Started by WhiteJC, April 22, 2017, 08:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Results

Friday
Norwich
2 - 0 Brighton

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner wants to make Saturday's game 'uncomfortable' for Fulham
Fulham beat Huddersfield 5-0 in the reverse fixture in October and Wagner believes that Slavisa Jokanovic's side are the strongest offensive team in the league

Huddersfield Town boss David Wagner believes his side must make Saturday's game "very uncomfortable" for Fulham if they want to get anything out of the game.

The Terriers boss knows what Slavisa Jokanovic's side can do having been on the receiving end of a 5-0 thumping at Craven Cottage in October, but he wants his side to use the home crowd as their "match point."

Fulham go into the game having taken six points from the Easter fixtures , something that has seen them rise into the play-off places and close the gap on Huddersfield to just five points.

Wagner is aware of the threat Fulham's attack poses, but insists his players do not need any extra motivation despite that 5-0 defeat back in October.

He said: "Fulham is a tough opponent - I am not the biggest stats freak, but even I am aware they have the most goals and create the most chances.

"They are the strongest offensive team in the division. They have speed, have good ball possession and are strong on the counter. But they also have areas where I feel we can help them.

"We are looking to use our match point at home. To do that, we have to make it very uncomfortable for Fulham. They must not be allowed to have an enjoyable game.

"I don't think the players need any extra motivation. The motivation is that we can make the final step to secure a play-off spot.

"Of course, we are aware what happened in the first game and we would like to correct that. But, for us, the situation is about winning this game to achieve something.

"We do have the chance to correct the first game against Fulham. But we will have to bring our best game and I am totally sure the supporters will be behind us to create a match-point atmosphere."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/huddersfield-town-boss-david-wagner-12923265

WhiteJC

U18s Host Norwich City

The Under-18s take on Norwich City this Saturday with the return of the league after a couple of weeks without a fixture.     

The Whites sit third in their group of eight, having played four of the seven matches in Merit Group B. Mark Pembridge's side are still unbeaten in this group with three draws and a win.

A 2-2 draw to Derby County last time out made it an impressive ten matches unbeaten run for Fulham, but with four draws in five the Whites will be looking to capitalise and take all three points against the Canaries.

Isaac Pearce grabbed himself a brace in that match, giving the Whites a late lead before the Rams levelled just before the full time whistle.

Norwich sit second in the table, one point and place above Fulham. This match has extra significance as a win will ensure they leapfrog Norwich City in the table.

This will be the third time this season these Fulham have faced Norwich, having met home and away in the Premier League South.

The first encounter between these two this season was back in September and the Whites dominated in a 4-0 win at Norwich's Colney Training Centre, with four different scorers.

However, the last time they faced, the Whites could only manage a draw at Motspur Park, and Norwich denied Fulham a place in Merit Group A. It was a strange match with Fulham going two goals ahead, scored two own goals and the game finished 2-2.

With three games left Fulham are looking to take all nine points to have a chance of finishing top of the table, and to have the huge accomplishment of remaining unbeaten.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/april/21/u18s-host-norwich-city

WhiteJC

Great news for Huddersfield Town ahead of vital clash with Fulham

According to West Yorkshire Sport, Huddersfield Town are set to welcome back Izzy Brown from injury for this weekend's clash with Fulham in the Sky Bet Championship.

Brown has been struggling with a leg injury and has not featured for David Wagner's side since the defeat to Bristol City last month.

The 20-year old forward has been impressive since his arrival from Chelsea during the January transfer window, scoring four goals in just 15 appearances.

The return of Brown is a timely boost for Huddersfield, who have picked up just one victory in their last three Championship fixtures.

Wagner's side have just four fixtures remaining this season, and will be looking to keep up the pressure on second-placed Newcastle United, who are seven-points ahead of the Terriers.

Whilst Wagner's side are unlikely to break into the automatic promotion places, they look certain for a Play-Off finish in May, currently holding a five-point lead over seventh-placed Leeds United.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/great-news-for-huddersfield-town-ahead-of-vital-clash-with-fulham/

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town v Fulham
SAT, 22 Apr 2017Championship
Venue: John Smith's Stadium

Izzy Brown has scored four goals in 15 appearances for Huddersfield

BBC coverage
How to follow:
    Final Score; BBC Radio 5 live, BBC local radio; live text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Huddersfield Town forward Izzy Brown (knee) could feature after missing the past four matches.

However, fellow Chelsea loanee Kasey Palmer (hamstring) has been ruled out for the season.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has no new injury or suspension concerns to contend with.

On-loan Derby striker Chris Martin remains unavailable as he is still serving a three-match ban following his sending off at Norwich.

Huddersfield, currently fourth in the table, will secure a play-off place if they beat sixth-placed Fulham, or if they draw and Sheffield Wednesday lose at home to Derby.

Match facts
    Huddersfield's last league victory over Fulham came back in September 1993, in the third tier, failing to win any of the last 10.
    Fulham are unbeaten in their last four league trips to Huddersfield, winning two and drawing two.
    On-loan Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy has registered six Championship assists this season for Huddersfield - all coming from corners; only Leeds' Pablo Hernandez can match that tally from corners in 2016-17.
    Conversely, no Championship player has more assists from open play than Fulham's Sone Aluko (10 - level with Tommy Smith).
    This match pits the two sides who've had more possession than their opponents in the most Championship games this season, with Fulham doing so in 41 games and Huddersfield in 36.
    Half (6) of Huddersfield's 12 league defeats this season have come against sides currently occupying the top six, most recently a 1-3 defeat to Newcastle in March.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39605558

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic hails Liverpool target Ryan Sessegnon as one of the most talented youngsters in the country
The 16-year-old was named in the PFA Championship Team of the Year along with Tom Cairney and the Fulham boss has been full of praise for the pair

Slavisa Jokanovic has hailed Ryan Sessegnon as one of the most talented youngsters in the country after his inclusion in the PFA Championship Team of the Season.

The 16-year-old, who has scored seven goals for Fulham in his debut season, was named by his peers alongside Tom Cairney in the side, both of whom have had remarkable seasons.

Cairney has ten goals and ten assists to his name, becoming the first player in the Championship to reach double figures on both fronts and is the metronome in the Fulham side, while Sessegnon continues to get better and better and shows frightening ability for such a young age.

Sessegnon's season and ability has seen him linked with a host of clubs including Liverpool and Tottenham, but as reported here GetWestLondon understands he will sign a professional deal at Craven Cottage when he turns 17 in May.

Celebrations: Ryan Sessegnon celebrates his goal against Aston Villa (Photo: Paul Burgman/Press-Photos.com)

And Jokanovic believes the pair must be satisfied with the performances they have put in this season, saying: "They must be satisfied with this part of the season what is behind them.

"Tom Cairney showed class and showed a high level style that he is one of the more attractive players in the competition and he has done a fantastic job for the team too.

"Ryan Sessegnon, we are talking about him and he is one of the most talented young players in the country and he impressed many, many people in the games he played this season.

"Tom Cairney showed class and showed a high level style that he is one of the more attractive players in the competition and he has done a fantastic job for the team too.

"Ryan Sessegnon, we are talking about him and he is one of the most talented young players in the country and he impressed many, many people in the games he played this season.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/slavisa-jokanovic-hails-liverpool-target-12923699

WhiteJC

Loan star vowed to prove he can have a future with Wolves
Stearman is determined to make the most of his return to the Wolves first team

Richard Stearman of Wolverhampton Wanderers (Photo: Sam Bagnall/AMA)

Richard Stearman is determined to make the most of his return to the Wolves first team and has vowed to prove he can have a future with the club.

The defender was recalled for his first action in almost two months at Leeds on Monday and rose to the task alongside Mike Williamson as Wolves withstood a second-half barrage to emerge with a 1-0 win, which secured their Championship status.

It was Stearman's 17th appearance of his season-long loan from Fulham, which saw him return to the club 12 months after having left following seven years at Molineux.

The experienced 29-year-old has had to be patient in waiting for his opportunity but, given the recent run of five successive victories, admitted he could have no complaints.

"The boys have been doing very well and I haven't been able to get in the side," he said. "I knew I had to train hard, keep myself right and prepare properly and hope I might get another chance before the season was out.

"That happened against Leeds and I was delighted to get back in.

"I think everyone knows that regardless of whether I am starting, on the bench, or in the stand, I will always give my all for the badge and for this club.

"It gave me an opportunity at Leeds to stick the shirt on again, which was a great feeling and thankfully we won."

Stearman's two spells at Wolves have seen him make 251 appearances in all competitions, putting him at 43rd in the overall appearance list.

He appears keen to try to challenge the 300 mark reached by Dave Edwards at Leeds on Monday, and knows he must impress over the final weeks to earn that chance with his loan from Fulham running out at the end of the season.

"Reaching 300 appearances for Wolves is an incredible achievement and you have to take your hat off to Eddo and congratulate him," said Stearman. "He might not be the most popular player from the stands but to make 300 appearances is fantastic. Inside the dressing room we value his input so much, it is vital.

"Every manager who has been here has constantly played him and that is credit to the work he does, both on and off the ball.

"For me to get near that would be great and I am playing now to try to extend my stay at Wolves.

"It has almost become like a trial period for me now. I have got to prove myself every day in training and if I get a chance, make sure I take it and show I deserve a place at this club.''

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/richard-stearman-wolves-future-club-12925633

WhiteJC

Revealed: The strikers Fulham fans want to see gracing Craven Cottage next season
The summer transfer window is fast approaching and we've asked what strikers Fulham fans want to see at the club next season - here's who the popular choices were

Fulham are chasing the play-offs and the season is far from over, but behind the scenes there is work being done to ensure the best possible signings are recruited ahead of next season.

Before we know it, the Transfer Window will be upon us and everyone will be talking about who the next signing will be at Craven Cottage, and it's fair to say most will probably be looking for a striker or a defender to come in.

Some feel a major striker should've been signed in the January Transfer Window, but support for Chris Martin came in the shape of Gohi Cyriac who was signed on loan until the end of the season from Belgian side KV Oostende.

So, we thought we'd ask you exactly who you'd want the Cottagers to sign in the summer and you've come with a whole range of answers, from the reasonable to the downright absurd (the person who said Messi, I'm talking about you here).

In no particular order, here's who you said and the likeliness of a deal actually happening.

Kenneth Zohore

(Photo: Stu Forster/Getty Images)

The 23-year-old Cardiff City man was one of the first names to be mentioned and on paper you can see why.

He's a big, powerful centre forward who has scored 11 goals this season for a struggling Cardiff side, as well as bagging another two in his previous season despite only being there since January, including one against Brentford (we can like him just for that fact, can't we?).

Fulham lack a presence in the six yard box and you get the feeling Zohore could really do a job for Fulham up top, especially with quality service to feed off from Scott Malone and Ryan Fredericks.

This one wouldn't be a bad signing at all.

Likeliness rating: Could definitely happen, would fit the mould and will find himself in demand come the summer, he wouldn't cost Fulham a ton either.

Benik Afobe

(Photo: Bryn Lennon/Getty Images)

It's clear why anyone would want to sign the AFC Bournemouth striker - he scored 22 goals in 43 appearance for Wolves in the Championship before being snapped up by the Cherries, where he's bagged a further nine in the Premier League.

A player of his stature would be an ideal signing for any club looking to move from the second tier into the top, but that is exactly why Bournemouth signed him for £10million and I can't see them parting with him any time soon.

There's no doubt he would score goals for Fulham though, and it's clear why fans would want him at Craven Cottage.

Likeliness rating: I can't see Afobe leaving the south coast in all honesty, so I don't think this will be happening.

Jermain Defoe

Jermain Defoe of Sunderland (Photo: Nigel Roddis/Getty Images)

His name was bound to come up.

The 34-year-old is still scoring goals in the Premier League for Sunderland, while he bagged on his return to the international fold with England against Lithuania in the last international break, proving that despite his age class is permanent.

He's having a fantastic season, scoring 15 goals for a desperately poort Sunderland side that look doomed to go down this season .

There's no doubting he'd do a job for Fulham, or indeed anyone in the top end or lower bottom of the Championship, but the Cottagers would only get him if they went up and if they managed to persuade him Craven Cottage was a better destination that his other long line of suitors.

Likeliness rating: I'm on the fence with this one - if Fulham got promoted it would be doable but I don't think he really fits the mould of the recruitment department at Motspur Park.

Tammy Abraham

Chelsea's Tammy Abraham (Photo: Nathan Stirk/Getty Images)

The 19-year-old was the most popular choice from the fans we asked, for obvious reasons.

The Chelsea loanee has scored 25 times this season for Bristol City in all competitions, including eleven in eleven games in what has been his debut senior season.

An injury has kept that goal tally down somewhat but it's unbelievable to think he has netted so many times in his first season in the Championship and now he has a long line of clubs interested in his signature.

Abraham would be a fantastic signing for Fulham but can they compete with the likes of Everton and Leicester, who are reportedly after his signature, or would they be better off looking elsewhere for the next Abraham?

A popular choice and for clear reasons - Abrahams would do great in the white of Fulham

Likeliness rating: This one isn't very likely I'm afraid, Chelsea have already rejected a £10m bid for him from an unnamed Premier League club and I can't see him picking Fulham over Everton or Leicester.

Callum Wilson

AFC Bournemouth's Callum Wilson (Photo: Warren Little/Getty Images)

Another mid-table Premier League striker who would be a great signing for Fulham, but unfortunately has suffered with serious injuries since signing for the Cherries.

He was fantastic at Coventry and proved he had an eye for goal in his season in the Championship with Bournemouth, but his season has been ended this year as a result of a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee - his second in the space of 16 months.

Likeliness rating: Not going to happen this summer.

Steve Mounie

Steve Mounie of Montpellier (Photo: Pascal Pochard-Casabianca/AFP/GettyImages)

This is an interesting one.

The 22-year-old Beninese international plays for Montpellier in France and would fit Fulham's recruitment mould should the club be interested in the striker.

He came through Montpellier's youth ranks and signed a new contract with them in June 2016 for three years until 2019.

He's scored 14 goals this season in 32 appearances and played a key role in the side's 3-0 defeat over PSG back in December.

The Cottagers were linked with him in the summer, but the Premier League are now aware of his attacking prowess with West Brom and Middlesbrough both reportedly interested in him.

Likeliness rating: Looked more likely last summer than this, but there is still a chance should Fulham get promoted to the Premier League that they may go knocking again.

Chris Wood

Leeds United's Chris Wood (Photo: Michael Steele/GettyImages)

The Championship's top scorer this season would be a coveted signing by anyone of the 23 other sides in the second tie, not to mention a few of the teams in the lower reaches of the Premier League.

The New Zealand international has scored 25 goals this season in the Championship, three more than Brighton's Glenn Murray, scoring on average a goal every 145 minutes.

It's easy to see why Fulham fans would want him at the club.

But with Leeds chasing the play-offs and Premier League football, were they to get that and Fulham were not any chances of getting him would be dead in the water.

Not to mention the price tag Leeds would slap on him in the first place.

Likeliness rating: Can't see this one ever happening.

Matej Vydra

Matej Vydra of Derby (Photo: Nathan Stirk/ Getty Images)

Matej Vydra and Slavisa Jokanovic have history, with the Czech Republic international having played under him at Vicarage Road.

However, he only signed for Derby in August 2016 and cost them a hefty fee - £8million reportedly.

The 24-year-old has only scored five goals for the Rams in this campaign and I can't see Gary Rowett letting go of the forward just yet, he'll definitely want him to get a full season under his stewardship.

Although this would be a good signing, I don't think this will happen.

Likeliness rating: No chance.

Britt Assombalonga

Nottingham Forest's Britt Assombalonga (Photo: Nathan Stirk/ Getty Images)

Everyone knows what a dangerous player Britt Assombalonga is but injuries have limited him to only 30 appearances this season, but he has still managed to score ten goals in all competitions.

On his day, he's probably one of the most lethal strikers outside the Premier League but he has a big summer ahead of him to improve his fitness in order for him to get back to his best.

It would be a gamble for Fulham if they were to make a move for the DR Congo international, but with the right work and under the guidance of Jokanovic he could turn out to be a very good striker.

Likeliness rating: With Nottingham Forest in trouble this season, a move away to Fulham could be tempting but it would cost the Cottagers a fair amount of money to prise him away.

Sergi Enrich

Sergi Enrich of SD Eibar (Photo: Juan Manuel Serrano Acre/ Getty Images)

Eibar's 27-year-old striker has previous with Fulham, with the club tempting the Spanish side's resolve to hold onto their striker with a bid in the summer transfer window back in August and were interested again in January.

Neither move came off, but Fulham still have some interest in the Spaniard who has scored eleven goals in Spain this season, including a goal against Atletico Madrid in the second leg of their 5-2 aggregate defeat to Diego Simeone's side.

West Ham are reportedly interested in Enrich now too, but a promotion to the Premier League and a chance to work under Jokanovic could be the temptation needed to lure him to Craven Cottage.

Likeliness rating: Keep an eye on this one.

Diego Rolan

Diego Rolan of Bordeaux (Photo: Pascal Pavani/AFP/Getty Images)

Rolan is a 24-year-old Uruguayan striker who currently plies his trade at Bordeaux.

He was linked with a whole host of clubs back in the summer transfer window, with Aston Villa, Everton and Manchester United all thought to be interested in adding him to their ranks.

Everton reportedly made a £15m bid for him in July, but were told by the French club that they must pay £3m more for his services so the move fell through.

He's bagged himself nine goals in 27 appearances this year and I'm sure clubs will be sniffing round Rolan again in the summer.

Likeliness rating: There's possibility here, but only if Bordeaux lower their asking price of £18m.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/revealed-strikers-fulham-fans-want-12925111

WhiteJC

Brentford Tickets

Our final home league game of the regular 2016/17 campaign sees the visit of local rivals Brentford on Saturday 29th April, 3pm, and as the Whites continue to push for a top-six finish, your support for the team remains as vital as ever!

Be part of all the action at Craven Cottage with match tickets on sale and priced at £25 adults and £15 juniors.

What's more, fans can join us in Bishop's Park ahead of kick-off and enjoy our Fun Day activities.

An event for all the family, our fun day begins from 11:45am and includes free inflatable activities, a chance to meet Billy the Badger, face painting, our talented balloon modeller, competitions led by the Fulham FC Foundation and much more! Look out for more information on our Fun Day on fulhamfc.com from Monday!

Tickets can be purchased online, by phone on 0843 208 1234 or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

With it all to play for, join us at Craven Cottage!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/april/21/brentford-tickets

WhiteJC

Huddersfield vs Fulham Preview: Three questions with Sean Makin
Sean Makin is a scout, writer, and Huddersfield fan. He stops by to give us his thoughts on the game.

Cottagers Confidential: Huddersfield Town are almost assured of making the playoffs. Given that Reading might be the worst team in the playoffs, Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday might be the best, seeding probably doesn't matter that much. So what are your goals for the final few games?

Sean Makin: Automatic promotion is looking very, very slim now and whilst I still cling on to that hope that the dream might come true, I think now the realistic measure is to finish either 3rd or 4th to give us the advantage of being at home for the 2nd leg of the play-off semi-final. If we lose to Fulham at the weekend and results go against us it really could be "squeaky bum time". There are no easy games in the Championship and the play-offs won't be either when you look at the team currently occupying the places. The main thing is to cement a play-off place and get some momentum going by winning our four remaining matches.

CC: You've been hanging around 3rd place for a long time. By traditional goal differential you are way outperforming what you should be. The advanced stats like you better (especially your defense), saying your expected GD should be about 11. Still that is well behind the top four teams by the advanced metrics (Brighton, Newcastle, Wednesday, and Fulham). What has been the secret to over performing your GD and advanced metrics? Or is it just one of those things that has happened?

SM: I think the credit goes to David Wagner getting the players as fit as possible and installing a never-say-die attitude into his players. Town have scored 13 goals this season between 76-90 minutes, nine of those turned out to be winners in games and we have accumulated 29 points in the league this season with goals in that timeframe. We don't score a lot (we've won 21 games by a one goal margin) but we just have a knack of finding a goal at crucial times.

CC: With only a few games left the last two playoff spots are still a crapshoot. Who do you expect to join yourselves and Reading FC in the playoffs? Who do you expect to win promotion through them?

SM: That's a tough call. I think Sheffield Wednesday will grind out the results to get them in the mix and I think the last place will be between Fulham and Leeds United. Leeds are outside the play-offs and aren't in the best form at the time of writing but with Chris Wood banging in the goals anything can happen but I think Fulham have that just a bit more quality to sneak it even though 2 of their last 3 games are against play-off rivals.

CC: Predicted lineup and score?

SM: Fulham spanked us 5-0 at their place earlier in the season. Could be a goal fest. 2-2 draw I'm going for.

Even though we potentially have Izzy Brown back from injury I don't think Wagner will throw him into the starting XI. Potential lineup: Ward, Smith, Hefele, Schindler, Löwe, Hogg, Mooy, Van La Parra, Payne, Kachunga, Wells.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/4/21/15383480/huddersfield-vs-fulham-preview-three-questions-english-championship

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic backs Fulham to make giant stride towards play-offs at Huddersfield

Slavisa Jokanovic is confident in-form Fulham can take another big step towards the Championship play-offs by winning at Huddersfield tomorrow.

Fulham have won three straight games and sit sixth in the table with just three matches remaining.

Huddersfield are still chasing automatic promotion to the Premier League and Jokanovic said: "We are fully confident in this moment and we believe we can win all the games. And with this mentality everything is easier for us.

"We understand we are playing against a team who have been a sensation in this League. This team have played very well, it is a very aggressive team, and I do not expect anything to be easy in this game.

"But we need to be optimistic and show ambition."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/slavisa-jokanovic-backs-fulham-to-make-giant-stride-towards-playoffs-at-huddersfield-a3520611.html

WhiteJC

Fulham are the Championship's entertainers... but will it be enough for them to return to the Premier League?

Fulham have scored 78 goals in the Championship - more than any other side
    Fulham broke into the top six with their third win in a row on Monday
    Slavisa Jokanovic believes his side can improve even more in the coming weeks

Brighton are set to go up to the Premier League as Champions with Rafa Benitez's Newcastle looking a safe bet to join them in the top tier.

But who will be the third team to make it through the lottery of the play-offs? Reading and Huddersfield have been in the top six for much of the season and look certain to be there after May 7.

As it stands the other two spots are filled by Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham – who replaced Leeds on Monday.

Fulham climbed into the top six of the Championship following a 3-1 win over Aston Villa

And the team from west London are certainly the form team at the moment and appear to be hitting a good run at just the right time.

Having sold last season's two top scorers, Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele, in the summer many feared Fulham would struggle this term.

But despite selling two players who produced 36 league goals last season, Fulham have done the opposite of struggle in front of goal and are in fact the league's top scorers with 78 goals – two more than Newcastle.

A quick glance at the top scorers in the division and Leeds striker Chris Wood is at the top of the pile with 25 goals, Brighton's Glenn Murray and Bristol City's Tammy Abraham are next with 22 and the list goes on to players who have scored 11 goals, but no Fulham players appear on it.

Fulham's top scorers in the League this season are Chris Martin and midfielder Tom Cairney who both have 10 goals – Cairney also has 10 assists. Below that Fulham have nine players who have scored four goals or more.

Sone Aluko, Stefan Johansen, Floyd Ayite, Lucas Piazon, Neeskens Kebano have all chipped in with important goals this season. 

Another goalscorer is 16-year-old left back Ryan Sessegnon who has scored five league goals this season – and has been a revelation in his first season in the first team.

Neeskens Kebano celebrates scoring the third goal for Fulham against Aston Villa

FULHAM - THE ENTERTAINERS
Amount Rank
Shots per game 15.5 1st
Open play goals 59 1st
Average possession 62.60% 1st
Passes per game 574 1st
Passing accuracy 83.40% 1st

Joint top scorer Martin saw red against Norwich on Good Friday and is in the middle of his three game suspension. But the benefit of Fulham spreading the goals around is that they are not too reliant on Martin in front of goal, like they were with McCormack and Dembele last season.

Since seeing red before half time at Carrow Road, Fulham have scored five goals in one and a half games and five different players have scored. 

In fact Fulham are the most entertaining sides in the second tier with the most shots per game, the most open play goals, more possession and passes per game than any other team and the best passing accuracy in the division.

16-year-old left back Ryan Sessegnon celebrates scoring his fifth league goal of the season

With all that going for Fulham it is easy to see why many are fancying Slavisa Jokanovic's side to make it back to the Premier League.

Alan Curbishley says that now Fulham are in the top six, they are there to stay.

He told Football on 5: 'They've all been fearing Fulham, I think Fulham in seventh spot, picking up these results and now Fulham have jumped in there.

'You don't see them dropping out now and someone will have to come out now.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic believes his side can get better still in the remaining games

'They seem to be the only team playing without fear and I think Leeds have been gripped by a little bit of fear recently, same as Newcastle, and one or two others in there and it's going to go right to the wire.'

Despite the plaudits, Jokanovic believes his side still have more to offer in their final three games of the season against Huddersfield, Brentford and Sheffield Wednesday.

He said: 'I believe space exists in front of us to be more competitive and more aggressive and to play better football.

'We need to be optimistic and push ourselves and show ambition, working all day and when we have chance to compete we need to want it more and more.

Tom Cairney has been one of Fulham's most influential players with 10 goals and 10 assists

'One day when we are completely satisfied, this day we will be very dangerous for all of us and we try to be better all the minutes and seconds in the moment.

'In this moment, where we are right now, with three games before the end of the regular part of the Championship, I still believe we can be better and can be more competitive and more solid and faster, more clinical, interpret better the situation and what is happening around us.'

With their manager believing their is more to come and the experts saying they are the feared team, will The Championship's entertainers Fulham return to the Premier League after three years away? Time will tell but they are certainly looking like the real deal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4432918/Fulham-hitting-form-right-time-promotion.html#ixzz4exjLqouy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Game Of The Week: Huddersfield v Fulham

Two games worth following this weekend: the first is between two rivals for playoff berths, the second features a team staring relegation in the face against a club who has one final – but slim – chance of winning automatic promotion but could guarantee home advantage in the playoffs with a victory.

Huddersfield v Fulham
With only two wins in their last six, it looks as if the wheels have come off the Terriers' campaign to reach the Premier League, but they've only lost four home games this season. Half of those defeats have been against other teams in the mix for promotion, so this is a really good test for both teams.

Despite have the toughest run in, Fulham have been impressive recently with four wins in their last six. They've also got a good record against the teams above them, having only lost three of their eight contests against those sides.

Bonus fact: Huddersfield haven't beaten Fulham in a home league game since September 1993 and have lost two of the last four meetings in Yorkshire.

Nottingham Forest v Reading
Two wins since the start of March – or to put it another way, one win since Mark Warburton took over – confirms my suspicions that the problems at the City Ground were inherent before he took over. Fortunately for Forest, this is a home game and they've not been too bad against the promotion contenders – something that Reading should remember considering their brittle away defensive record. Only Norwich and Rotherham have conceded more goals on their travels this season and Jaap Stam's side have only kept two clean sheets in away games since the start of the year.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are a few goals in this game – five of the last six meetings between the clubs at the City Ground have seen three or more goals but Reading have only won three of their last ten visits. This one os going to come down to desire: Forest's to stay in the Championship and Reading's to escape it.

That's all for this week, if anything dramatic happens I'll update this post tomorrow evening.

http://www.buzzinchampionshipfootball.co.uk/game-of-the-week-huddersfield-v-fulham/3999

WhiteJC

Where Fulham Slipped Up
The battle for sixth will be decided by the slimmest of margins in the coming weeks. Here's a look at how Fulham have let crucial points slip up over the past 43 matches.

Fulham's penalty woes summed up in this Chris Martin miss Photo by Justin Setterfield/Getty Images

Fulham's late push for the playoffs has been heating up in recent weeks, and the Whites find themselves in the hallowed playoff spots with just three matches to go. Three season-defining matches await, and with fixtures against Huddersfield, Brentford, and Sheffield Wednesday, the Cottagers will need all the points they can get.

Ahead of the Huddersfield match, here's an in-depth look into the abysmal penalties, refereeing mistakes, and late goals that have cost Fulham crucial points this season.

Missed penalties:
Fulham 1-2 QPR, October 1st 2016

The Cottagers fell in crushing fashion in this West London Derby, missing two crucial penalties en route to a 2-1 home defeat. Tom Cairney missed the Whites' first penalty with the match scoreless, and Sone Aluko smacked his effort off the post in the 91st minute with Rangers leading 2-1. If the Whites had managed to convert both penalties, the match would have been won.

-3 points

Fulham 1-2 Brighton, January 1st 2017

In a gutsy New Year's Day performance against the league leaders, Fulham deserved a point yet were once again robbed by a missed penalty. This time it was Stefan Johansen's turn to miss a spot-kick, as the Norwegian saw his shot saved by former Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale in the opening quarter-hour. Although Fulham did go ahead through Lucas Piazon, Brighton scored two late goals to grab a 2-1 win.

-1 point

QPR 1-1 Fulham, January 21st 2017

Fulham had miraculously converted a penalty in the previous week's 2-0 victory over Barnsley, and just six minutes in they had a chance to put their woes behind them at Loftus Road. Sone Aluko bamboozled the QPR defence and was felled in the box, and up stepped Chris Martin, penalty hero of just seven days earlier. Yet Martin failed to beat Smithies with a weak shot, and Fulham could only muster a draw in the derby.

-2 points

Reading 1-0 Fulham, January 24th 2017

Just three days later, Fulham's penalty hoodoo struck yet again in soul-crushing fashion. Fulham were 1-0 down away to Reading, yet were awarded a stoppage time penalty at the death. It was a lifeline to the Whites, which Chris Martin promptly blasted straight at Ali Al-Habsi. Another missed penalty, another damaging defeat that was easily avoidable.

-1 point

Conceding late goals:
Leeds 1-1 Fulham, August 16th 2016

Fulham dominated Leeds in an early-season encounter away at Elland Road, and deservedly went up 1-0 in the 77th minute. Tom Cairney curled in a wonder strike that looked set to be the winner, but Leeds equalized in the 93rd minute to deny Fulham all three points.

-2 points

Disgraceful refereeing decisions
Fulham 1-1 Leeds, March 7th 2017

Fulham were robbed of a clear cut goal scored by Neeskens Kebano due to a lack of goal-line technology employed by the Championship. Kebano struck a lovely rip off the bottom of the crossbar, and the ball clearly bounced well past the goal-line before bouncing out. Video replays showed the shot should have been awarded a goal, but the referees decided to inexplicably give nothing to Fulham. It was a horrendous decision that could cost the Whites dearly against their fellow rivals for sixth place.

-2 points

In conclusion, Fulham have dropped a total of 11 points this season from entirely avoidable situations. Missed penalties alone have seven points; if the Whites had converted all of those spot-kicks, the playoff spots would have been all but assured by now.

Fulham now have to hope they can hang on to sixth position and get a chance to perform in the playoffs come late May. And if they make it to Wembley and the score is tied after extra time... may the footballing gods help us.

COYW!

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/4/21/15364874/where-fulham-slipped-up

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town v Fulham: Buoyant Collin Quaner so happy with life at the top

COLLIN QUANER is about to take a step into the unknown.

Huddersfield Town can today book their place in the play-offs with a victory over Fulham.

It would be a remarkable achievement for a club whose resources and playing budget are dwarfed by the vast majority of their Championship peers, not least because David Wagner's men will still have three games to play after the encounter with the Londoners. Providing Town can deliver an ace in what their German head coach has described as "a match-point game", Quaner and his team-mates will be a step closer to realising their Premier League dream. For the 25-year-old striker, chasing promotion is already a new experience. But taking part in the play-offs would be something else for someone whose career has largely been spent fighting against relegation from Bundesliga 2 in his native Germany. "The game against Fulham is very important," Quaner, fresh from netting twice in the Terriers' Easter double-header, told The Yorkshire Post. "We are focused on the game and willing to do everything to secure our play-off place.

It would be a remarkable achievement for a club whose resources and playing budget are dwarfed by the vast majority of their Championship peers, not least because David Wagner's men will still have three games to play after the encounter with the Londoners. Providing Town can deliver an ace in what their German head coach has described as "a match-point game", Quaner and his team-mates will be a step closer to realising their Premier League dream. For the 25-year-old striker, chasing promotion is already a new experience. But taking part in the play-offs would be something else for someone whose career has largely been spent fighting against relegation from Bundesliga 2 in his native Germany. "The game against Fulham is very important," Quaner, fresh from netting twice in the Terriers' Easter double-header, told The Yorkshire Post. "We are focused on the game and willing to do everything to secure our play-off place.

"I have not been involved in a promotion race before. I was usually fighting against relegation so this has been new. I am really enjoying it. "I have also never watched the play-offs, in Germany the games were, unfortunately, not shown on TV. The Premier League is shown but not a lot else. Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/huddersfield-town/huddersfield-town-v-fulham-buoyant-collin-quaner-so-happy-with-life-at-the-top-1-8506098

"That meant I didn't have the opportunity to watch the games. But I have heard a lot about the play-offs before I joined and know this is very big so it is exciting that we can qualify this weekend." Quaner joined Town's push for the Premier League in January from Union Berlin. A fee of around £500,000 was paid to secure the capture of the 6ft 3in striker as Wagner looked to provide competition for Nahki Wells in the lone frontman role.

A debut goal in the FA Cup fourth-round win over Rochdale followed but it was not until the Easter games with Preston North End and Derby County that the striker again got on the scoresheet. His strike against North End in Town's last home game was particularly dramatic, the German swooping on the rebound to clinch a 3-2 win after Aaron Mooy's '96th-minute' penalty had been saved.

A debut goal in the FA Cup fourth-round win over Rochdale followed but it was not until the Easter games with Preston North End and Derby County that the striker again got on the scoresheet. His strike against North End in Town's last home game was particularly dramatic, the German swooping on the rebound to clinch a 3-2 win after Aaron Mooy's '96th-minute' penalty had been saved. It was enough to seal not only three points but also a Football League record for victories by a single goal margin in one season, eclipsing the previous best of 20 that was shared by Walsall (1998-99), Derby (2006-07) and Northampton Town (2015-16). More importantly, Quaner's late, late strike kept Huddersfield firmly on track for a tilt at promotion in next month's play-offs. For the striker, this is a welcome change of fortune after all those years battling against the drop in Germany. Twice, Quaner went down – with Arminia Bielefeld in 2011 and then again at VfR Aalen four years later. The second of those relegations brought the move to Union Berlin, where his eight goals and five assists in 16 appearances during the first half of this season were enough to persuade Wagner to once again raid the German market. "Settling in England has not been difficult for me," said the Dusseldorf-born striker whose family originate from Ghana. "I like to experience different cultures and countries. I was excited about coming to Huddersfield from the first moment and was open to whatever I found.

"I have enjoyed the move. I settled in very quickly. The team made it easy for me, every single player was a big help. I am happy. "I hang out a lot with Elias Kachunga and Michael Hefele, they are the ones I have most contact with. I knew Kachunga already from Germany and he helped me a lot when I first arrived. I am thankful for that. "Like me, he likes to have fun and a joke. But, as soon as we are on the pitch, he is deadly serious." Quaner's recent double means he has three goals from eight starts and six appearances from the bench. It is a steady, if unspectacular, return but Wagner has been delighted with his January recruit. "He has done fantastic," said the Town chief. "Collin is a perfect team player for how we play football. We wanted competition for the No '9' and he brings us that. "He scored in the Cup (against Rochdale) and made an assist. He played very well against Leeds at home but, unfortunately, missed a couple of chances. "After that, he always worked unbelievably hard for the team in what is one of the most important positions for me as an offensive player. "He did not have opportunities in those other games but now we have seen how important confidence is for a striker – and how goals can change things. "His last goal against Preston gave Collin an unbelievable lift. It led to one of his best performances at Derby, he was totally calm for the goal. "We made a good decision when he came in during the winter." Quaner is equally happy with his decision to join Wagner's Huddersfield. "I love the atmosphere and like playing at our stadium. The fans are absolutely great, always supporting us and they help us a lot. "I also like the Championship. At the beginning, I had to get used to this. I played physical in Germany, liked to run and use my body. That was useful here. "The English game suits me and that helped me settle in. I am feeling good after the two goals over Easter. They were good games for me. Goals always give you confidence but I also get satisfaction from helping the team – and if the coach is happy, I am happy."

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/huddersfield-town/huddersfield-town-v-fulham-buoyant-collin-quaner-so-happy-with-life-at-the-top-1-8506098

WhiteJC

GIVE US AN H IS AVAILABLE AHEAD OF FULHAM MATCH

Special interview feature with Jon Stanković
- GUAH on sale against Fulham
- Available around the ground for £3   
- Special interview feature with Jon Stanković

Huddersfield Town's official match day magazine, Give Us An H, is on sale ahead of Town's Sky Bet Championship clash against Fulham.

GUAH will be available prior to the Terriers' match against Fulham at 3pm on Saturday 22 April from around the John Smith's Stadium and at the Fanzone held at the Club's PPG Canalside Training Ground (starts at 11.30am).

The programme, printed by Ignition, will contain 84 pages of exclusive features and Club news for Town fans to enjoy for just £3.

This weekend's main interview feature is with defender Jon Stanković (below). The 21 year-old discusses how focused he is on returning stronger from his ACL injury and speaks about his relationship with Head Coach David Wagner.

The front cover of the programme pays tribute to Jon and wishes him a speedy recovery!

As usual the match-day programme includes notes from Head Coach David Wagner and Chairman Dean Hoyle as well as a 'Director's View' page, which provides fans with the thoughts of Chief Executive Julian Winter.

This week's Captain's Column from Mark Hudson discusses the importance of players gaining match fitness for the Under-23s whilst Andy Booth reminisces about his Huddersfield Town debut against Fulham in the 1992/93 season.

We will not only bring you one exclusive ex-Town player interview this week, but two! Firstly we spoke to a former Academy player, Ollie Templeton, who is setting up a business to help aspiring footballers move to America. As well as an interview with John Thorrington (above) about his work with LA FC and about his time at Town.

For all the 'Fans of the Future' attending today's match, there are plenty of games and fun facts in the junior section to keep you entertained!

If you want the lowdown on the Cottagers, look no further than GUAH; there are several pages featuring the ones to look out for in the opposing squad (below), a history of the Club and a look at Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović.

Look out for a seller near you around the ground tomorrow, or visit the Stadium Superstore pre-match!

Read more at http://www.htafc.com/news/article/2016-17/give-us-an-h-guah-huddersfield-town-fulham-championship-3685879.aspx#7kRK45JkXmJZstPV.99

WhiteJC

Weekend Preview: Let's make it a Yorkshire play-off treble, says Carlos Carvalhal

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY head coach Carlos Carvalhal hopes Yorkshire's footballing re-emergence will continue in the shape of the Owls being joined by White Rose rivals Huddersfield Town and Leeds United in the Championship play-offs.

The Portuguese took time out at the start of his press conference yesterday to publicly congratulate Steel City rivals Sheffield United and South Yorkshire neighbours Doncaster Rovers following their recent promotions.

The baton has now been passed to four other county sides seeking to provide their own magic moments over the coming weeks, with Wednesday, Town, Leeds and Bradford City all in the play-off positions in their respective divisions. Carvalhal, whose fifth-placed Owls can take another significant step towards booking a top-six spot by beating Derby County in front of around 30,000 fans at Hillsborough this afternoon, said: "I expect more (promotions) in the future. "Since the mines closed and the (industry) problems, the region started changing. But sociologists know that football represents society all of the time and when one, two or three teams develop, it means the region is more positive and powerful. "I think that this is a fact and it is good for all of us that these things happen."

Wednesday head into this weekend's key Championship programme as the form team out of the three Yorkshire promotion chasers and victory over the Rams today would secure a fifth successive league win for the first time in Carvalhal's reign. On his side's recent form, Carvalhal – who has revealed that key midfielder Kieran Lee is available again following injury – added: "We are near our best level and our line is going up while some teams are starting to come down a little.

"It is a good sign because the good thing about our (earlier) injuries is that some players did not play almost forty games and they are more fresh to attack this end of the season. "We can promise to the Sheffield Wednesday fans that we will fight a lot to try to win the three points."

"It is a good sign because the good thing about our (earlier) injuries is that some players did not play almost forty games and they are more fresh to attack this end of the season. "We can promise to the Sheffield Wednesday fans that we will fight a lot to try to win the three points."

"It is a good sign because the good thing about our (earlier) injuries is that some players did not play almost forty games and they are more fresh to attack this end of the season. "We can promise to the Sheffield Wednesday fans that we will fight a lot to try to win the three points." Since the mines closed and the (industry) problems, the region started changing. But sociologists know that football represents society all of the time and when one, two or three teams develop, it means the region is more positive and powerful. Carlos Carvalhal A home victory for the Owls today would mean that even if they lost at Ipswich next weekend, they would qualify for the play-offs if they beat Fulham on the final game of the season at Hillsborough on May 7. For Leeds United, who dropped out of the play-offs for the first time since late November following Monday's 1-0 home loss to Wolves, the margin for error is somewhat smaller. Garry Monk's side are still masters of their own destiny, with three wins in their final three matches being enough to seal a play-off berth courtesy of play-off rivals Wednesday and Fulham meeting on the final day of the season. But any slip-ups would see them potentially relying on favours elsewhere, with the Whites' first key game coming at Burton today, when Leeds make their first competitive visit to the Pirelli Stadium against hosts who are battling against relegation. Ahead of today's first 'cup final' at Burton, head coach Monk said: "It is very clear. We have the mindset now that we have to win the three games. "We have to go into it with the best possible frame of mind and the best way to try and win those three games. "That is what we said straight afterwards (on Monday) and that has been the message all week.

"I actually said to the players afterwards that it is actually, in a funny way, a bit easier. "Previous to the game on Monday, there was a lot of talk about how many points you would need to make the play-offs and there was also a lot of talk about what the opposition results were. "It is very simple now, we win our three games and we make the play-offs, so that is our mindset." Fourth-placed Huddersfield, who have a game in hand on Leeds and Wednesday, can seal a top-six place if they beat sixth-placed Fulham this afternoon, with the added motivation of avenging a 5-0 thrashing at Craven Cottage in October in the process. Slavisa Jokanovic's side are the team effectively standing in the way of a three-team Yorkshire contingent in the Championship play-offs and Town head coach David Wagner is not surprised by their recent rise. He added: "After we played Fulham I knew how strong they were. I always said, 'Fulham will be back and be a clear competitor at the end for the top six'. They have a high-quality squad with a high-quality manager and totally deserve to be where they are."

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/weekend-preview-let-s-make-it-a-yorkshire-play-off-treble-says-carlos-carvalhal-1-8506451

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town vs Fulham - the last five SkyBet Championship meetings
Steven Downes looks at the recent games between the two sides since Huddersfield Town have been back in the second tier

Fulham vs Huddersfield Town, Craven Cottage, 29.10.16: Fulham's boss Slavisa Jokanovic greets Town's Head Coach David Wagner.

Huddersfield Town welcome Fulham to the John Smith's Stadium this weekend and go head to head with one of their playoff rivals.

Fulham are heading into the play-offs in good form and have squeezed past Leeds United into the last top six spot.

The Cottagers have picked up the third most away wins in the league, but come up against a Town side with a pretty good home record - winning the joint second most home matches with third place Reading on 15 and sitting behind Brighton who have 17 wins at home so far this season.

Town have faced the London club five times since being back in the Sky Bet Championship, and they have proved a tricky opponent for the Yorkshire side - only picking up two points out of a possible 15.

Steven Downes looks at the previous meetings between the two clubs in the Sky Bet Championship.

2016/17

Fulham 5-0 Huddersfield Town

Town went into this season's fixture at Craven Cottage in high spirits after a morale-boosting late win over Derby Country the game before.

Town fans made the long trip down to London to one of the best away days in the league.

However the day would not end well for Huddersfield as Fulham knocked them for five.

A bad day at the office for the Town players - particularly in defence - it won't be a trip many want to repeat in the play-offs.

2015/16

Fulham 1-1 Huddersfield Town

Huddersfield Town 1-1 Fulham

It was two draws last season, as Town striker Nahki Wells gave Town the lead down in London before Cauley Woodrow broke Town fans hearts by equalising late on in added on time.

It wasn't until the January of 2016 when the two sides met again.

This time the goals came very early in the fixture, Ross McCormack scored his customary goal against Town on the 2nd minute.

Mark Hudson scored to level things up and the rest of the game was played out in a dull affair.

2014/15

Fulham 3-1 Huddersfield Town

Huddersfield Town 0-2 Fulham

Town lost both fixtures against Fulham in this season, going down 3-1 away and 2-0 at home.

Fulham took the lead through Hugo Rodallega on the 19th minute down at Craven Cottage.

Joel Lynch got Town back level in the 75th minute, however the pleasure of the equaliser didn't last long as Fulham re-took the lead through Lasse Vigen Christensen (77), with Ross McCormack finishing the job off on the 84th minute.

In the game back at the John Smith's it was a case of one early goal and one late goal for Fulham. Alex Kacaniklic (2) and Seko Fofana (90+6) scored the goals for Fulham that day.

Wells missed two penalties for Town as 10-man Fulham claimed all three points.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-vs-fulham-last-12921729

WhiteJC

Huddersfield get injury boost, Fulham missing key attacker

Huddersfield Town could welcome back gifted attacker Izzy Brown for their highly anticipated Championship clash with fellow promotion hopefuls Fulham on Saturday, according to BBC Sport.

The Terriers look almost sure to command a top-six finish and make the playoffs, with their fate confirmed if they can beat the London outfit at the John Smith Stadium this weekend.

David Wagner will use the clash as a possible warm-up for the playoffs, with a chance that Huddersfield could face Fulham again this season.

The latest report suggests that Brown, who has missed the last four games due to a knee injury, could well play a part in the Championship clash.

One man that will sit out is fellow Chelsea loanee Kasey Palmer, who will not play again this season due to a hamstring injury.

Fulham are on an excellent run of form and have pushed their way past Leeds United into the top six of late.

The Cottagers are set to be without the suspended Chris Martin, with the Scotland international set to watch the game from the sidelines.

Other than that, manager Slavisa Jokanovic does not have any new injury concerns and is expected to field a strong side to face Huddersfield on Saturday.

https://ninetyminutesonline.com/huddersfield-get-injury-boost-fulham-missing-key-attacker/

WhiteJC

Huddersfield Town vs Fulham: Your at-a-glance preview of the crucial Championship match
All you need to know as David Wagner's side host in-form Fulham at the John Smith's Stadium

Fulham vs Huddersfield Town, Craven Cottage, 29.10.16: Town's Aaron Mooy in action.

Huddersfield Town could cement a spot in the Championship play-offs this weekend with a win over Fulham.

The Terriers welcome back Chelsea loanee Izzy Brown and could also include Philip Billing in the squad but will be without the services of Kasey Palmer and Jon Gorenc Stankovic - both of whom have been ruled out for the season.

Meanwhile, Fulham will be without the suspended Chris Martin, who was handed a three-match ban for a red card received against Norwich City.

Town will also secure a top six spot if they draw with Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday lose at home to Derby.

Last season: Huddersfield Town 1-1 Fulham

Last five league matches: Huddersfield D-W-L-W-L; Fulham W-W-W-W-L

Top scorers (all competitions): Elias Kachunga (Huddersfield) 13; Tom Cairney (Fulham) 10

Match odds: Town 7/5; Draw 12/5; Fulham 19/10

Referee: Andy Davies, Hampshire

Four key points

1. Collin Quaner scored his second league goal for Huddersfield Town in the 1-1 draw at Pride Park on Easter Monday.

That goal came quickly after his first for the club, which came on Good Friday as Town won against Preston due to Quaner's late strike.

2. Tommy Smith was placed on the subs bench at Pride Park, but eventually made a second half appearance to try and defender Town's slender lead, it is expected he'll be back in the starting line up against Fulham.

3. Martin Craine was the man who assisted Collin Quaner for his goal on Easter Monday.

Although Craine has been a bit part player this season, he will be hoping that is excellent displays will give him more playing time in the future.

4. Elias Kachunga will be wanting to add to his tally of 13 goals this season when Fulham come to Town on Saturday afternoon.

Game in Numbers

3 - Collin Quaner has three goals in the blue and white stripes now.

10 - The amount of goals Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney has scored this season.

15 - Town have won 15 games this season at the John Smith's Stadium.

23 - Fulham have conceded 23 goals on their travels this season.

33 - The amount of goals Town have scored at the John Smith's Stadium so far this season.

Three Pitch Battles

Danny Ward vs Ryan Sessegnon: The 16 year-old has been one of the brightest players in the Fulham team of late, and he'll be looking to add to his tally of five goals so far this season.

Aaron Mooy vs Kevin McDonald: This will be an important battle this weekend as the midfield fight will be key gaining any points.

Nahki Wells vs Tim Ream: Town striker Wells will be hoping to capitalise on Ream's lack of pace at the back for Fulham.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-vs-fulham-your-12921728