Main Menu

Huddersfield forum feedback

Started by Barrett487, April 22, 2017, 11:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/104497/fulham-team

Fulham are a better team than us

Fact.
And if Mooy plays the number 10 role again, I'm going to scream.

Wagner got it wrong with selection. we gifted all 4 goals and made mistakes BUT we had 4 or 5 great chances ourselves and as good as Fulham are and i believe town have beaten themselves today. That performance won't happen again this season. UTT

Fulham are indeed a better team. Indeed, (and I watched the match at Craven Cottage), I think they are the best team in the Championship, on their day.
Cairney is excellent and shoild be playing Premier League. Malone is a very fine full back, far better and stronger than Lowe. MacDonald is an excellent ball player. Moreover, they play as a team, with a better understanding of geggenpressing than Town have.

Very impressive from Fulham today, especially after going one down so early.

Lowe is not the problem full back. Smith might have got in the team of the year but he's been pretty awful of late. Keeps just hoofing it down the line to no one

"Smith might have got in the team of the year but he's been pretty awful of late. Keeps just hoofing it down the line to no one"
Agree with this comment. Malone had the freedom of the left wing today. Central defence of Town wasn't too bad, but we were exposed on the flanks. Not helped by VLP losing the ball so frequently.

bullpoo, they are not better than us. They are miles better than us.

It's not fitness, it's pace. Nearly every one of their players is rapid. We didn't have one genuinely quick player start that game (VLP and Quaner are fairly quick but not on the same level as their lot)

Fulham just came with the form and intensity of a team chasing the play offs. Town meanwhile are just going through that drop off that can happen to 3rd placed teams once automatics chance has gone.

Wagner will have their mentality and intensity right for the play offs, which we're nailed on for now despite today's defeat.

No doubt, if we're up against them in the playoffs it will be over by half time in the first game.

And they all seem to be on the same wavelength. Very good team, they'll be premier league next season
probably.

Fulham play the way Wagner would love us to play FACT

We play too narrow down one side , they always kept the full back and winger out on the opposite side,so always had an out ball, when their press won the ball back which in turn gives them a fast breakaway.

When Schindler or Lowe had the ball they put a man to close the angle down so the ball couldn't go to heff and Visa Versa with heff and smith , that's why smith had to play it long a lot

They played really good pass and move football

Think their speed of everything was so much better than us. Touch, pass, movement, thought..the lot.

Our play is generally a bit slow and predictable but today more so than ever. In the end we faffed about with it, they closed us down and we end up lumping it ( or we end up making a cock up and handing them a chance)
Mooys a great player but hes the main culprit IMO. Hes the one who sets the tone to our game- how slow and ponderous it is going to be.
Sideways one way, then sideways the other, then back...over and over again.

Whereas Fulham.., get the ball , quick pass, quick pass, quick pass and they're in.

We actually did the same a few times and got in some good positions. But IMO theres just way too much slow arseing around with it whilst the opposition sort themselves out.

They were excellent, very good to watch. Mind you so have we been. Fair play to them today

Is Malone the no.3 ?...cos he had a fantastic first half for Fulham.

The fact is, that several of their players have more skill and are quicker in thought and movement than ours - several times they looked as though
they had an extra man on the field. Unless one of the other teams in the play-offs improve by 100%, I feel that Fulham are on their way
to the Premiership.

Well played Fulham good bunch of fans too , ever since we was without brown and palmer our game was always gonna struggle , so influential and connected midfield and attack well , now we are too one dimensional

they are better than us. they have scored 9 goals against us in two games.

anyone who suggests we are as good as they are is quite frankly deluded.

Fulham were quicker in thought and in actual pace but the main difference was they finished their chances and we didn't.

Well played Fulham, easily the best performance against us at home all season.

The thread just goes on and on...... have a look at the link, lol

NogoodBoyo

Is pride really a sin?
Nogood "'cos it's understandable reading that, see" Boyo
P.S.  Genuinely nice comments too.

gezkc

Virtually every team we've played this season has said similar things after we've played them - we're the best team they've played. On this basis, if any team deserves to go up, it has to be us!
Thanks for sharing.

callumc513

Wow, very nice to be reading stuff like that about little ol' Fulham!

Also, Huddersfield fans seem nice.

NogoodBoyo

I never realised they were a super club back in the twenties under Chapman.  They definitely deserve a lot of respect for their history and for their performance this season too.
I would like to see them succeed, but not at our expense of course.
Nogood "hedging, isit" Boyo

Barrett487

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 23, 2017, 12:57:43 AM
I never realised they were a super club back in the twenties under Chapman.  They definitely deserve a lot of respect for their history and for their performance this season too.
I would like to see them succeed, but not at our expense of course.
Nogood "hedging, isit" Boyo
There are a few 'sleeping giants' out there (by giants i mean teams with historic success). Preston, Bolton and Blackpool spring to mind.