Main Menu

NFR wannabe comedians

Started by One James stannard, April 20, 2017, 05:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jem on April 20, 2017, 09:35:24 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 20, 2017, 08:41:57 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on April 20, 2017, 08:29:46 PM
Funny comments from the terraces, amusing chants and outbursts from suporters have been part and parcel of the football experience since the game began.

Humour is an essential part of football.

Well said sir.
That is true but then there is humour and then there is very weak humour. There are some who whilst posting obvious and weak humour sometimes post interesting and challenging football posts. If I use the ignore function I may miss some interesting opinions. What a Dilema!

I know the feeling, decisions decisions. But my advice is to leave the ignore button in the safe, as you may miss something really interesting and important, we still live in a democracy, and everybody has something interesting to say at some stage, and if there is something that you find not to your taste, ignore it, and look the other way, I have eventually learnt to do that more or less. I find that eating leaves and Foliage and the occasional Ant Eater has made me more tranquil.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Burt on April 20, 2017, 08:01:41 PM
OJS,

At risk of being unfunny and sensible, there is an "Ignore" function on here that you can use to block out posts from any particular person you find annoying...
That's me barred by about half the people on here then :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on April 20, 2017, 10:27:35 PM
Quote from: Burt on April 20, 2017, 08:01:41 PM
OJS,

At risk of being unfunny and sensible, there is an "Ignore" function on here that you can use to block out posts from any particular person you find annoying...
That's me barred by about half the people on here then :(

049:gif

My son, I have just sneaked out of bed to give you absolution, at least that's what it says on the tin.

Is that funny?

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Statto on April 20, 2017, 08:26:49 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on April 20, 2017, 08:09:59 PM
here's how you can ignore someones posts...

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=7114.0

Done. that will do. cheers

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

A concept straight out of Pyongyang with a much needed bit of self censorship, brilliant.

Think I'll try a bit of the same tomorrow.

I'm gonna ring up my newsagent and ask him to cut out all the bits from my Daily paper that I disagree with and that are not funny. Trouble is I'll be left with just the TV listings.

VB

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 20, 2017, 10:11:41 PM
Live and let live.

I prefer Live and let die.........it was a better film........ :Get Coat gif:
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Lighthouse

I have used this function in the past as fellow posters have done for me. But I notice it has changed a bit since I last used it. Reminds me a little of Dads Army - Don't tell him Pike. Always helpful as frankly we can all get on the nerves at times. I even Ignore myself most of the time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on April 20, 2017, 10:49:11 PM
Quote from: Statto on April 20, 2017, 08:26:49 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on April 20, 2017, 08:09:59 PM
here's how you can ignore someones posts...

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=7114.0

Done. that will do. cheers

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

A concept straight out of Pyongyang with a much needed bit of self censorship, brilliant.

Think I'll try a bit of the same tomorrow.

I'm gonna ring up my newsagent and ask him to cut out all the bits from my Daily paper that I disagree with and that are not funny. Trouble is I'll be left with just the TV listings.

Drunk to much today i'm totally Pyongyanged.

Woolly Mammoth

Autocracy as defined in the English Oxford Collins Dictionary is....Dictatorship, one person controlling a group of people. Governed by a single individual having unlimited power.
Tyranny, Despotism, Absolutism.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

VB

The righteous rise
Quiet in conscience, calm in their right
Confident their ways are best.........

and those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves.........

Quick to judge
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand...    :048:
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Bumpy

Someone keeps deleting my calm and inoffensive posts.  I wonder if the enforcer who is indeed superior and aware of the rules i am breaking, please explain why.  I'd hate to do it again. 

Living in fear
Bumpy

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Five out of 6 people who played Russian Roulette only once, said it was a safe game.

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

filham

Funny comments from the terraces, amusing chants and outbursts from suporters have been part and parcel of the football experience since the game began.

Well said sir.
Absolutley, and following Fulham without a joke, small doses of sarcasm and the  odd digression would become a terrible bore.

Logicalman

Quote from: filham on April 21, 2017, 02:13:49 PM

Well said sir.
Absolutley, and following Fulham without a joke, small doses of sarcasm and the  odd digression would become a terrible bore.

Quite rightly said. Some of the shenanigans we have seen from the various boards and owners over the decades might even intimate the joke is on us to keep supporting! Though, such miscreants are likely well aware, we support our club through thick and thin, and they are mere caretakers of the club and it's name, not the be-all and end-all.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

The Old Count

Quote from: Logicalman on April 21, 2017, 02:52:48 PM
Quote from: filham on April 21, 2017, 02:13:49 PM

Well said sir.

Quite rightly said. Some of the shenanigans we have seen from the various boards and owners over the decades might even intimate the joke is on us to keep supporting! Though, such miscreants are likely well aware, we support our club through thick and thin, and they are mere caretakers of the club and it's name, not the be-all and end-all.

As Einstien said: No humour = No enlightenment

HatterDon

I think everyone who sympathizes with the OP has a particular "burr in the saddle" in mind. Each of us has the ability to block any posters comments. I've used this to keep my blood pressure low. The site's doo-dahs also allow me to override my own ban if there exists a chance that a particular comment might actually be of interest to me.

For the folk on my "ignore" list, I'd say that for every 75 or so posts that are permanently ignored, there's one or two that I look at in hopes that it might contain something intelligent, insightful, and contributory. I DO find them and am the better for it when I do.

So, you don't need the MODs to ban folks; you can do it yourself.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

dannyboi-ffc

The issue isn't people having a laugh on here and making attempts at humour. Let's face it, if you can't laugh as a Fulham Fan then there's not much hope for any of us.

But there's a time and a place for the silly stuff, the sarcastic stuff, the banter. Sometimes the art of someone who is funny is that they have the talent for assessing the appropriate moment to act the clown or pull out the one liner. Unfortunately sometimes this isn't the case and debates are drowned out by irrelevant desperate behaviour to get a few laughs.

Fulham is a fun place, a wonderful place to spend my weekends. But not all debates and conversations need to be taken over by nonsense at 100mph.

It's about balance at the end of the day. Unfortunately certain people have been asked several times to tone it down but if it hasn't improved then the only way to stop it is to ban them. Then you get criticism for dictating blah blah blah. The wide range of characters and people that visit this site make it impossible to create a balance that pleases everyone. So you can't win but the majority are fantastic and make FOF a great place to discuss Fulham. The ones that disagree and think elsewhere is better are entitled to their opinion but it's a wonder why they are still posting here instead.  :023:

Keep up the good work 99% of you. Or I'll bar ya...... :dead horse: 051
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Bumpy

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 21, 2017, 05:15:14 PM
The issue isn't people having a laugh on here and making attempts at humour. Let's face it, if you can't laugh as a Fulham Fan then there's not much hope for any of us.

But there's a time and a place for the silly stuff, the sarcastic stuff, the banter. Sometimes the art of someone who is funny is that they have the talent for assessing the appropriate moment to act the clown or pull out the one liner. Unfortunately sometimes this isn't the case and debates are drowned out by irrelevant desperate behaviour to get a few laughs.

Fulham is a fun place, a wonderful place to spend my weekends. But not all debates and conversations need to be taken over by nonsense at 100mph.

It's about balance at the end of the day. Unfortunately certain people have been asked several times to tone it down but if it hasn't improved then the only way to stop it is to ban them. Then you get criticism for dictating blah blah blah. The wide range of characters and people that visit this site make it impossible to create a balance that pleases everyone. So you can't win but the majority are fantastic and make FOF a great place to discuss Fulham. The ones that disagree and think elsewhere is better are entitled to their opinion but it's a wonder why they are still posting here instead.  :023:

You're a moderator.  Perhaps you can tell me why someone deleted my calm, mature and inoffensive posts?  I merely said the equivalent of 'that piece of halibut was good enough for jehovah' and both got deleted.

Awaiting a good stoning.
Bumpy

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Bumpy on April 21, 2017, 05:50:38 PM

You're a moderator.  Perhaps you can tell me why someone deleted my calm, mature and inoffensive posts?  I merely said the equivalent of 'that piece of halibut was good enough for jehovah' and both got deleted.

Awaiting a good stoning.
Bumpy

Go into McDonald's and try selling KFC to the queue of customers. See if they let you. Basically what one of your posts did to us. It's a free world, free speech but our interests are to keep FOF strong so there's a line.

I've only just got on here properly today so it wasn't me before you start returning those stones lol.  And I'm not aware of multiple posts, just the one.

If you're confused then please pm me. It's not a popular method going public.

051 :wine:

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

cmg

Thanks.
A statesmanlike statement....(and, no, I'm not being sarcastic...for once.)

bobbo

Doesn't bother me either way read if you want ignore it if you want. COYW tomorrow 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
1975 just leaving home full of hope