watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why is Tim Ream

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, April 22, 2017, 05:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

suddenly playing like Rio Ferdinand? Calm, assured, unhurried, even elegant. Like an American edition of a Rolls Royce.

Maybe credit to joka, put his arm around him and gave him confidence or maybe using him differently.

NJFulham

ChesterTheTabby

Playing the best football I've ever seen from him, long may it continue.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

e4b

grandad

Seems so more confident with Betts behind him.
Where there's a will there's a wife

F(f)CUK

Decent run in the team and with the confidence of the manager.

cookieg

He was getting slagged off for their penalty on facebook!!

dannyboi-ffc

The improvement has been massive.

And to be fair to those who backed Madl, this Ream is not the same Ream we were debating a few weeks ago. He has really stepped up.

If anything the weak link was Odoi but it was the right sub and a bit harsh on Odoi who must be rusty.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: cookieg on April 22, 2017, 05:38:26 PM
? it was ayite. not sure how even mr magoo couldnt confuse those two
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cookieg

Quote from: fulhamben on April 22, 2017, 05:44:24 PM
? it was ayite. not sure how even mr magoo couldnt confuse those two

I know, that's the bizarre thing.

e4b

Ream was on the pitch.Had to be his fault!!

Forever Fulham

I thought he had a solid game today, but I wouldn't call it great.  He's played better.   The whole team made it easier for the centre backs once we built a big lead and bunkered it a bit.  His passing was excellent today.  Headed the ball well too.  Saw him get a little manhandled by their big striker once, though.  He broke free of Tim, but teammate was quick to mop up.  Tim's got limitations to his game.  But the quality of his decision making under pressure has really improved.  I think it's what Mince said a week or so ago about everyone building a better feel for what their teammates' inclinations are, and adjusting their game to better suit what others are likely to do in any given situation.  Situational football.  Greatly improved by all the starters.  There were times in the second half where I didn't see that from Odoi.  Not enough game time to build up that same familiarity, I guess.

Holders

Quote from: e4b on April 22, 2017, 05:51:20 PM

No, I blame Ruiz.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Rambler

I've been a big critic of ream this year, but his performances over the past 3 games, along with the team have been great. Happy to eat humble pie

NogoodBoyo

It's all about ifs and Butts and Betts.
Ream always was good on the ball.  The BIG difference has been the change of tactics since Betts has reclaimed the keeper's lime green shirt, shorts and socks.
Poor old Butts was evidently under very strict orders to distribute short, whereas Betts has been given the freedom to send it wherever he wants - which is most often long and to the flanks.
The pressure that simple plan has taken off Ream has been enormous.  It has allowed him to play with a joy and freedom that is ballet-like.  It has also reduced the worry for Betts and even the rest of the team, as well as surprising the pants off the opposition teams of late, none of whom have had much of an idea how to deal with the unpredictability of the said adjustment.
In my view, it has been a huge factor in our positive run-in to the finishing post.
Nogood "what's good for the Ream is good for the Team I say, isit," Boyo

hopper

Feel so much more confident with Betts in the team and perhaps this as mentioned above has helped Ream as well. A lot has been made of the keepers comparatively but to me we seem so much better when Betts plays, and the desire to win seems greater. Button would cause uncertainty at the back frequently and never seemed assured.

Jem

:005:
Ah, well if it is on facebook it must be true  :005:
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

HatterDon

I particularly enjoyed him dispossessing an attacker while in the RIGHT back position. The improvement in Ream has the same source as the improvement in Kalas: the back four covers for each other, anticipates, keeps shape, and is disciplined. Ream and Kalas are consummate team players and a team concept brings out the best in both of them.

My ONLY concern in defense is Frederick, who has what appears to be a million pound talent and a 2s6d brain at times.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Riverside

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 22, 2017, 06:30:10 PM
It's all about ifs and Butts and Betts.
Ream always was good on the ball.  The BIG difference has been the change of tactics since Betts has reclaimed the keeper's lime green shirt, shorts and socks.
Poor old Butts was evidently under very strict orders to distribute short, whereas Betts has been given the freedom to send it wherever he wants - which is most often long and to the flanks.
The pressure that simple plan has taken off Ream has been enormous.  It has allowed him to play with a joy and freedom that is ballet-like.  It has also reduced the worry for Betts and even the rest of the team, as well as surprising the pants off the opposition teams of late, none of whom have had much of an idea how to deal with the unpredictability of the said adjustment.
In my view, it has been a huge factor in our positive run-in to the finishing post.
Nogood "what's good for the Ream is good for the Team I say, isit," Boyo

+1

the nutflush

Quote from: Holders on April 22, 2017, 05:58:21 PM
Quote from: e4b on April 22, 2017, 05:51:20 PM

No, I blame Ruiz.

I will always take it out on Senderos.