more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our Home record v Brentford

Started by Riversider, April 23, 2017, 08:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

One home win since 1954  :016:
We've won many times at their place but our home record against them is abysmal .
The vast majority of people reading this have only ever seen Fulham beat Brentford once at Craven Cottage and if you are under 30 then you've never seen a League win for Fulham,
This statistic should hopefully make people realise the enormity of the task ahead on Saturday, historically a draw would be a good result , but a draw and a Leeds win would turn Sheffield Wednesday in to a must win again especially with Leeds playing Wigan on the final day,
We can win on Saturday but there are many other clubs we would have rather been playing to achieve the 3 points that we are desperate for.

Woolly Mammoth

You make a very relevant point, but that's history, and we cannot change history, but we can influence the present. It's 11 v 11, and our need is far greater than there's, which should give us an edge. The advantage we have is, that there is no team we play can anticipate where our profusion of goals are coming from, they are shared by many players. Our threat comes from all over the pitch. That will make the Bees feel our sting, because it is difficult to set your stall against a team that has a goal threat Deuce to Jack Queen King.
So we hold all the Aces up our sleeve as we have 11 Diamonds on the field of play, and it's at our Club, they do not even possess a joker. All they have is a Spade to dig their own hole. Our players will have the bigger Hearts.
They will try and Shuffle their Pack during the match, but we are on a Straight Run, and in Front of a Full House, one of our players will bag a Pair, and our scorers will be Four of a Kind. We just have to show some Patience, and we will call their Bluff and Flush them out. Let's hope by 5pm we would have won the Jack Pot. By that time they will not know whether to Stick or Twist.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Aldo

So we're due a win then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Aldo on April 23, 2017, 09:42:04 PM
So we're due a win then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we are all agreed we are due a win of Biblical Proportions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ChesterTheTabby

If any Fulham team of recent history can turn this trend on it's head, it's the lads we currently have. They have no fear, and they will be gunning for a victory to see all of their hard work through to the end of this regular season. Have no fear of the Bees, we're going to hammer them.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

SuffolkWhite

I think they have only won 6 away games this season. We are a good team and better than them!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Riversider on April 23, 2017, 08:40:37 PM
One home win since 1954  :016:
We've won many times at their place but our home record against them is abysmal .
The vast majority of people reading this have only ever seen Fulham beat Brentford once at Craven Cottage and if you are under 30 then you've never seen a League win for Fulham,
This statistic should hopefully make people realise the enormity of the task ahead on Saturday, historically a draw would be a good result , but a draw and a Leeds win would turn Sheffield Wednesday in to a must win again especially with Leeds playing Wigan on the final day,
We can win on Saturday but there are many other clubs we would have rather been playing to achieve the 3 points that we are desperate for.

This is a different season and a different team.  Will be a tough game on Saturday but we have a team capable of beating Brentford.