watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Careful what you wish for....

Started by Citizen Smith, April 21, 2017, 07:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citizen Smith

Obviously hope not in our case, but it does provide food for thought looking at the progress (or lack of) of last year´s promoted teams to the Premier League, with 5 or 6 games to go.

2016/17(PREMIER LEAGUE)                 2015/16 (CHAMPIONSHIP)
Boro.....19th p32  GD-16   Pts 24         Boro.....2nd  GD32  Pts 89
Hull......17th p33  GD -33  Pts 30         Hull......4th   GD34  Pts 83
Burnley.14th p33  GD-14   Pts 36        Burnley..1st   GD37  Pts 93

Only Burnley can be considered to have had a half-decent season, and even they are still four points shy of the 40 point mark.

EastEndWhite

Perhaps 13 years in the Premiership?

Fulham97

Not positive viewing at all. I do think if we go up we will still need heavy investment just to finish lower mid table although hull and middlesborough haven't helped themselves, hull have a disinterested owner and Middlesborough have no goals in the team, 23 in 32 games isn't it?

RaySmith

Let's get up there first and then worry about it.  At the moment there is the little matter of the play-offs to negotiate.

filham

Quote from: RaySmith on April 21, 2017, 08:26:19 PM
Let's get up there first and then worry about it.  At the moment there is the little matter of the play-offs to negotiate.
Tomorrow is the first of the three play off matches to get to the play offs and with Shef. Wed. and Huddersfield away they look more difficult than the play offs.

fulhamben

Careful what I wish for?  My current wish is a big lottery win and a menajatrois with scarlett johansson and felicity Jones. I just don't see how I could come to regret that in anyway
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Carborundum

Two things stand out.  Burnley who basically showed faith in players that got them promoted are doing substantially better than 'Boro,  who seemed to make more changes.  But even so Burnley's fans have only enjoyed 36 points being racked up.  We have more than double that number.  Reminds me that it can be dour going in the top division.

Citizen Smith

Quote from: fulhamben on April 21, 2017, 11:05:20 PM
Careful what I wish for?  My current wish is a big lottery win and a menajatrois with scarlett johansson and felicity Jones. I just don't see how I could come to regret that in anyway
Hahaha.........nothing wrong in aiming high, eh?
I´m more concerned with a menageatrois with Brighton and Newcastle :54:

Southcoastffc

If you mean ménage à trois, do you realise that it's not just a threesome but specifically an arrangement in which a married couple and the lover of one of them live together?  The title of the thread might be very apt......
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Citizen Smith

Ahhh, thought it was just three in a bed........oh wait a minute, that´s darts isn´t it........ONE HUNDED AND EIGHTY!!!

fulhamben

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 22, 2017, 01:17:35 PM
If you mean ménage à trois, do you realise that it's not just a threesome but specifically an arrangement in which a married couple and the lover of one of them live together?  The title of the thread might be very apt......
even better.! Now which one do I marry and which one becomes my lover.

Jimpav

Surely it's better to be promoted and face relegation rather than sit in Championship purgatory for eternity.

The huge parachute payments would help out to start with.

ron

Quote from: fulhamben on April 22, 2017, 02:15:29 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 22, 2017, 01:17:35 PM
even better.! Now which one do I marry and which one becomes my lover.

Treat 'em both mean, keep 'em keen, and go for the ménage a quatre!

Beamer

We can't worry about the premiership if we aren't in it and I for one would love that worry.

grandad

The team finishing last this year get over £100 mil plus parachute payments.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Neil D

Personally I'd prefer a menage a trois but if it works for you...  Who is Felicity Jones?

fulhamben

Quote from: Neil D on April 22, 2017, 05:43:28 PM
Personally I'd prefer a menage a trois but if it works for you...  Who is Felicity Jones?
she is either my wife or lover. havent decided yet

valdeingruo

Quote from: Jimpav on April 22, 2017, 02:42:15 PM
Surely it's better to be promoted and face relegation rather than sit in Championship purgatory for eternity.

I can see in 5 years time only 8 teams only challenging for promotion and trading with the relegated teams. It is apt that we atleast get a year in the Premiership to make sure one of those teams is us. The payments will make it nigh impossible for a story like ours, Southamptons, Leicester and Brightion etc to happen again.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Citizen Smith on April 21, 2017, 07:59:43 PM
Obviously hope not in our case, but it does provide food for thought looking at the progress (or lack of) of last year´s promoted teams to the Premier League, with 5 or 6 games to go.

2016/17(PREMIER LEAGUE)                 2015/16 (CHAMPIONSHIP)
Boro.....19th p32  GD-16   Pts 24         Boro.....2nd  GD32  Pts 89
Hull......17th p33  GD -33  Pts 30         Hull......4th   GD34  Pts 83
Burnley.14th p33  GD-14   Pts 36        Burnley..1st   GD37  Pts 93

Only Burnley can be considered to have had a half-decent season, and even they are still four points shy of the 40 point mark.

The last team Slavisa took up seems to have done pretty well. Believe they will be starting their 4th consecutive season in the Premier League in 2017/18.

Apples and Oranges to me comparing year to year chances. I look at the current Premier League and think there are at least 6 teams Fulham could finish above today if they were in the league given the right luck. That is before any new investment in the squad.

Doesn't mean they will, but I think the chances are better than some think.

Burnley, CP, Sunderland, Hull, Boro, and Bournemouth.

Barrett487

Quote from: Jimpav on April 22, 2017, 02:42:15 PM

This

Worse case scenario as far as i can see if we get promotion.

Just imagine who we might attract though. Maybe a couple of A Grade strikers, and even some quality central defenders.

More sobering is that we could lose our stars, whether we go up, or not.