more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

John Terry - one thing I don't understand

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, April 19, 2017, 07:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Ok I'm not a fan of his. However looking at the facts -

Terry - had relations with an ex girlfriend of his team mate.

Giggs - had affair with his sister in law

Terry - always vilified in the press

Giggs - a media darling

Why is this the case?

westcliff white

I think i tis because Terry realtions with one ex team mates partners but alledgedly tried to with others, and his familt do not have a good history of being pleasant
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

A bloke I used to work with went downstairs for breakfast one morning and found Giggs asleep on his settee. Apparently his daughter had brought him back and then decided that she didn't fancy him enough.

I think Terry is tainted by the behaviour of other family members as well as his own.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

We should all be wary about stories reported by the media, even those much closer to the source or even those very close to home. Whilst there is always smoke around a fire, sometimes it doesn't mean what others think it means.  Even 'material witnesses' to events can get it totally wrong.  Ask a hundred people what they saw, heard and thought when at a seriously important historic event and it is still hard to convert the evidence into a completely reliable truth.  I would guess, as a yardstick measure, that the more money a person earns the less 'nice' s/he'll be with exceptions proving the rule, because the trick in life is always to be yourself and that get's harder the moment you move away (or are moved away) from who you truly are. 

My main point is that contemporary footballers are paid too much at the top and too little down the bottom, which, sadly, is repeated in contemporary society in general, and that says all you need to know about those at the top.

Woolly Mammoth

If I asked a hundred people what they saw about any incident, I would make sure Arsene Wenger wasn't one of them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Funky Fulham Dave

Not so much of "why is this the case"? rather why should we give a monkey's worrying about this type of garbage that the media spew out.

You had a prime example only last week with bully boy Kelvin MacKenzie likening Everton's Ross Barkley to a gorilla. That non-story illustrates the contempt shown by the Aussie bully-boy and his media cohorts. 

Don't buy it, don't buy any of it. It's a form of brain washing that diverts us from the real news, whatever the "real news" is.

Who are the people?

We are the people.

049:gif

EN1 FFC

Allegedly.. Terry had tried to put a gagging order on newspaper reports that he had an affair with team mates estranged girlfriend, who had got pregnant during that time and had an abortion, but neither Terrys wife or Wayne Bridge had any Idea about the affair until the gagging order was refused by the courts. Bridges had a 3 year old son with his girlfriend and Terrys wife was friends with the girlfriend Ms Perroncel, so it all kicked off as they were all best mates and lived near each other.

Southcoastffc

Around the time Terry (and Lampard) was reported as having insulted Americans at Heathrow just after 9/11, I met his uncle.  His uncle simply said "John really is not very bright"  Here's a charge sheet https://www.joe.ie/sport/rap-sheet-the-crimes-and-misdemeanours-of-john-terry-28812
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Funky Fulham Dave

Who cares?

Just because it was reported by the Murdoch media misinformation bureau doesn't make it true.

filham

All I can think is these players get what they deserve from an unethical media.
Surely with their enormous wages and public profile they should behave better and be aware that youngsters in particular look at them as trend setters.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 19, 2017, 12:46:49 PM

Who cares?

Just because it was reported by the Murdoch media misinformation bureau doesn't make it true.

Are you serious?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 19, 2017, 01:32:58 PM
Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 19, 2017, 12:46:49 PM

Who cares?

Are you serious?

I try not to be.

aaronmcguigan

who cares what footballers do outside of a football stadium?
I couldn't care if Scott Parker  ended up shacking up with his mothers cousins dog.

I doubt you can say Giggs is a media darling, not that I read many papers but it's what's on the pitch that matters.

MikeW

Filham: the crux is they are just not very educated or bright a lot of them.  And of course too much money, too much on a plate, too many distractions.

Terry never needs to work again yet I wonder what his interests are?  Not much outside the Chelsea bubble I suspect.  It will be interesting.  Bet he ends up at Bournemouth or Brighton.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on April 19, 2017, 08:55:03 PM
who cares what footballers do outside of a football stadium?
I couldn't care if Scott Parker  ended up shacking up with his mothers cousins dog.

I doubt you can say Giggs is a media darling, not that I read many papers but it's what's on the pitch that matters.

As you say, it's what happens on the pitch that matters, having said that..........
I once saw a film made for TV about a fictional football club, and one scene showed the Stadium Manager turning on the floodlights late at night after a tip off, to find their star striker scoring with the Chairmans wife in the centre circle.
So from his point of view it certainly did matter what happens on the pitch.
But on this occasion he was caught offside, and the Chairmans wife was caught on all fours. That was a definate penalty, and she confirmed he was a good dribbler, and he was sharp in the box.
This made for TV film must have been about ten years ago or more, does anyone remember it.

Never forget your Roots.

Funky Fulham Dave

Yea, I once saw a film made for TV about fictional moon landings.

I really enjoyed the absurdity of the concept and wonder why they stopped making them.

Does anyone remember them?

I'm not sure but I fink the film studios were called NASA or sumfing like that.

:group hug:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Newry FFC on April 19, 2017, 08:55:03 PM

I reckon his mothers cousins dog might have something to say about that.
As you say, it's what's on the pitch that matters. It's was only the other day at a Sunday morning match which was delayed for about ten minutes due to all the dog poo that was laying on the pitch, which had to be cleared.
I am not saying it was Scott Parkers mothers cousins dog who was responsible for evacuating its bowels on this particular pitch. But I have been informed that, that particular breed was sighted in the phacinity recently by an independent witness.

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

What happens on the pitch is absolutely not the most instant thing.

Absolutely not.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I sat next to his mum during the 2002 FA Cup semi final against Chelsea. Lets just say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Lovely language and a face like a melted carrier bag.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on April 20, 2017, 02:19:06 PM
I sat next to his mum during the 2002 FA Cup semi final against Chelsea. Lets just say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Lovely language and a face like a melted carrier bag.

God, best keep quiet about sitting so close to one of those. It's a treasonable offence don't you know.

Anyway what were you doing "up" the other end.

No, I'm only joking.

But did she jump up and down when her not so little Johnny boy scored the winner?