Author Topic: Queen at the o2  (Read 637 times)

Offline Burt

• Global Moderator
  • Moritz Volz
  • The future's bright, the future's white.
Queen at the o2
« on: April 20, 2017, 10:27:09 AM »
Got my tickets sorted, so am as happy as a pig in muck.

BUT

In addition to the face value price for each ticket, they added 1.75 "facility fee" and 10.75 "service charge". Huh???

Fortunately they decided not to add a charge for me to print the tickets out on my own printer.

Online dannyboi-ffc

• Global Moderator
  • Gentleman Jim
Re: Queen at the o2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 10:39:42 AM »
I sacrificed Huddersfield away to treat the Mrs. She's seeing Bruno Mars on Friday at the 02. She better bloody enjoy it lol!

Everyone nowadays wants to squeeze every last pence out of ya. It's becoming a joke what people charge for.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc        

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 11:05:28 AM »
Got my tickets sorted, so am as happy as a pig in muck.

BUT

In addition to the face value price for each ticket, they added 1.75 "facility fee" and 10.75 "service charge". Huh???

Fortunately they decided not to add a charge for me to print the tickets out on my own printer.

I think you will find they are considering doing just that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Offline westcliff white

• Global Moderator
  • Finnster01
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 11:06:37 AM »
queen? as in the band ?

sorry Burt but since Freddie died they ceased to be queen for me.
Every day is a Fulham day

Offline Riversider

• Legend
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 11:44:26 AM »
Good luck with the O2, 99% of the seats are awful and the remaining 1% are not very good,
If you are in the upper tier or at the back I wouldn't even bother going, the sound quality is terrible ,
I was there last month and will be back in October but I had to pay top dollar for one of the front blocks on the floor outside of those blocks the O2 isn't fit for purpose.

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 02:10:43 PM »
queen? as in the band ?

sorry Burt but since Freddie died they ceased to be queen for me.

Isn't Queen Tim Farrons favourite group.

Offline nose

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 02:57:14 PM »
I sacrificed Huddersfield away to treat the Mrs. She's seeing Bruno Mars on Friday at the 02. She better bloody enjoy it lol!

Everyone nowadays wants to squeeze every last pence out of ya. It's becoming a joke what people charge for.

Bruno Mars is top top class!!! Saw him a couple of years back, best showman around, reminiscent of the old Rand B/soul performers.
Earl, Barrett and Conway: Tony Gale and Ivor: Saha, Hayles and Boa. Who's next?

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 02:59:24 PM »

Bruno Mars is top top class!!! Saw him a couple of years back, best showman around, reminiscent of the old Rand B/soul performers.

Isn't Bruno Mars on another planet ?

Offline Supermitch

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »
Hope you enjoy.  I saw Queen with Paul Rodgers at Wembley Arena a number of years ago and it was very good.

Personally though I don't like the O2 so didn't consider getting tickets.

Offline jarv

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 07:04:41 PM »
Isn't she a bit old now to be going to pop concerts? :Get Coat gif:

Offline spikey norman

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 07:56:37 PM »
Hope you enjoy.  I saw Queen with Paul Rodgers at Wembley Arena a number of years ago and it was very good.

Saw Queen with Freddie at Brighton Centre in 1979 which was brilliant.
Also saw Queen with Paul Rodgers which was good.
Agree about O2
Never been before until going to Black Sabbath's final tour concert in January.Decent enough view from seats in upper tier but didn't feel safe walking along row to my seat as it felt so steep.
Good job I was sober otherwise I would have gone down a few rows.Really good concert though.Ozzie and Sabbath were great.
Going to London Arena for first time in June to see Guns and Roses.
Is it a good venue for concerts?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:59:42 PM by spikey norman »

Offline Burt

• Global Moderator
  • Moritz Volz
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 08:04:57 PM »
If you mean the SSE Arena at Wembley it's OK - saw ZZ Top there last year and the acoustics were average. Heard worse, heard better. Funnily enough the worst I had was ACDC at Wembley Stadium but I think that was more to do with their decibel level (bleeding ears, deaf for a week) as opposed to anything else, and overall it was a superb gig.

Offline spikey norman

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 08:29:08 PM »
If you mean the SSE Arena at Wembley it's OK - saw ZZ Top there last year and the acoustics were average. Heard worse, heard better. Funnily enough the worst I had was ACDC at Wembley Stadium but I think that was more to do with their decibel level (bleeding ears, deaf for a week) as opposed to anything else, and overall it was a superb gig.
Meant West Ham's ground

Offline Burt

• Global Moderator
  • Moritz Volz
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 08:38:28 PM »
Meant West Ham's ground

Ah OK, sorry can't help. Last time I went there was 2012 for some minor sporting event  :dft011:

Offline spikey norman

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 11:07:52 PM »
Being there for the Olympics must have been as an amazing experience Burt.
Hoping it will be a good venue for the concert in June but have heard it can be a bit flat for the football.
Have been to both Wembley venues for concerts and Twickenham to see the Stones but best venue for me personally is Hammersmith  Odeon or whatever it is called these days.