more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Have you heard the latest

Started by Peabody, April 19, 2017, 05:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 20, 2017, 02:38:53 PM
Youngs bitter was a great favourite of mine and I used the Greyhound on many occasions in the past along with many other traditional Youngs pubs.

Sadly since they started ripping out the original "traditional" features of many of their pubs only to install fake "traditional" features things have not been as good.

And since they sold up the ram brewery and stopped brewing their own beer its got worse!

Unfortunately you are indeed correct.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 20, 2017, 01:38:37 PM
Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 20, 2017, 10:46:48 AM

Everything that one would expect from such a pretentious establishment that is YOUNG'S.

Here's one of their tight arse testimonies:

"Just to say what a wonderful evening myself and my WI friends had.....staff wonderful.....Thank you".

I reckon the lad got a result. After all, who wants to drink alongside all those affected curtain twitchers.

Get yourself down to your local JD Wetherspoon for a good old drop of Lager.

049:gif

Wetherspoons the blight of the industry.
They all look like glorified restaurants than pubs and responsible for the closure of good locals,3 in my area
they've shut,wouldn't give them a penny,I'd stop drinking if they were the only ones left.
As for Lager,go get some real ale down you and not that garbage.

Oh the irony.

On one hand a pretentious real ale boozer not wanting a member of the hoi-polloi in their establishment as opposed to a boozer who caters for the blue collar type.

Anyway I'm told JD Wetherspoon have a selection of cask and real ales. Scandalous!

But be it glugging lovely lager or quaffing real ale it all tastes the same after three pints.

Mince n Tatties

Where I come from Lager is drunk in the snug by old ladies...lol
Wetherspoons wouldn't know how to keep a real ale or serve it that comes down to a proper landlord not some jumped up 20 something manager of Wetherspoons in his naff suit and winkle pickers.
They're a joke..
As for not knowing the taste difference after 3 pints,I assure you I'd know if I was drinking horse piss(sorry meant lager)..lol

hovewhite

Everything that one would expect from such a pretentious establishment that is YOUNG'S.

"Just to say what a wonderful evening myself and my WI friends had.....staff wonderful.....Thank you".

I reckon the lad got a result. After all, who wants to drink alongside all those affected curtain twitchers.

Youngs isnt youngs anymre,its now brewed by charles wells brewery and they use different water,i havr always preferred Fullers myself which is brewed locally in chiswick.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 20, 2017, 04:29:49 PM
Wetherspoons wouldn't know how to keep a real ale or serve it that comes down to a proper landlord not some jumped up 20 something manager of Wetherspoons in his naff suit and winkle pickers.
They're a joke..
As for not knowing the taste difference after 3 pints,I assure you I'd know if I was drinking horse piss(sorry meant lager)..lol

Quick give me the address, I love old ladies, especially ones that drink in an intimate surroundings of a snug.

But I know lots who love all that real ale and cask ale nonsense and go all dewy-eyed at the thought of downing one of those flowery tasting beers.

But the beer always reminds me of the tang you get from drinking from a glass that has a residue of washing-up liquid that's not been fully washed away.

So it's a big no from me, but pass on my best wishes to those lovely, lager drinking, snuggly ladies.

Chin, chin.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: hovewhite on April 20, 2017, 04:42:20 PM

Youngs isnt youngs anymre,its now brewed by charles wells brewery and they use different water,i havr always preferred Fullers myself which is brewed locally in chiswick.

Always found the best ales to be that of Kent brewery
Shepherd Name.
They've had some corkers over the years.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 20, 2017, 04:44:13 PM
They're a joke..

Quick give me the address, I love old ladies, especially ones that drink in an intimate surroundings of a snug.

But I know lots who love all that real ale and cask ale nonsense and go all dewy-eyed at the thought of downing one of those flowery tasting beers.

But the beer always reminds me of the tang you get from drinking from a glass that has a residue of washing-up liquid that's not been fully washed away.

So it's a big no from me, but pass on my best wishes to those lovely, lager drinking, snuggly ladies.

Chin, chin.

I have done already,Mavis and Celia send their regards.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 20, 2017, 04:48:23 PM
They're a joke..

Chin, chin.

That Mavis is a real goer, she can drink a Flagon of Adnams Ale from a Peuter Tankard without using her hands, whilst balancing two Bowels of custard in the air. At the same time singing Eve of Destruction by Barry McGuire.

Never forget your Roots.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 20, 2017, 04:48:23 PM
They're a joke..

Chin, chin.

If you've already "done" Mavis I'll best take my chances with Celia.

Mince n Tatties

Eve of destruction, that's a blast from the past Woolly.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 20, 2017, 05:10:56 PM
Eve of destruction, that's a blast from the past Woolly.

Yes Indeed Mince, if I remember correctly it was early sixties, I think it got to number one in the charts, knocking Del Shannons Runaway off top spot. 

Never forget your Roots.

Funky Fulham Dave

"Come outside"

No it's not an invitation for a bout of gratuitous violence but an urgent call too Celia to leave the snug and join me as we gaze at the stars whilst listening to the Mike Sarne top of the pops song "Come Outside".

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 20, 2017, 05:23:07 PM

"Come outside"

No it's not an invitation for a bout of gratuitous violence but an urgent call too Celia to leave the snug and join me as we gaze at the stars whilst listening to the Mike Sarne top of the pops song "Come Outside".

"There's a lovely moon up there"

Peabody

You forgot the beginning 'little doll we've been dancing all night long' and if you do go into the Greyhound dressed like Worzel Gummage then you will be asked to come outside.

Woolly Mammoth

Wasnt the girl he was asking to come outside, ended up as Miss Brahms in that comedy, the name escapes me, it was a department store.

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 20, 2017, 06:09:34 PM
Wasnt the girl he was asking to come outside, ended up as Miss Brahms in that comedy, the name escapes me, it was a department store.

Are you being Served was the programme but she was also in Eastenders. The late Wendy Richard was her name. The bloke singing was Mike Sarne

SP

Tried the Greyhound a few times over the years & hated it on all fronts, beer, service & layout.

I'm told the food there is awful despite the high prices.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Peabody on April 20, 2017, 06:33:51 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 20, 2017, 06:09:34 PM

Are you being Served was the programme but she was also in Eastenders. The late Wendy Richard was her name. The bloke singing was Mike Sarne

Thanks Peabody, my memory is getting worse.

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: hovewhite on April 20, 2017, 04:42:20 PM

I haven't drunk beer in the 16 years I've been here.
When I came back last June/July I sure quaffed back some London Pride.
My old local was the Turks Head in St Margarets
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

I used to drink pints of Ramrod and Special at the Railway Bell in Gypsy Hill -there were a few Youngs pubs in that area of south -east London.

I used to go to the Greyhound  down the road from the Cottage to listen to bands  after games I remember.