A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham biggest rival according to you?

Started by Fulhamfan666, April 22, 2017, 08:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

With Brentford our next game, which is the team that you personally dislike the most tho?

Brentford
7 (6%)
QPR
42 (35.9%)
Chelsea
45 (38.5%)
Arsenal
1 (0.9%)
Spurs
2 (1.7%)
Crystal Palace
2 (1.7%)
Gillingham
12 (10.3%)
Other? (answer below)
6 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Voting closed: April 29, 2017, 08:18:05 PM

Fulhamfan666

Wikipedia says that Fulham has rivalries with several London clubs, but whom do you dislike/hate/etc the most personally?

Mince n Tatties

dannyboi-ffc

I don't see the big deal with Brentford but that could be my age. The last time we'd played them before the prem years I probably wasn't even 10. To me a realistic rivalry for us is a club we have something in common with, similar in goals, size and history.

Everton v Liverpool
Spurs v arsenal
Sunderland v Newcastle
Celtic v Rangers
Villa v Birmingham

So for me Chelsea probably laugh at us for hating them and see us as a little brother. Likewise I find it funny Brentford put so much into a rivalry that isn't really that realistic anymore or wasn't until 3 years ago. It's gotta be QPR for local rival even though they are a smaller club, it's still the most realistic one for me.

For non local rivalries it's got to be Gillingham. And it's probably them that are most hated by Fulham because hate is a strong word after all.

Must admit Brentford are becoming irritating so I hope they don't burst our bubble next week. Fingers Crossed!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ffc73

Dislike? Liverpool

I consider Brentford as a local rival

As Dannyboi says, age has a lot to do with it. 80s & 90s when they were our most regular derby game, and they beat us most of the time if memory serves me right

fulhamben

You only have one local derby and that's Chelsea for us. The rest are just derby's that are local
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

Quote from: FFC73 on April 22, 2017, 08:53:52 PM
Brentford

As Dannyboi says, age has a lot to do with it. 80s & 90s when they were our most regular derby game, and they beat us most of the time if memory serves me right

Similar to this. I never really gave the ha ha's a 2nd thought until recently but Brentford were always around as I was getting into football & fulham in particular & we never did well against them. I remember once we were on a 4-5 match winning streak & beat them 0-1 at their place with a late winner (80th min from memory).

Although, Gillingham was the first ever game I couldn't get a ticket too when we played them away on our way up & one of our fans died that day so I've hated them ever since. W**kers

SuffolkWhite

The Hahaha's for me as Brentford are too small and Chelski too big. But I hate Derby big time.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Age shall not wither nor custom stale the infinite variety of ways Chelsea have irritated me over the years.  I have seen us beat QPR and Brentford and it was sweet.  But to see us  beat Chelsea would be better yet.

Andy S

I was beaten up at Arsenal & had my scarf taken my crime was wearing my colours as a kid but the club I hate the most is West Ham as we took some severe beatings on our way out of the first division 7-1or 2 and that stays with you. In those days Arsenal just bored you to death with 0-0 draws. Their burgers were served by nasty people who would serve you soggy wet burgers because you were young but people who supported West Ham never had an ounce of class yet thought they were better than you. I don't care about tv companies east enders are nobody and never will be in my eyse

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 22, 2017, 09:09:35 PM
I do not really dislike anybody. 
roids made you soft when you're not in a rage
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

KingofCheese

Chelsea for me and winning against them was great. Also love beating Man Utd. However, our biggest rival at the moment is Brentford because they can stop us getting into the play offs and will really be up for it next week.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

HeinekenFFC

Rangers for me, most games recently plus the teams have been similar to an extent in terms of quality (unlike Chelsea who are miles ahead of us) until recently ofc.

Barrett487

Local rivals must be Chelsea

Dislike Derby & Gillingham

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on April 22, 2017, 09:25:21 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 22, 2017, 09:09:35 PM
I do not really dislike anybody. 
roids made you soft when you're not in a rage
Yes, those Haemorrhoids do have a calming effect.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

The Undead at the other end of the road.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SG

For London teams the major dislike has only ever been the dog track team for me. Walham Green Dog Track FC - as stated above 'Age shall not wither nor custom stale the infinite variety of ways ******* have irritated me over the years'
Brentford and Rangers were never really on my radar when growing up - insignificant little teams.

Twig

Chelsea are our local rivals not minor, bit part teams like Brentford or QPR.  And although Chelsea are far bigger than us now that wasn't always the case. We spent years in the first division when Chelsea would have given anything to get back there.  Who knows, one day the wheel might turn full circle again!

filham

I went to a school right on the Fulham/Chelsea border and it was ground into me at a young age that you had to make a choice between Chelsea and Fulham. Regret to say that a majority made the wrong choice.

At the time Brentford and QPR were very small fry located a long way away.

Lighthouse

Chelscum have always been the bigger club and we have hardly ever been real rivals. But they are our closest club so some real rivalry on our part exists. QPR on the other hand have a history with Fulham Park Rangers and we seem to be playing them a fair bit since I have been a fan. Always disliked them more. As for Brentford, I really don't think we play them that often. They however consider us their local rivals and sadly are always up for a fight.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope