watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Have you heard the latest

Started by Peabody, April 19, 2017, 05:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

My son went into The Greyhound by Carshalton Ponds, only to be told that they wouldn't serve him because he was in his work clothes. He is a windscreen fitter, so he said what if I had a suit as my work clothes and they said that was OK. Please, please if you are local, please boycott this snob ridden establishment.

Holders

That's why "public houses" had public and saloon bars.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Peabody

Quote from: Holders on April 19, 2017, 06:06:24 PM
That's why "public houses" had public and saloon bars.

Wish you would tell The Greyhound that.

Mince n Tatties

Disgrace...Boycott if you live there
I've a good mind to come down from Newmarket with a pitchfork and mucksack full of horse droppings...

bog

WhiteJC

that used to be my local, Les Grey (the singer from Mud) would come in on Friday nights and buy everyone a beer  :beer:

I've not been in there for at least 20 years, the beer was never all that good anyway, I preferred the Jenny Lind (nearer Sutton)

Woolly Mammoth

I went in there once upon a time. Luckily for me they saw me pull up in a Horse & Carriage.
I was wearing a Top Hat and Tails with Sleeves, and a Bow Tie. I had a cigarette holder in one hand, and a cane in the other. Plus one of my Footmen was with me at the time.
So I probably just got away with it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Kent Cassandra

Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on April 20, 2017, 08:36:08 AM
Consider it boycotted Mr P

Geoff Boycott probably will not go there either.

Never forget your Roots.

FFCFOREVER

Absolute disgrace.Use the Woodman instead on the other side of the church.

filham

I know a couple of men who just don't believe in work, prefer to live of their parents and education grants etc., bet they would be allowed in.
Enough recognition is not given these days to those that still do a hard days work, whatever it is.
The pub should be shut down.

Andy S

I'm glad they can afford to be so fussy. Most pubs I know are struggling to the point of closure and are trying lots of ways to attract people in. I don't thing this one is a good idea.

Keynsham

Things have changed at the greyhound since my last visit there.

We were chased out for interrupting a BNP meeting! Never went back, funnily enough.

Funky Fulham Dave

Everything that one would expect from such a pretentious establishment that is YOUNG'S.

Here's one of their tight arse testimonies:

"Just to say what a wonderful evening myself and my WI friends had.....staff wonderful.....Thank you".

I reckon the lad got a result. After all, who wants to drink alongside all those affected curtain twitchers.

Get yourself down to your local JD Wetherspoon for a good old drop of Lager.

049:gif

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 20, 2017, 10:46:48 AM

Everything that one would expect from such a pretentious establishment that is YOUNG'S.

Here's one of their tight arse testimonies:

"Just to say what a wonderful evening myself and my WI friends had.....staff wonderful.....Thank you".

I reckon the lad got a result. After all, who wants to drink alongside all those affected curtain twitchers.

Get yourself down to your local JD Wetherspoon for a good old drop of Lager.

049:gif

Wetherspoons the blight of the industry.
They all look like glorified restaurants than pubs and responsible for the closure of good locals,3 in my area
they've shut,wouldn't give them a penny,I'd stop drinking if they were the only ones left.
As for Lager,go get some real ale down you and not that garbage.

FFCJack

How many Carshalton types on here?

All overpriced beer in the area.

Forget the Woodman - the woman owner is an absolute scumbag

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Personally I think it's correct that people in their work attire should not be allowed into that splendid establishment,
what what what !

Assuming the manager, owners and staff on duty are all working, they should get their kit off and serve naked.

Also, your son should go round the back of the pub and 'make his own work' and then walk in saying "There's a blue
sports car outside with a broken windshield, anyone need it repaired"

Tossers
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

bill taylors apprentice

Youngs bitter was a great favourite of mine and I used the Greyhound on many occasions in the past along with many other traditional Youngs pubs.

Sadly since they started ripping out the original "traditional" features of many of their pubs only to install fake "traditional" features things have not been as good.

And since they sold up the ram brewery and stopped brewing their own beer its got worse!