watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Atmosphere

Started by Luka, April 17, 2017, 07:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Putney_

It would be interesting to have the home fans sit in the putney end and the away fans in the Hammersmith end for a game, and see what the difference is.

The fact that 400 or 500 Burton or Rotherham fans can be heard quite clearly over 3 or 4 thousand of us (albeit potentially more quiet) suggests a large part of it is down to the acoustics. 

I think the clubs answer to that problem was the clappers :X

FulhamStu

When we develop if we develop the Riverside, join it to the Hemmersmith end, or better still redevelop the Hammersmith end as part of the plan.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FulhamStu on April 18, 2017, 09:08:07 AM
When we develop if we develop the Riverside, joint it to the Hemmersmith end, or better still redevelop the Hammersmith end as part of the plan.

Good idea.

ScalleysDad

I am not a choirmaster but even 500 away fans standing together and singing/chanting/boinging as necessary will be more 'atmospheric' than much smaller pockets of home fans sitting down and being vigorously stewarded if they stand. From what I saw yesterday Villa had at least four whole blocks standing so for the Hammy End to compete that terracing section is a must. Bless you all at the back of H5,6 for giving it a go.

_Putney_

Maybe we just have quiet fans.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: _Putney_ on April 18, 2017, 10:08:19 AM

Of course you could be right. On the couple of occasions this season I have sat next to Mrs B the guys in the next row are churning out sudoku puzzles and one them seems oblivious to what is going on around him. I don't think the guy sat immediately behind us can stand very easily so that sort of tempers our instinct to stand at any hint of excitement.

_Putney_

Quote from: ScalleysDad on April 18, 2017, 10:35:13 AM
Quote from: _Putney_ on April 18, 2017, 10:08:19 AM

Of course you could be right. On the couple of occasions this season I have sat next to Mrs B the guys in the next row are churning out sudoku puzzles and one them seems oblivious to what is going on around him. I don't think the guy sat immediately behind us can stand very easily so that sort of tempers our instinct to stand at any hint of excitement.

I'll never understand paying to go to football to take interest in anything other than the football.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Discreetly placed microphones and speakers would solve the problem, if it's allowed.
A few grand :0) would create a fantastic atmosphere from the home fans.
A wall of white noise, chirping crickets or running water would dampen the Putney end.
with the running water 50% of them would also be in the toilets at any one time.

There are ways
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Mince n Tatties

Slava has said great support yesterday and atmosphere, so he heard the fans OK.

Woolly Mammoth

Every supporter should be supplied with a megaphone.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

A Megaphone, as defined in the English Oxford Collins Dictionary,  is a Cone/ Tunnel shaped device, designed to amplify and intensify and direct the voice. A speaking trumpet, a loudhailer, a blowhorn, an acoustic device, a bullhorn.

Never forget your Roots.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 18, 2017, 02:47:19 PM
A Megaphone, as defined in the English Oxford Collins Dictionary,  is a Cone/ Tunnel shaped device, designed to amplify and intensify and direct the voice. A speaking trumpet, a loudhailer, a blowhorn, an acoustic device, a bullhorn.

Don't give the club ideas.  The clappers are bad enough!!   :033:
¡COYW!

_Putney_

Someone suggested on Tiff that Putney End be changed to safe-standing for home fans. Would love that

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 18, 2017, 03:23:48 PM

Yes your right, the clappers are bad enough, it took two courses of Penicillin to get rid of them. I still have the scars to prove it. But at least it cured the itching. 

Never forget your Roots.

The Enclosurite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 18, 2017, 03:37:48 PM

Yes your right, the clappers are bad enough, it took two courses of Penicillin to get rid of them. I still have the scars to prove it. But at least it cured the itching. 

:58:
¡COYW!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Enclosurite on April 18, 2017, 05:10:49 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 18, 2017, 03:37:48 PM

:58:

☠️

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 18, 2017, 09:18:32 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on April 18, 2017, 09:08:07 AM
When we develop if we develop the Riverside, joint it to the Hemmersmith end, or better still redevelop the Hammersmith end as part of the plan.

Good idea.

I am to understand that is under consideration to redevelop both the Putney and Hammersmith ends, in conjunction with the Riverside. Hence the reason for a further review and update, which has caused further delay with the Riverside, because it will save money in the long term.

Never forget your Roots.

G_Gribby

... instead of clappers we can use the Vuvuzela horns from South Africa.

(That horrible product made me turn off the TV sound and put on The Jam).
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: G_Gribby on April 18, 2017, 10:09:54 PM
... instead of clappers we can use the Vuvuzela horns from South Africa.

(That horrible product made me turn off the TV sound and put on The Jam).

Vuvuzela, god forbid.......
I have heard better sounds coming out of the exhaust of a car.

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

As daft as it may sound wind direction plays a part.

No doubt this might lead to a few "Carry On" type jokes!