Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Results

Monday
Newcastle
4 - 1 Preston NE

WhiteJC

Scouts deployed: Newcastle make 26-year-old playmaker a priority signing

Newcastle are keen on signing Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney, according to a report.

The Daily Mirror claim that the Magpies will move for the 26-year-old once they secure promotion back to the Premier League.

It is understood that Rafael Benitez is a big admirer of the central midfielder and scouts were deployed to watch him feature for Fulham on Saturday.

The report details that Newcastle have made signing the playmaker a priority, but Premier League duo Bournemouth and Burley are considering summer moves.

Benitez's side are on the brink of promotion from the Championship and will confirm their return to the top flight if they avoid defeat at home to Preston on Monday night.

They will surely be looking to improve their squad for next season and Cairney has been picked out as a main target.

The Scotland international could still end up in the play-offs this season and has played a major role in Fulham's form.

He has made 47 appearances across all competitions, scoring 11 goals and supplying 12 assists in return.

Football Insider verdict:

Newcastle will certainly need to bolster their squad for next season and Cairney would be a great addition. The 26-year-old is entering the peak of his career and has been sensational for Fulham this season. He would give the Magpies some extra goalscoring power from midfield and has scored some cracking long-range strikes this season. A potential midfield combination of Cairney and Jojno Shelvey is an exciting one, plus have the look of one that could compete in the Premier League. People may be concerned of just the 11 top-flight appearances he has under his belt, but now seems like the right time for him to kick on with his career and Benitez could be the perfect mentor.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/scouts-deployed-newcastle-make-26-year-old-playmaker-a-priority-signing/

WhiteJC

We Deserved Nothing Against Fulham - Wagner

Head coach David Wagner has admitted that a lack of concentration killed Huddersfield Town in the heavy loss to Fulham at the weekend.

Hosting the Cottagers at the John Smith's Stadium for the game, Huddersfield's hopes of the automatic spots took another hit and in terms of the Play Off push, other sides now have better momentum than we do and that can be huge on the Wembley journey at the end of the year.

In any event for this game though a four one loss wasn't what anybody wanted but Wagner knew we had to hold our hands up and take the defeat on the chin with a view to getting back to our best in the final matches of the year now.

Speaking to the Huddersfield Daily Examiner a disappointed Wagner admitted post game that a lack of concentration and poor individual errors had bitten us on the day.

'It may sound ridiculous but I think the start we made probably cost us. Once we scored we were maybe a little bit over motivated and euphoric and showed a lack of concentration. We lost focus and concentration and against a team like Fulham, who are such a strong offensive side, we got punished.'

Wagner went on to say.

'Fulham are a great side and deserved their win but we played a big part with the errors we made. It is difficult to win football matches when you concede goals because of individual mistakes and a lack of concentration. It is unusual as normally this group is so reliable and I can never moan about the attitude and effort which they show. Defeat hurts, of course, but I have been able to trust the players who made mistakes over the whole season and we move on. To move on you have to know why you lost and we know why we lost.'

As for the Play Offs specifically, Wagner knew it was still in our hands.

'It's still in our own hands and we have three games left. We have shown unbelievable consistency all season and we have been in the top six virtually the whole season. In my opinion we have been the most consistent team in this division so far.'

Read more: http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=489134#ixzz4fEt5llXE

WhiteJC

Transfer gossip: Speculation over Cairney continues

Newcastle continue to be linked with a move for Fulham's Tom Cairney.

The Daily Mirror say Magpies boss Rafael Benitez is a big fan of the Whites star and is determined to sign him this summer.

Benitez is said to have sent scouts to watch Cairney in action for Fulham against Huddersfield at the weekend.

Bournemouth and Burnley are also reported to be interested in Cairney, who moved to Craven Cottage from Blackburn in 2015 having previously been at Hull City.

The Mirror say Cairney, 26, is keen to play in the top flight after failing to make the grade at Hull.

Cairney's goal in Fulham's 4-1 win at Huddersfield was his 11th of the season.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/gossip-newcastle-burnley-bournemouth-reportedly-chasing-whites-star

WhiteJC

Huddersfield felt the full force of a courageous Fulham side - now bring on Brentford
Columnist Chris Bishop didn't think Huddersfield away could get any better before Saturday - now he has the Bees firmly in his sights

And we all thought Huddersfield away couldn't get any better.

Never forget, It was in this cold patch of West Yorkshire that Fulham, on April 14 2001, that Fulham celebrated the return to the top division and an end to the bitter lean years since 1968.

When you say it like that it feels even longer, but what a night it was: a penalty from Louis Saha - his 29th of that season - and the winner from Super Boa Morte.

I always used to joke that three bad things happened at the end of the 1960s, Alan Clarke went to Leicester, the Beatles broke up and Fulham went down to division two, where they didn't belong, but stayed until the following century.

Heavens even in the bad times, Huddersfield away could be good. I froze at the old Leeds Road ground with the faithful 150, on March 10 1990, when we were playing out a drab as ditch water stalemate with Huddersfield under leaden skies.

Out of the gloom, came a joy to behold on that cold day.

Clive Walker, that classy, bald-headed, little genius, picked the ball up in our own half and headed for goal as if he was playing them on his own.

With the ball welded to his right foot, he rounded half-a-dozen players and the goalkeeper and smashed it into the net right in front of us. I have never seen a goal like that before or since; Lionel Messi eat your heart out.

I bet the little master of Barcelona has never had the fans sing :"He's got no hair and we don't care." in celebration of one of his goals as we did for Walker that day.

Anyway, be honest, how many Fulham supporters felt a sinking feeling in their stomach in those first few minutes, at Huddersfield, when the opposition passed the ball around us for fun, then joined the not too exclusive club of teams this season awarded a dubious penalty against us? Eh?

It seems the players themselves didn't give it a second thought, such is their potent combination of confidence and mental strength right now. Another silky finish from the left boot of Scott Malone - our own penalty and two from Stefan Johansen - how glad must be the latter that he took the train down from Scotland this season?

Bring on the Bees: Tom Cairney celebrates scoring at Griffin Park (Photo: Lewis Darling)

It was great to hear the fans - ten times more than we were in 1990 - singing: "We are going up!" after the third goal. I am a true, long suffering, Fulham fan (I also remember how we shivered in the snow at Huddersfield, in 1991, when we lost 3-1 and Frank Stapleton scored) so, I would have waited until the fourth went in.

"What's going on?" was the shout, at half time, from an embittered Huddersfield fan at half time, according to one of the newspapers.

The answer was simple: an overconfident team had been run over by one of the best passing and courageous, footballing side I have seen in a Fulham shirt for nearly 30 years.

Now for "Bees up Fulham down" Brentford - talking of songs, remember that one? - at Craven Cottage. I am looking forward to it from the bottom of my heart - you might even hear me singing, if you are in SW6 on Saturday, from far away in Africa.

Chris Bishop is the managing editor of Forbes Africa and follows Fulham from South Africa. You can follow him here: @ChrisBishopZA

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/huddersfield-felt-full-force-courageous-12934590

WhiteJC

With Goal Difference Win And We're In – Fulham Star Sees Victory Ending Leeds' Hopes of Overhauling Cottagers

Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney thinks that with his side's goal difference advantage over Leeds United, a win this weekend over Brentford will secure a spot in the playoffs.

With seventh placed Leeds losing their Championship clash 2-1 away at Burton Albion on Saturday, while Fulham scored an impressive 4-1 win away at Huddersfield Town, the gap between the two clubs is now three points.

There are two games to play but Fulham, who are sixth, have a goal difference of plus 27, while Leeds are just plus 14.

And as such, Cairney thinks beating Brentford at Craven Cottage next weekend will be enough to see off the challenge from Leeds and secure a playoff place.

"It is a derby game and Brentford will want to spoil the party no doubt but I think a win more-or-less sees us in the play-offs with our goal difference", the midfielder told his club's official site.

"So it's a big game and I am sure the Cottage will be rocking and I am looking forward to it."

But Cairney is determined that Fulham should make sure not to take Brentford likely, as he rates the Bees as a quality outfit with a number of good players.

"They are a very good side and I think they go under the radar a little bit and have some very good players with high energy as well so it will no doubt be a tough game but hopefully one we can get something from", he added.

Fulham won the earlier fixture between the two sides, beating Brentford 2-0.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/04/24/with-goal-difference-win-and-were-in-fulham-star-sees-victory-ending-leeds-hopes-of-overhauling-cottagers/334336/

WhiteJC

Johansen In Team Of The Week (24/4/17)

Fulham are represented in the latest Football League team of the week that has been selected after this week's action.

The performance by Stefan Johansen in the four one victory over Huddersfield Town at the weekend at the John Smith's Stadium was enough to earn them a place in the side alongside the other most impressive performers in the Football League pyramid.

I think we'll already know ourselves, and not just based on the latest performance, why Johansen was selected as part of the team but explaining the choice - the FL blurb read.

'Fulham blew away fellow promotion hopefuls Huddersfield Town with a stunning four-goal blitz in the first half at the John Smith`s Stadium. Johansen, who made our Team of Easter selection, was the pick of the bunch with two well-taken goals in the 4-1 win.'

It's always good to see the club represented in this way, and well played to Johansen for his recognition, but the most important thing about the weekend was of course the points.

Full Team:

Joe Day (Newport County), Junior Brown (Shrewsbury Town), Rhys Bennett (Mansfield Town), Tony McMahon (Bradford City), Jota (Brentford), Stefan Johansen (Fulham), Luke O'Nien (Wycombe Wanderers), Leonardo Da Silva Lopes (Peterborough United), Billy Sharp (Sheffield United), Britt Assombalonga (Nottingham Forest), Conor McAleny (Oxford United).

Manager - Paul Tisdale (Exeter City).

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=489252#ixzz4fEyMxoJo

WhiteJC

Three players Fulham could lose if they fail to win promotion

Fulham have propelled themselves right into promotion contention, but failure to secure their place in the Premier League next season could trigger an exodus at Craven Cottage.

After being in and around the Championship play-off places in recent months, a run of five wins in their last six games has boosted their promotion credentials significantly.

The Cottagers sit in sixth position with three games to go, but more importantly have a three point lead and superior goal advantage over seventh place Leeds United. Fulham's destiny is in their own hands and it is theirs to lose.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic will be targeting his second promotion from the Championship after he achieved the same feat at Watford.

However, if his side fail to gain promotion then this could prompt Premier League interest for his standout players. We take a look at three players that could find themselves playing in England's top tier, and not in a Fulham shirt.

Ryan Sessegnon
Sessegnon has enjoyed a remarkable breakthrough season at Fulham and has been the name ob everyone's lips down at Craven Cottage.

The left-back is just 16 years old and has shown maturity beyond his years along with his unquestionably natural ability to play a big role in Fulham's season. He has played in 24 league games and scored five goals, including a brace in an away victory at Newcastle United.

He has played further up the pitch in an attacking left midfield in recent weeks and he can now add versatility to his ever growing list of traits. This has sparked interest from Premier League clubs as they try to secure one of English football's brightest talents. Fulham would like to keep hold of Sessegnon but could be powerless to a substational bid from one of English football's powerhouses in the summer.

Tom Cairney
Cairney has excelled in his second season with Fulham and he is the club's second leading goalscorer with 11 goals behind fellow midfielder Stefan Johansen.

The 26-year-old has the same number of assists to his name and his impressive form in the Championship earned him a call-up to the senior Scotland squad where he earned his first cap against Canada.

Cairney had previously played for fellow Championship side Blackburn Rovers where he also made a big impression and after his exploits at Craven Cottage, he will be keen to show that he can cut it in the Premier League.

Stefan Johansen
The Norwegian midfielder only moved to Fulham in the summer, following a spell at Scottish League champions Celtic. However, he has made a name for himself in England's second tier.

As previously mentioned, he is the club's top goalscorer with 13 goals but has also contributed with eight assists from midfield. The signing of Johansen was seen as a major coup considering he had experience of playing European football with Celtic and is a regular for the Norway national side.

It may only be his first season in England but judging by his performances for the West London club, the 26-year-old looks destined to play at a higher level and it is more than likely to happen sooner rather than later.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/24/rb-three-players-fulham-could-lose-if-they-fail-to-win-promotion/

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney: Top-six rivals will fear playing Fulham in play-offs

Tom Cairney believes teams will fear playing Fulham in the Championship play-offs.

Slavisa Jokanovic's side thrashed Huddersfield 4-1 on Saturday and sit sixth after four straight wins.

Fulham, the division's top scorers, will finish in the top six by defeating Brentford on Saturday.

Cairney, who scored a 20th-minute penalty to make it 2-1 at Huddersfield, said:"Everyone says every season there is always one team that makes a late charge and goes into the play-offs and hopefully that is us.

"I think we have gone under the radar a little bit this season with the way that we have been playing because we haven't been in the top six for the past few months but I think we are hitting form at the right time and we are scoring a lot of goals.

"We are the highest scorers in the league so I think people will fear us, we do play expansive football and sometimes we have been caught out but that is what has got us in this position now and I don't think we will change."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tom-cairney-topsix-rivals-will-fear-playing-fulham-in-playoffs-a3522391.html

WhiteJC

Jokavonic: Fulham players 'starting to believe in themselves' as playoff push continues

Flawless Fulham served notice of their promotion ambitions as Huddersfield were blown away by a first-half blitz.

Fulham, now the Championship's highest scorers, ripped the hosts to shreds with a breathtaking attacking display that will send shivers through the other play-off contenders.

Goals from Scott Malone, Tom Cairney, and a Stefan Johansen brace consigned Chris Lowe's third-minute penalty to consolation status by the break and tightened the in-form Cottagers' grip on sixth position.

Slavisa Jokanovic's men have now put nine goals past Huddersfield this season and will make formidable opponents for whoever meets them in May.

"You saw today that my players are starting to believe in themselves," said Jokanovic, whose side have won four of their last five matches.

"I said many months ago that they were a good football team but maybe they didn't believe me. I think they are starting to trust me now."

Defeat effectively ended Huddersfield's slim hopes of catching Newcastle, who will now seal a return to the Premier League with victory over Wolves on Monday.

Boss David Wagner, though, refused to be too downbeat.

"Automatic promotion was never on my mind," he insisted. "For 45 years this club has waited for a play-off spot, a chance to play for a place in the Premier League. That is in reach.

"What this team has shown over the season is total consistency. We were out of the top six for only one week. We deserve to be here and we must show that again in the next three games."

For 15 minutes, the Terriers showed exactly why they have led the chasing pack for so much of an extraordinary season. Quick, combative and swarming forward, they led when Lowe won and then converted a penalty.

That, though, was as good as it got. "We started very well, scored a penalty and had further opportunities," added Wagner.

"But we were maybe over-euphoric and lost concentration. We made simple mistakes and it cost us."

Mistakes doesn't quite cover the level of ineptitude on show. Joe Lolley repeatedly let Malone scream forward and was eventually punished when the full-back drilled into the far corner.

Jonathan Hogg then needlessly tripped Floyd Ayite for a spot kick which Cairney dispatched for his 11th of the season.

Having mopped up Ryan Sessegnon's blocked shot to slam home a third, Johansen then robbed the dawdling Hogg, strode unchallenged into the box and slotted beyond the helpless Danny Ward.

Still Fulham pressed forward, the pace and movement of Ayite and Sone Aluko dragging Huddersfield out of shape.

Boy wonder Sessegnon should have added a third shortly after the break, blasting straight at Danny Ward with only the keeper to beat.

"Statistically, Huddersfield are one of the best teams in the league for possession of the ball," said Jokanovic. "If we give them a chance they will dominate us. So we didn't give them that chance."

http://www.ealingtimes.co.uk/sport/15242841.Jokavonic__Fulham_players__starting_to_believe_in_themselves__as_playoff_push_continues/

WhiteJC

Liverpool: Steve Finnan's Birthday – Remembering A Remarkable Yet Understated Career

WRITING about Steve Finnan is a paradox. How do you pay tribute to a man who simply doesn't want praise?

Much like his performances for Liverpool over the five years he spent at the club, Finnan has kept his head down and stayed out of the limelight since hanging up his Adidas Predators. He was the most unsung of all the heroes that brought the European Cup back to Liverpool — and the FA Cup too, for good measure.

A resolute defender, not particularly quick or strong, but with the footballing nous to keep wingers and forwards quiet. As part of a back four that saw Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher take plaudits and Djimi Traore take flack, Finnan himself was as quiet as he kept opponents, going about his business up and down the right flank with no thrills whatsoever. Whether it was a cross that needed blocking or a cross that needed delivering, he'd just get it done. As such, there's a dearth of YouTube montage highlights to refer to, just a solitary goal in an early season fixture at home to West Brom in 2004 and an array of quotes from team-mates and former Reds — including Carragher, who felt there was a stage when Finnan was the best right-back in the Premier League.

"He's the best right-back I've played with. He doesn't get a lot of credit, but when the PFA Team of the Year awards are announced, I'd be amazed if he isn't right-back. Unfortunately, you're not allowed to vote for your team-mates. If you could, he'd be my first pick."

The actual right-back in that PFA Team of the Year? Not Finnan. Not Gary Neville. Not Paulo Ferreira, the right-back of champions Chelsea. Rather, it was Pascal Chimbonda; the soon-to-be Spurs outcast whose two headline-grabbing goals in consecutive games against Fulham and Portsmouth put him in that side ahead of the Irish defender, despite the latter being a near ever-present, helping achieve a club record 22 clean sheets in one Premier League campaign. Finnan's praises were not only not sung by the media, they weren't even mumbled, coughed or whispered.

Grabbing the headlines like Chimbonda had done in an over-achieving Wigan Athletic side, was never going to be of interest to Finnan, who told the club's official magazine in 2005: "I think I preferred how I was, in being consistent, rather than score three or four goals a season and be a little up and down form-wise. I was never really that flashy of a player but I guess the consistency is what people remember me for."

There were question marks when Finnan arrived from Fulham; his debut season was unspectacular at best, compared to the consistent and assured full-back that wore the number three shirt after Rafa Benitez took the reigns. The solid foundation of defence that the Spaniard built Liverpool's Champions League glory upon was evident on all of those European nights — from Turin to Stamford Bridge, to back home at the fortress of Anfield. Not a peep out of Alessandro Del Piero on that tense night at the Stadio delle Alpi, while neither Arjen Robben or Ashley Cole could do trouble him enough to provide a goal for a Chelsea forward in either leg of the semi-final. The only game where Finnan wasn't at his usual reliable standard was the final itself — perhaps less scrutinised than Djimi Traore was in that torrid first half, yet still a part of a back four that allowed Kaka, Hernan Crespo and company to wreak havoc for 45 minutes.

But, as he said to the Echo in a rare interview in 2015, he often tells people: "I changed the game that night." A comment that would have been assumed to be tongue-in-cheek but it's an accurate statement. It was his thigh strain, his wonderfully, fortunately, fragile thigh muscle that had let him down, causing him to be substituted for Didi Hamann. Thank goodness Rafa's infamous rotation didn't result in resting Finnan for even one extra game. Thank goodness for Finnan's dodgy quadriceps femoris. Hamann went on to change the game and, along with every single other player with a Liverbird on his chest, become stitched into the legendary fabric of the football club — Finnan, somewhat fittingly, was an unsung hero once more.

Yet, even with the realisation that his previously unsung praises were due to be showcased at the 10th anniversary of that night in Istanbul, the quiet Irishman was nowhere to be seen. This cued a typical millennial Twitter storm that started as many rumours as it did answer questions, ranging from the ridiculous to the saddening. It transpired that Finnan had actually settled down in London to start a property business and was looking to keep a low-profile after hanging up his boots.

Benitez tried to replace the full-back not long after arriving, bringing in Josemi, a long-haired Spaniard whose existence on Merseyside ceased after a red card at Craven Cottage. His suspension gave Finnan the chance to impress and win back his starting berth. Josemi was later swapped for Jan Kromkamp, another right-sided defender who couldn't dislodge the consistent Republic of Ireland international.

In fact, it wasn't until the arrival of Alvaro Arbeloa on Merseyside, a man whose performances in red earned him a move to Real Madrid not long after, that Finnan lost his place in the side. A spell at Espanyol and at the less exotic destination of Portsmouth finished off a playing career that took this model professional from the non-league to the Champions League. He's the only player to feature in the conference, all four tiers of professional English football, the Champions League and at a World Cup.

After being released by Wimbledon in 1993, Finnan went on to have one of the most subtly brilliant careers in modern football and established himself as one of the most reliable right-backs in Liverpool's history. Whether he wants to hear them or not, his praises should be sung.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/04/liverpool-steve-finnans-birthday-remembering-a-remarkable-yet-understated-career/

WhiteJC

These 2 players need to be on Jokanovic's Fulham summer transfer wish-list⁠

It's been a cracking season for Fulham in the Championship, and there's plenty of hope at Craven Cottage amongst the supporters that they might be able to stay in the play-offs come the end of the season.

The Cottagers destroyed Huddersfield Town 4-1 at the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday, and it's a result that will have no doubt sent shivers down the spines of their play-off rivals.

The Cottagers have been mixing it in the top-six for a couple of weeks now and there's thought that this is one of the better Whites sides, we've seen in recent years and one that is certainly good enough to make it back to the Premier League.

And whether they do that or not is yet to be seen but if they are in the Championship or Premier League next season, they'll have to make additions to strengthen the ranks and there's a couple of positions that will need to be filled over the summer months.

So with that in mind, here's the TWO players that need to be on Jokanovic's summer transfer wish-list...

Steven Fletcher

There's little doubt that a player of Steven Fletcher's quality deserves to be playing week-in, week-out and with the quality that Sheffield Wednesday have their ranks at the moment, he's struggling to get a game.

Fernando Forestieri and Jordan Rhodes have unsurprisingly been first-picks for the majority of the second half of the campaign and Fletcher really hasn't been able to get a sniff.

If he fancies a change next season, he could do far worse than moving to West London to join a Fulham side that are really going places.

Gaetano Berardi
This one very much depends on what the future holds for rising star Ryan Sessegnon, who has been absolutely superb for the Cottagers all season.

But if he is sold over the summer months, Fulham will need to be eyeing up a replacement and one man who has impressed recently at this level has been Leeds defender Gaetano Beradi.

The tough-tackling left-back isn't everyone's cup of tea but he gets up and down the pitch well and is pretty solid at the back too – he'd be a very good replacement indeed.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/these-2-players-need-to-be-on-jokanovics-fulham-summer-transfer-wish-list%e2%81%a0/

WhiteJC

Chris Martin... Derby, Wolves or Fulham?

Left with a bitter taste in their mouths, Fulham fans may or may not be pleased to see the back of  Chris Martin.

The 28-year old loanee, on his day, is undoubtedly one of the best strikers in the Championship, with good goalscoring records and strong hold-up play.

Most Derby fans would be eager to see the return of Martin, who once was a prolific goalscorer for the Rams, under Steve McClaren.

However, reports suggest that a move to Wolves is a possibility, with Paul Lambert eager to boost his attacking options, with Nouha Dicko struggling after recently recovering from a long-term injury.

The question that remains to be seen, is whether Fulham will attempt to make Martin's loan permanent, with imposing attacking options being an obvious absence at Craven Cottage.

Wolves fans, would you like to see Chris Martin in playing in orange next season? Fulham fans would you like to see him stay at Craven Cottage? Derby fans, fancy him back in the starting XI at Pride Park?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/chris-martin-derby-wolves-or-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham should make a move for Celtic's Leigh Griffiths to play alongside Stefan Johansen

After Stefan Johansen's success, Fulham should consider a move for Celtic's Leigh Griffiths.

Stefan Johansen has been one of the finds of the season in the Championship, with the Norwegian getting better and better as the campaign goes on.

He has scored 15 goals in all competitions and provided eight assists, netting four in his last four games, stepping his game up with play-off qualification on the line.

Regardless of whether Fulham win promotion or not, Johansen figures to be a key part of Slavisa Jokanovic's side, and a smart move would be to add a player with who he linked up so successfully at Celtic.

Leigh Griffiths scored 40 goals in all competitions for Celtic last season, aided by Johansen, who provided nine assists.

The attacking midfielder played for two seasons at Celtic, reaching 10 assists a year earlier.

Griffths this season has found his opportunities limited at Celtic, due to the arrival of former Fulham forward Moussa Dembele.

This season he has scored 14 goals, with injuries also affecting him in 2017. Even when fit, Dembele has been blocking his path and he has been used mainly as a substitute.

Griffiths has experience playing in England with Wolves and at 26-years-old has plenty left to offer.

Celtic may prefer to keep him as insurance in case Dembele leaves, which is a very real possibility if a big bid comes in, but Fulham should test their resolve.

Johansen is currently Fulham's top scorer for the season and finding a striker has to be a priority for the club next year, with Derby loanee Chris Martin's future in doubt.

In adding Griffiths they could sign a striker capable of taking Martin's place while helping to make star man Johansen even better.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/24/fulham-should-make-a-move-for-leigh-griffiths-to-play-alongside/

WhiteJC

Play-Offs Predictions: Fulham or Leeds – Who Will Snatch The Final Place Based On Form And Fixtures?

Fight For The Playoff Place – Fulham Vs Leeds United

The Championship promotion race is reaching a fantastic climax and it is now 4 from 5 in for the play-off places.  Fulham currently occupy the final spot with Leeds having slipped to 7th, 3 points off 6th, after a run of 4 defeats in 6 games. They can count themselves fortunate to have snatched a point at Newcastle as they would have been in an even worse position.

Fulham have spent most of the season outside the play-off places but are peaking at just the right time. The West Londoners easily boast the best goal difference of those outside of the top 2 and have won each of their last 4 games, scoring 13 goals in the process.

Because of that goal difference, Leeds essentially need to gain 4 points over Fulham in the remaining two games of the season. Winning their own games feels like a minimum requirement now, though their fixtures aren't too daunting on paper. That said, Norwich City have found their form under Alan Irvine, albeit too late to enter the promotion race and represent a real threat, though their home advantage in their next outing could prove to be crucial for Leeds.

Having beaten Reading by a 7-1 margin, Norwich have also added a 3-1 win at Preston and a 2-0 win over Brighton to their record. For their part though Leeds cannot be intimidated and must keep their eyes on the prize. They finish the season at Wigan Athletic, who may well be relegated by then and they will therefore fancy their chances of finishing the season on a high.

At the moment, however, it is in Fulham's hands. Victory over Brentford next time out would effectively guarantee their finish above Leeds, who would then be reliant on Sheffield Wednesday losing their remaining games, one of which is against Fulham at home.

Fulham's goal scoring exploits have been brilliant this season, regularly finding the net 3 or more times in games and not having drawn a blank in any of their last 15 league games. It's hard to imagine them not scoring against Brentford at home and as such, they will be very strong favourites to win the game at Craven Cottage. Should they manage that, they can arrive at Hillsborough for the final game of the season with a play-off place safely secured.

The need for just one win makes it much more likely that the final place will go to Fulham and this represents a huge disappointment for Leeds United. With players likely to leave at the end of the season, there could be a huge rebuilding job needed at Elland Road over the summer.

http://soccersouls.com/2017/04/25/play-offs-predictions-fulham-or-leeds-who-will-snatch-the-final-place-based-on-form-and-fixtures/