more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stearman wants permanent Wolves move.

Started by Lighthouse, April 27, 2017, 11:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

No great surprise but worth a mention.

Richard Stearman is keen to make his loan move from Fulham to Wolverhampton Wanderers permanent.

The defender, who is under contract at Craven Cottage until 2018, is surplus to requirements in west London and joined Wolves, the club he signed for the Whites from, in 2015.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

gang

Hope he gets his wish, never quite made it at Fulham.

Andy S

Just because he was part of a leaky defence. Not any ones fault really it can take a long time to get a defence to gell. It takes even longer to get the fans on your side

aaronmcguigan

Looking through the wolves forum, he's seen as safe as a backup but nothing more. He's not a regular now and they're looking to inject money in so he may sign to warm the bench.
He was one of those "player of the season" players we brought in like Lonergan and Pringle who didn't cut it. Stearman is wolves through and through, great to see and hopefully we can reinvest his sale into improving the team here.

Milo

Baffles me why Stearman is rated below Ream.

Consistent performer for me. Often had MoTM performances.

Lots of passion. If a little too much for little old Fulham.

Plus.. you wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night in the wrong parts of Putney..

brightster

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Milo on April 27, 2017, 03:19:37 PM
Baffles me why Stearman is rated below Ream.

Consistent performer for me. Often had MoTM performances.

Lots of passion. If a little too much for little old Fulham.

Plus.. you wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night in the wrong parts of Putney..

His balance and acceleration were so suspect, lead to terrible turning ability and forwards could get behind him so easily. He was one of the main reasons for poor corner coverage as well. He would be very last on our list of defenders, behind the big Icelander.

No idea how he won player of the year on wolves. He's really no better than Dan Burn.

Southcoastffc

Not cultured enough for us, more a blood and guts last-ditch defender.  Good luck to him but if we got 1/2 million for him I'd think we'd got a good deal.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

toshes mate

A big disappointment, but then who wasn't as a defender at Fulham at that time, and I hope he recovers to the form he was in at Wolves when we originally signed him.  Wouldn't begrudge him a free.

YankeeJim

There aren't many players that can perform at a top level in any system. Stearman could possibly play well for say, Wednesday type team but not for one that moves the ball around. The opposite could be said of Ream. He couldn't make it at Wednesday because he isn't strong enough to defend like a slightly movable tree stump.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

alexmur

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 27, 2017, 11:30:58 AM
No great surprise but worth a mention.

Richard Stearman is keen to make his loan move from Fulham to Wolverhampton Wanderers permanent.

The defender, who is under contract at Craven Cottage until 2018, is surplus to requirements in west London and joined Wolves, the club he signed for the Whites from, in 2015.
Richard who....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

St Eve

If we have a chance of premiership football next season neither Stearman or Ream are good enough

love4ffc

Quote from: gang on April 27, 2017, 12:55:25 PM
Hope he gets his wish, never quite made it at Fulham.

I second this.  Best of wishes to him and time at the Wolves. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MikeW

Some really odd comments on this thread.

We signed Stearman on the basis he would add steel to our defence.  Very strange that he didn't perform but comments such as having 'too much passion for Fulham' are worry.  I never saw it.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Carborundum

He seemed a thoroughly genuine type playing behind a porous midfield and within struggling defence.  Limitations certainly, but decent and never let his head drop.  I liked the way when SJ asked him to play right back to grind out wins he did it to the best of his ability and wins were ground out.  Never a long term solution, but showed willing.  The risk for him is that neither club see him as part of the way forward.  Wolves are set to be good next year.   

Wish him good fortune.

Milo

Quote from: MikeW on April 27, 2017, 09:02:02 PM
Some really odd comments on this thread.

We signed Stearman on the basis he would add steel to our defence.  Very strange that he didn't perform but comments such as having 'too much passion for Fulham' are worry.  I never saw it.

Blimey was it Cardiff at home, for instance, where we had a penalty shout turned down and he started screaming expletives on the touch line. My memory wanes as I get into my later twenties..

bill taylors apprentice

I have no doubt he tried his best, would have looked better with better players around him and in a more organised team.

But over a long period he was poor to very poor almost every game.

Not good enough in any aspect of the CH's game, at least Burn was tall and committed!
Just another player making a decent living out of the game yet struggles to perform to an acceptable level on a regular basis?

filham

Stearman's return to Wolves would seem to make sense and provide a happy ending for all concerned.

However this is no reason to give him away, why should we not recover the fee we paid for him.

filham

Quote from: Statto on April 28, 2017, 10:41:48 AM
Quote from: filham on April 28, 2017, 10:26:21 AM
why should we not recover the fee we paid for him.

What if no one will pay it ?
If Wolves want him they should be prepared to pay for him, bet we would pay for some of the players we have lost in recent seasons.