watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Teacher Teacher

Started by Andy S, April 21, 2017, 09:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

When I was back at school in the 1960's we had two footballers who came down once a week to help with the sports. They were Brentford's Peter Gelson and Qpr & ex Fulham player Rodney Marsh. Did any other schools have top players of their day assisting, and does it still happen

westcliff white

Peter Bonetti and Jimmy Greaves
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Frank Blunstone and Marvin Hinton
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Our football coach was one John Jones who claimed to have been a Fulham reserve.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

stevehawkinslidingtackle

During the summer holidays when I was about 15, a few of us used to train with the local village side in the evening , who were then a decent County side. Through the connection's of one of the senior players, one day Steve Perryman turned up and took over training  once a week for about a month. I wanted his autograph on the first day, so got him to squiggle on the back of an old silk cut packet I found on the floor. It started to fade after a few weeks, so I traced over it with biro, making it look completely naff.

The Old Count

I went to the same school as Steve Earle

bog

As a youngster Steve Perryman used to deliver newspapers to a school friend of mine in Northolt.

092.gif

Holders

Quote from: bog on April 22, 2017, 08:23:19 AM
As a youngster Steve Perryman used to deliver newspapers to a school friend of mine in Northolt.

092.gif

He went to school with an ex-girlfriend, she said that he was full of himself.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

gezkc

092.gif

I used to go to his sports shop in Hayes quite a bit when I lived in that neck of the woods. Think it closed down a good few years ago now though.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Holders on April 22, 2017, 08:59:23 AM

092.gif

He went to school with an ex-girlfriend, she said that he was full of himself.

So are Russian Dolls, they are full of themselves.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.