watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream on the season and promotion chase

Started by mkras99, April 27, 2017, 05:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

He wrote this for an American audience. It has a bit more explanation than an Englishman would need but makes perfect sense for my uninitiated countrymen.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Steven Ageroad

REEEEAAAAM.
Obviously enjoying his football at the moment with Fulham and appreciates the supporters, good on him.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Seems a good bloke,hes also had a lot to deal with so many different coaches its been a revolvin door to slav and now starting to florish.Good news all round as belief is a wonderful thing!

love4ffc

I genuinely believe Ream is a good guy who puts everything into the game.  Loads here criticize him but I think Slav believes in him and has done a great job partnering him with Kalas.  Like other Americans before him Ream was brought over by another club that didn't work out and yet he was able to find a good home at Fulham. 

Proud to Support Fulham and proud Ream is in the team.   :yay:  049:gif  082.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Forever Fulham

Quote from: love4ffc on April 27, 2017, 07:48:13 PM
I genuinely believe Ream is a good guy who puts everything into the game.  Loads here criticize him but I think Slav believes in him and has done a great job partnering him with Kalas.  Like other Americans before him Ream was brought over by another club that didn't work out and yet he was able to find a good home at Fulham. 

Proud to Support Fulham and proud Ream is in the team.   :yay:  049:gif  082.gif

me, too.

Fulham Tup North

Excellent article.  It's quite amusing how he has to explain about a 'Derby' game and what it means.  Not really understood by American Soccer fans. 
Still cannot get used to people calling them 'Matchdays'!
Loved what he said about the fans "It does not matter if you are going to be here in 2 or 3 years or not, because they WILL be, the Club is in their blood".
I often wonder if players actually understand what the club means to the everyday fans.  Clearly this St. Louis lad does!
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

AlexW132

Very well written and you have to admire him bearing the brunt of the criticism and not letting it stop him from improving. Good on him.

filham

What a good article, I am beginning to think of Ream as being in the same group as McBride and Dempsey, a promotion for Fulham would just about clinch that .

Ream has done so well this season, looking back I thought the pecking order for the centre back places were:-
Sigurdsson
Kalas
Madle
Ream
How that has changed.

hovewhite

Quote from: Forever Fulham on April 27, 2017, 07:57:00 PM

me, too.
Agree as well

CottagersOnTour

Quote from: filham on April 28, 2017, 10:57:36 AM
What a good article, I am beginning to think of Ream as being in the same group as McBride and Dempsey, a promotion for Fulham would just about clinch that .

Ream has done so well this season, looking back I thought the pecking order for the centre back places were:-
Sigurdsson
Kalas
Madle
Ream
How that has changed.

Spot on; he's the one player (other than arguably Sess) that has improved the most this season; in terms of pecking/selection order anyway...!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on April 27, 2017, 08:43:23 PM
Excellent article.  It's quite amusing how he has to explain about a 'Derby' game and what it means.  Not really understood by American Soccer fans. 
Loved what he said about the fans "It does not matter if you are going to be here in 2 or 3 years or not, because they WILL be, the Club is in their blood".
I often wonder if players actually understand what the club means to the everyday fans.  Clearly this St. Louis lad does!
COYW

The idea of a European derby match (where intra-city rivalries are contested) is a bit foreign to many Americans. We certainly have rivalries that would match that intensity in all sports. In reality, it's a vocabulary lesson he's giving. We certainly understand the meaning behind the word(s).

Like you, I really enjoy reading his understanding of the relationship between the supporters and the club and that that supersedes the player and his relationship with either. Also like you, I many times wonder how many understand this or value it, to be more precise.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

love4ffc

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on April 28, 2017, 04:27:40 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on April 27, 2017, 08:43:23 PM
COYW

The idea of a European derby match (where intra-city rivalries are contested) is a bit foreign to many Americans. We certainly have rivalries that would match that intensity in all sports. In reality, it's a vocabulary lesson he's giving. We certainly understand the meaning behind the word(s).

Like you, I really enjoy reading his understanding of the relationship between the supporters and the club and that that supersedes the player and his relationship with either. Also like you, I many times wonder how many understand this or value it, to be more precise.

As ToodlesMcToot says, about the only examples Americans would understand to be local Derby's would be in New York.  Like the New York Jets vs New York Giants or the New York Yankees vs the New York Mets.  Even those are known as rivals and not derby's due to local terminology.  With that said, Americans appreciate and know just how much a good rivalry means to the locals.   

CaptainJingles

Sorry to bump an old post, but why would you say Ream didn't work out with Bolton? He was twice their player of the year, and he only transferred after they were relegated.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

love4ffc

Quote from: CaptainJingles on May 03, 2017, 05:00:53 AM

Sorry to bump an old post, but why would you say Ream didn't work out with Bolton? He was twice their player of the year, and he only transferred after they were relegated.

First, welcome CaptainJingles.  Second, don't apologize for bumping this post as it really isn't that old.   

Third and more importantly I think you miss understand what I am saying.  I am not coitizing Ream and his time at Bolton.  On the contrary I think he had an exceptional experience during his time at Bolton.  Though his first year was a bit rocky. 
What I meant by my statement was that Bolton was relegated and Tim was sold.  Hence in the long term it didn't work out for either party.  The same could be said for McBride who had a successful loan spell at Everton but was unable to secure a permanent move to them.  Again, Fulham say their potential and brought them in to the first team.   

Others down fall and bad luck can mean good things for Fulham  049:gif

Hope to see you posting more on the board soon  076.gif