watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

John Terry - one thing I don't understand

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, April 19, 2017, 07:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funky Fulham Dave

.........is the meaning of life and other stuff...........

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on April 20, 2017, 02:19:06 PM
I sat next to his mum during the 2002 FA Cup semi final against Chelsea. Lets just say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Lovely language and a face like a melted carrier bag.

I have just this moment melted a carrier bag to see what it looks like, and your right there is a remarkable resemblance.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SG

Read the article by Matthew Syed in the Times on him and you will see why I pray we never see him in a FFC shirt

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 20, 2017, 04:07:37 PM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on April 20, 2017, 02:19:06 PM
I sat next to his mum during the 2002 FA Cup semi final against Chelsea. Lets just say the apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Lovely language and a face like a melted carrier bag.

God, best keep quiet about sitting so close to one of those. It's a treasonable offence don't you know.

Anyway what were you doing "up" the other end.

No, I'm only joking.

But did she jump up and down when her not so little Johnny boy scored the winner?

Ha ha nah. Sat next table to her at a boozer in Dagenham. Can't even remember why we were in there, but has since been the talking point 'remember John Terry mum?  Anyway this was fairly early In his career and she was on it in the boozer watching on a big screen as she f'd nd blinded through most of the game. She was well tanked up, a lot of the locals knew her . Dripping in tacky gold chains and rings , she was a typical slagenham munter of epic proportion.

bog

Whether you are a fan or not of Terry there is no doubt he always gives everything for the cause. He was close to going to Huddersfield when young but Ranieri arrived and the transfer was halted. It may be of interest to some that in my area a few years back a young Chelsea fan had cancer. His parents wrote to Terry and very soon both he and Frank Lampard paid him a visit in the hospice. Sadly the young lad passed way but at the funeral both Terry and Lampard turned up to pay their respects. All along they both said that the did not want their visits to become common knowledge out of respect for the young lad.

092.gif   

Logicalman

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 19, 2017, 12:29:42 PM
Around the time Terry (and Lampard) was reported as having insulted Americans at Heathrow just after 9/11, I met his uncle.  His uncle simply said "John really is not very bright"  Here's a charge sheet https://www.joe.ie/sport/rap-sheet-the-crimes-and-misdemeanours-of-john-terry-28812

This is a perfect example of the gutter press crap that is peddled about supposedly as news.

He even names our very own Scotty Parker as a miscreant!

and this:  "Terry is one of a number of Chelsea players alleged by a photographer to have prevented him from taking photographs and subsequently damaging his scooter."  Seriously?

and this: "....with reports suggesting he had affairs with up to nine other women before setting down" er, BEFORE he settled down? I guess anyone that Terry, or any other footie player beds is news is it?

This caps it all:
"Terry is believed to have accepted a folder containing £10,000 in £50 notes for organising a secret behind the scenes tour of the Chelsea training ground. The scam was uncovered by the News of the World, the now defunct red top that was once the bastion of clean cut investigative journalism."
Seriously, when was the News of The Screws (sorry, I mean World) EVER a bastion of anything apart from gossip and under-the-counter payments?

No-one really wants to support Terry, he is (apparently) not a nice person, but when a pseudo-journo drags up crappy 'facts' and puts them out as a 'Rap Sheet', you have to wonder what is actually really true about the guy and what is not.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

Blimey, I hope this particular Journalist does not look at the Skeletons in my Cupboard.
☠️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.