watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ryan F booking

Started by Bill2, April 23, 2017, 02:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Can anybody explain to me why Ryan F got a yellow card after the foul for Huddersfield's penalty. I thought it was he committed the foul but it was Floyd, so I am puzzled.

Any ideas?

Won't discus the red card that thug up front for Huddersfield should have got.

ffc73

Ryan's booking was for another incident entirely.  Later than the penalty.  He, as his his want occasionally made a mess of his control, a player got in behind him and he fouled him in attempting to recover his own error.  It was a foul but, IMO, not a booking. 

He did commit another foul later in the half that was a yellow but the ref gave him a stern talking to much to the Huddersfield players annoyance as they wanted another yellow for a red.  Ref got himself in the predicament for giving the soft yellow in the first place.  Joka then hooked Ryan at half time as next foul and he would have walked.

NogoodBoyo

Having just watched the 90 and the highlights, there were only two little things I didn't like about our performance:
1. Fred's show of petulance for taking the attacker's feet out with his trailing leg.  Cynical, nasty and a bit dangerous.  I thought it definitely was a yellow.  And you didn't need to be a lip-reader to see his "Fcuk off, ref" right in the ref's face.  He's great at over-lapping, but I'm not too keen on his defending, nor his character
2.  Betts' distribution.  Long, long, and long. It has sort of worked but at the cost of less possession and the old FUlham problem of the ball coming straight back at us.  It seems grossly unfair to Button when he was so clearly under very strict instructions to keep possession at all costs, ultimately leading to his replacement.
Other than that, it was an absolutely majestic performance from the team and the management.
Nogood "very churlish of me to complain after that, isit" Boyo

ffc73

Thanks for that. In real time it just looked like an accidental collision / tangle of legs & without close up I could not see the verbals after. Lucky boy & could have been another 'Birmingham'

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: FFC73 on April 23, 2017, 05:56:37 PM
Thanks for that. In real time it just looked like an accidental collision / tangle of legs & without close up I could not see the verbals after. Lucky boy & could have been another 'Birmingham'
Agreed.  As has been said elsewhere, Fred was lucky to have stayed on the pitch after that second bookable offence.  Our season would have been looking very different today if that had been the case.
Nogood "Fred needs careful handling, he does" Boyo

Woolly Mammoth

Yes Fred was petulant, and yes maybe another ref may have given him a second yellow, but his hearts in the right place, and of course his passion is there for all to see, which is great compared to some players we have had who show no spirit, or very little. He just needs to curb it and count to ten, we need him on the pitch for the duration.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Thanks for the info, I recall the incident now and agree he could have had a second later.

love4ffc

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 23, 2017, 05:23:19 PM
Having just watched the 90 and the highlights, there were only two little things I didn't like about our performance:
1. Fred's show of petulance for taking the attacker's feet out with his trailing leg.  Cynical, nasty and a bit dangerous.  I thought it definitely was a yellow.  And you didn't need to be a lip-reader to see his "Fcuk off, ref" right in the ref's face.  He's great at over-lapping, but I'm not too keen on his defending, nor his character
2.  Betts' distribution.  Long, long, and long. It has sort of worked but at the cost of less possession and the old FUlham problem of the ball coming straight back at us.  It seems grossly unfair to Button when he was so clearly under very strict instructions to keep possession at all costs, ultimately leading to his replacement.
Other than that, it was an absolutely majestic performance from the team and the management.
Nogood "very churlish of me to complain after that, isit" Boyo
Finally got to watch the full 90.  Agree it is definitely a yellow as a late tackle taking out the players legs.  I can also read lips and yes he told the ref to "F" off so he again a yellow. 

Fred has sped and more times then not can recover for some great defending.  He does make his far share of mistakes and most definitely is a hot head.  Love his passion but he has got to get his temper under control or he will be a red waiting to happen. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Nero

ii thought the substitution was more tactical Odoi coming on as hes a better defender coming on against a team that would be sent out to attack as they were 3 down

RaySmith

Quote from: Statto on April 23, 2017, 09:03:52 PM
He's great at over-lapping, but I'm not too keen on his defending, nor his character

I think "character" is a bit harsh. He gets wound up, probably because he cares. We've had a lot of players in the last 3 yrs, and perhaps even still have one or two who, whilst talented, don't care enough. You need that. So I agree he needs to control himself a bit better at times but I'm not going to think too badly of him for that passion.
0001.jpeg

HatterDon

At halftime, I looked at HatterMom and said "the only way this can go wrong is if Fredericks starts the second half."

His ongoing problem is perfectly described by the lovely and talented nogood boyo above
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bobbo

Almost certainly for gobbing off at the ref he's a bit like a time bomb. Yes like the rest of you I like his good attributes but he wasn't that volatile when he he came to us firstly, he's grown in confidence and - for me a bit of a worry despite his good abilities.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Nero on April 23, 2017, 11:47:39 PM
ii thought the substitution was more tactical Odoi coming on as hes a better defender coming on against a team that would be sent out to attack as they were 3 down
I think it was a bit of both - Fred's potential for a 2nd yellow was there and Huddersfield would perhaps have that in mind when they were bound to come at us 2nd half, so yes Odoi's greater defensive capability was useful.  Slightly undermined by
Odoi getting a yellow straight away! 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 24, 2017, 11:06:07 AM
Quote from: Nero on April 23, 2017, 11:47:39 PM
I think it was a bit of both - Fred's potential for a 2nd yellow was there and Huddersfield would perhaps have that in mind when they were bound to come at us 2nd half, so yes Odoi's greater defensive capability was useful.  Slightly undermined by
Odoi getting a yellow straight away!
Unfortunately, the FFC 90 minute replay only showed one angle on the Odoi booking - he was well obscured but it did not look like a bookable offence at all.  A very ironic situation though.
Nogood "still a great substitution though, see" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Statto on April 23, 2017, 09:03:52 PM
He's great at over-lapping, but I'm not too keen on his defending, nor his character

I think "character" is a bit harsh. He gets wound up, probably because he cares. We've had a lot of players in the last 3 yrs, and perhaps even still have one or two who, whilst talented, don't care enough. You need that. So I agree he needs to control himself a bit better at times but I'm not going to think too badly of him for that passion.
In a strangely un-Gallic way, I've always much preferred watching cool players like Bobby Moore or Tony Gale (even Ream, Kalas and Sess) to hotheads like Fred and the aptly named Savage.  If you can keep your head, etc.
Which leads me to the swearing.  Now I like swearing as much as anybody.  But it has to be charmingly different like: "A pox o'your throat, sir!"  Or "Hail virgin, as those rosy cheeks proclaim thee no less."
Effing and blinding is fine by me if it's descriptive narrative.  If it's directive as in "Eff off, ref" it's only redeeming feature is alliterative.  Otherwise, it's crude, boorish, exceptionally rude and the effing FA, EFL and any other FC organisations should blinking well get their house in order and ban it.
Nogood "a curse on society, isit" Boyo