watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fred, Boa or Les? In a race

Started by dannyboi-ffc, April 21, 2017, 08:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Who would have won the race, Fredericks, Boa or Barrett?

Never saw Les play and until Fred came along I didn't think I'd ever see a player quicker than Boa but Fred is off the charts. He's easily the fastest in this division, impossible to tell where he'd be in the prem for speed until he gets there but he'd be in the top 10 easily I reckon.

Anyway, who wins the race? And have I missed anyone out who you think was even quicker?

Gotta be Fred hasn't it?

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

they said on sky during the villa game they reckon we have 3 of the 5 quickest players in the division. Assuming they mean Fred, Sess and Ayite?
Every day is a Fulham day

Funky Fulham Dave

Jimmy Conway of course.

"We got Jimmy, Jimmy Conway on the wing

On the wing,

We got Jimmy, Jimmy Conway on the wing

On the wing,

Jimmy, Jimmy Conway,

Jimmy Conway on the wing"

049:gif

RP24

Quote from: westcliff white on April 21, 2017, 09:30:34 AM
they said on sky during the villa game they reckon we have 3 of the 5 quickest players in the division. Assuming they mean Fred, Sess and Ayite?

Don't forget Aluko, he is pretty rapid as well.

toshes mate

Reminds that I once read that gentleman George Cohen could manage a 100 yards sprint in around 11 seconds.  Perhaps we could ask the great man to be a candidate for a FOF interview and ask him?  The most dangerous use of speed is when it is coupled with the ability to change direction with the ball at feet and under control.  Les Strong, and a few others, could do that (sometimes without falling over).   Love to see defenders being beaten for speed in matches

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on April 21, 2017, 09:30:34 AM
well it ain't Parker Mcdonald and Martin ;)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RaySmith

Fred is certainly quick, and one thing he does that I don't remember Les Barrett or Jimmy Conway, or Tosh or Johnny Key doing that much is  he cuts in behind the full-back, beating him for pace rather taking the ball to the by-line to cross, or cutting inside to shoot,like Boa.

This is very important in breaking down  teams that defend deep. And Fred  has the beating of  most defenders for pace, and must be a nightmare to play against. He's definitely become a  very important player to us.

Hard to say who  is fastest, but Fred seems to turn on the rocket boosters to accelerate past defenders in that crucial few yards that take him to the by-line, and in  behind his man ,and  give him the opportunity to pass to an incoming Fulham player - he is one of the fastest I've seen over  fifteen to twenty  yards or so..

Woolly Mammoth

Paul Peschialido was no slouch either or George Cohen and Johnny ( padlock ) Key.
It's a tight call, Les or Fred ?, hmm it's a difficult one, if I had to make a decision, I would go for Fred, by the width of a Caterpillars wallet.
Fred is rapid at burning leather.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

Malcolm Macdonald won the "superstars" 100 metre sprint in the seventies with an amazing 10.6 which is virtually elite level ! Jimmy was faster than Les (who was no slouch ), but Fred has real pace ,both over shorter and longer distances .

Southcoastffc

What amazes me about Fred is his standing start. Astonishing, and a powerful advantage.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 21, 2017, 11:01:26 AM
What amazes me about Fred is his standing start. Astonishing, and a powerful advantage.

That's what seems to give him an edge over others.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

e4b

Paul Parker was pretty quick i seem to remember.

FFCFOREVER

Didnt see Barrett play but between Fred and Boa it has to be Fred all day long.

St Eve

H4usuallysitting

I'm assuming were talking about Fred Callaghan....fastest bloke I ever saw over a yard

ffc73

With or without the ball under control?

Les with the ball & with the most composure to consistently do something positive with it at the end of the run

Fred for pure pace but he is often blown for minutes after & lack of oxygen in the blood sees some strange football from him

cmg

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on April 21, 2017, 06:42:58 PM
I'm assuming were talking about Fred Callaghan....fastest bloke I ever saw over a yard

Yes. Good one!
But it introduces an important consideration.
Fredricks' sprint speed has been astonishing from day one. He is as quick as anyone I've seen in a Fulham shirt and I'd back him over a 100 metres against anyone (except, maybe, Malcolm Macdonald). But 100m sprint speed doesn't win many football matches.

With his chunky, bandy legs and low-slung backside, Gerd Müller wouldn't have been at the races over 100m (probably wouldn't have stayed the distance!). But I never saw anyone quicker over 6 yards in the penalty area.

filham

Fred has pace, no doubt about that but the important question is do we put it to the best advantage. I think we should get the ball to him much earlier when he is in space.

Not sure who is the fastest between Boa and Fred but no doubt in my mind that Boa was the biggest threat on goal.

bobbo

Quote from: filham on April 21, 2017, 07:15:43 PM
Fred has pace, no doubt about that but the important question is do we put it to the best advantage. I think we should get the ball to him much earlier when he is in space.

Not sure who is the fastest between Boa and Fred but no doubt in my mind that Boa was the biggest threat on goal.
i'm very inclined to agree but I think it's him, he does'nt go forward soon enough, I could be wrong but it often looks so obvious from where I'm sitting. By the way I do think he's the fastest I've seen since I've been going.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

YankeeJim

Your all forgetting Shefki Kuqi. No one was quite like him.  :022:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.