watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Queen at the o2

Started by Burt, April 20, 2017, 10:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Got my tickets sorted, so am as happy as a pig in muck.

BUT

In addition to the face value price for each ticket, they added 1.75 "facility fee" and 10.75 "service charge". Huh???

Fortunately they decided not to add a charge for me to print the tickets out on my own printer.

dannyboi-ffc

I sacrificed Huddersfield away to treat the Mrs. She's seeing Bruno Mars on Friday at the 02. She better bloody enjoy it lol!

Everyone nowadays wants to squeeze every last pence out of ya. It's becoming a joke what people charge for.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Burt on April 20, 2017, 10:27:09 AM
Got my tickets sorted, so am as happy as a pig in muck.

BUT

In addition to the face value price for each ticket, they added 1.75 "facility fee" and 10.75 "service charge". Huh???

Fortunately they decided not to add a charge for me to print the tickets out on my own printer.

I think you will find they are considering doing just that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

queen? as in the band ?

sorry Burt but since Freddie died they ceased to be queen for me.
Every day is a Fulham day

Riversider

Good luck with the O2, 99% of the seats are awful and the remaining 1% are not very good,
If you are in the upper tier or at the back I wouldn't even bother going, the sound quality is terrible ,
I was there last month and will be back in October but I had to pay top dollar for one of the front blocks on the floor outside of those blocks the O2 isn't fit for purpose.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on April 20, 2017, 11:06:37 AM
queen? as in the band ?

sorry Burt but since Freddie died they ceased to be queen for me.

Isn't Queen Tim Farrons favourite group.

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 20, 2017, 10:39:42 AM
I sacrificed Huddersfield away to treat the Mrs. She's seeing Bruno Mars on Friday at the 02. She better bloody enjoy it lol!

Everyone nowadays wants to squeeze every last pence out of ya. It's becoming a joke what people charge for.

Bruno Mars is top top class!!! Saw him a couple of years back, best showman around, reminiscent of the old Rand B/soul performers.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on April 20, 2017, 02:57:14 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 20, 2017, 10:39:42 AM

Bruno Mars is top top class!!! Saw him a couple of years back, best showman around, reminiscent of the old Rand B/soul performers.

Isn't Bruno Mars on another planet ?

Never forget your Roots.

Supermitch

Hope you enjoy.  I saw Queen with Paul Rodgers at Wembley Arena a number of years ago and it was very good.

Personally though I don't like the O2 so didn't consider getting tickets.

jarv

Isn't she a bit old now to be going to pop concerts? :Get Coat gif:

spikey norman

Quote from: Supermitch on April 20, 2017, 05:41:41 PM
Hope you enjoy.  I saw Queen with Paul Rodgers at Wembley Arena a number of years ago and it was very good.

Quote from: Supermitch on April 20, 2017, 05:41:41 PM

Saw Queen with Freddie at Brighton Centre in 1979 which was brilliant.
Also saw Queen with Paul Rodgers which was good.
Agree about O2
Never been before until going to Black Sabbath's final tour concert in January.Decent enough view from seats in upper tier but didn't feel safe walking along row to my seat as it felt so steep.
Good job I was sober otherwise I would have gone down a few rows.Really good concert though.Ozzie and Sabbath were great.
Going to London Arena for first time in June to see Guns and Roses.
Is it a good venue for concerts?

Burt

If you mean the SSE Arena at Wembley it's OK - saw ZZ Top there last year and the acoustics were average. Heard worse, heard better. Funnily enough the worst I had was ACDC at Wembley Stadium but I think that was more to do with their decibel level (bleeding ears, deaf for a week) as opposed to anything else, and overall it was a superb gig.

spikey norman

Quote from: Burt on April 20, 2017, 08:04:57 PM
If you mean the SSE Arena at Wembley it's OK - saw ZZ Top there last year and the acoustics were average. Heard worse, heard better. Funnily enough the worst I had was ACDC at Wembley Stadium but I think that was more to do with their decibel level (bleeding ears, deaf for a week) as opposed to anything else, and overall it was a superb gig.
Meant West Ham's ground

Burt

Quote from: spikey norman on April 20, 2017, 08:29:08 PM
Meant West Ham's ground

Ah OK, sorry can't help. Last time I went there was 2012 for some minor sporting event  :dft011:

spikey norman

Being there for the Olympics must have been as an amazing experience Burt.
Hoping it will be a good venue for the concert in June but have heard it can be a bit flat for the football.
Have been to both Wembley venues for concerts and Twickenham to see the Stones but best venue for me personally is Hammersmith  Odeon or whatever it is called these days.

bog

Is the Duke of Edinburgh going to appear also?

092.gif

Funky Fulham Dave

Back in the late 90's did some work in the Holland Park home of Anita Dobson.

She was absolutely lovely and gave me chapter and verse of her early years living in the East End and talked enthusiastically about her "fella".

She later paid me from a dual bank account that included the name of Brian May on the cheque, but didn't manage to see him though. 

049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

It's a shame Bert Weedon isn't around today, he would be sensational, and would pull in the crowds.

Never forget your Roots.

Bumpy

I'm aware that some people who aren't moderators have started their non Fulham posts with NFR.  Is there a reason this post isn't mark in that way?

Woolly Mammoth

Because Bumpy. NFR stands for Not For Resuscitation.

Never forget your Roots.