watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

By my maths

Started by Jonaldiniho 88, April 23, 2017, 07:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

One more win and we are guaranteed playoffs. Leeds then could only go level with us and short of a 15 goal swing in goal difference we'd be extending our season. Love to do it against Brentford. Pressure off against Sheffield who have won five on the trot.

cookieg

We could be on 5 wins on the trot by the time we play them. I think they'll be glad they secured their place before playing us as I would fancy us to the last spot if it came down to that game.

Milo

Haha Fulham make it easy for ourselves? No chance! I'm expecting a shock result next weekend and it goes to the final game.

Echoes of "we never turned up" and "we'll go again"

dannyboi-ffc

:wow: No sh1t Sherlock   :wine:      Only joking Jonnyboi!

When you look at their results, 2v1 derby, 1v2 QPR, 1v0 Cardiff,  2v1 Newcastle and 0v2 Rotherham.

What strikes me about that list is that Wednesday grind out wins and that they rely on teams not scoring to win. That list is also much easier on paper than our last 4 wins and look at our scores. 3v1 x3 and 4v1.

Nobody in this division can stop us scoring, something has really clicked. It's the pace, up until recently our build up play was much slower and patient. Now it's fluid and direct. It's unstoppable imo.

So Wednesday would have to do something they don't do often and clearly aren't comfortable doing. Scoring more than 2 goals and outscoring us. I just don't see anyone being capable of doing that now.

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

toshes mate

After such a wonderful season, dannyboi, we are entitled to embrace all the good facets of Fulham's recent performances, to look at everything they are doing right in a game which is actually about outscoring your opponent but doing so in an entertaining manner because people have paid to watch you.  I am just looking forward to the next episode not wanting to even think about twists and turns in plot but happy to know the writers of this saga want us to enjoy it first and foremost.   

General

We could lose both our remaining games and still be in the playoffs as long as Leeds only get a maximum 3 points.

That said, if we think our form is good - Sheffield Wednesday's is the best in the league... and as someone mentioned earlier they grind out performances... which doesn't sound too dissimilar to when they played us - they really harried and played a dirty game against us, but it worked and we drew courtesy of an injury time equaliser from Scott Malone.

Our line up has changed a bit since then though.

We started with Button, Sigurdsson, Piazon, Martin and brought on Odoi, Parker and Ayite as subs...

Now Ayite and Neeskens are more of a threat, so is Sessegnon... Sigurdsson and Button aren't in the team at the moment.. Piazon is currently coming on as a sub and Martin - I don't know - will he be available for the Wednesday game?

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 23, 2017, 09:08:08 AM
:wow: No sh1t Sherlock   :wine:      Only joking Jonnyboi!

When you look at their results, 2v1 derby, 1v2 QPR, 1v0 Cardiff,  2v1 Newcastle and 0v2 Rotherham.

What strikes me about that list is that Wednesday grind out wins and that they rely on teams not scoring to win. That list is also much easier on paper than our last 4 wins and look at our scores. 3v1 x3 and 4v1.

Nobody in this division can stop us scoring, something has really clicked. It's the pace, up until recently our build up play was much slower and patient. Now it's fluid and direct. It's unstoppable imo.

So Wednesday would have to do something they don't do often and clearly aren't comfortable doing. Scoring more than 2 goals and outscoring us. I just don't see anyone being capable of doing that now.

Oi. I may be a bit slow. I've been thinking we would have to win all our remaining games and now to think one win makes it mathematical took me by surprise looking at the table this morning. I've got tickets for the Wednesday game and hoping we can do as you suggested and put a few past them but I'd love to go into that game knowing it's not the last of our season.

General

It's interesting, albeit potentially pointless to acknowledge that when we beat Huddersfield 5-0 earlier this season, the game we had after it was against Brentford too.

filham

A win at the Cottage against Brentford and we are in the play offs, who would have thought that at Christmas.

We really must take this chance , leave it to the last game of the season and doubt and nerves could well set in.
Come on Fulham it is only Brentford and we have been beating top teams this season, lets see a good clear cut victory to take us full flight into the play offs.