watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham related quiz question

Started by F(f)CUK, April 23, 2017, 06:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

What does Fulham have in common with just Accrington Stanley, Barnet, Crawley and Hartlepool out of all the 92 teams across the four leagues?

dannyboi-ffc

Haven't got a clue but taking a wild guess, never won a single game in the playoffs?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

F(f)CUK

I am sure that there would be far more answers than just those four,  if that was the answer Danny. One quick clue - I was really surprised that more fourth tier teams were not in our gang.

Williams Tale

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

Something to do with not going out of the top 4 leagues but having been 91st at some stage?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 23, 2017, 08:58:02 PM
Something to do with not going out of the top 4 leagues but having been 91st at some stage?

Well Barnet were relegated to the Conference not that long ago so it can't be that. Although given Hartlepool's position now and how shocked Jeff Stelling was about it id say you are on to something with the 91st part

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

The reason I said playoffs was it's surely got to be relevant. With these things they are normally asked because one club has either just joined the group or is close to it encouraging the need to look up who else has done it.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

F(f)CUK

A quick clue - some non league teams who would be in the majority and not in the elite group of 5 include Torquay, Darlington, Wrexham, Macclesfield, York, Dagenham and Redbridge, Stockport, Tranmere and Southport, but they are not alone.

Funky Fulham Dave

I've been thinking long and hard for the last couple of hours and am no nearer to an answer. It's driving me up the wall!

Just cannot think of any connection(s).

Perhaps another clue?

049:gif

F(f)CUK

I was about to give the answer, but alright another far more obvious clue. I celebrated my 50th birthday recently and my family put a dodgy photo of me in the Leeds programme and a comment that gives the answer away.

Funky Fulham Dave

God know's, er they have only ever played a single game at Wembley?

Probably not though because I think Barnet appeared in a couple of  FA Amateur Cup Finals.

I'm afraid I don't know.

dannyboi-ffc

Is it that they have won one less trophy than Fulham in their history

#one won it one time

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

F(f)CUK

The answer: since the 1974/75 season every other club except Fulham, Accrington Stanley, Barnet, Crawley and Hartlepool have played a competitive match at Wembley.

So basically Fulham, three clubs who have been in the non leagues for most of the time and Hartlepool (who reached a playoff final at the Millennium Stadium) are the only ones not to have had a day out at Wembley.

I was astonished when I worked the answer. I was expecting approximately 15-20 teams, but no.