watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

child in putney end

Started by flyingfish, April 27, 2017, 11:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingfish

My 6 year is desperate to go on Saturday but reading some of the stuff on here and other message boards about brentford fans buying tickets in p1-p3 I'm slightly nervous around the atmosphere for a small child. She's so innocent bless that it would be terrible if something off putting happened around us or we were completely surrounded by gobby brentford supporters.

Anyone any thoughts on a littler in putney end on Saturday or if any of the family blocks still available?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: flyingfish on April 27, 2017, 11:24:47 PM
My 6 year is desperate to go on Saturday but reading some of the stuff on here and other message boards about brentford fans buying tickets in p1-p3 I'm slightly nervous around the atmosphere for a small child. She's so innocent bless that it would be terrible if something off putting happened around us or we were completely surrounded by gobby brentford supporters.

Anyone any thoughts on a littler in putney end on Saturday or if any of the family blocks still available?

The web site says telephone for availability in the family areas.

Southdowns White

Give the club a bell, they can sometimes very helpful. If it were me I would rather not take my children (if they were younger) into that stand tomorrow, although it will probably be fine.

Max Headroom

I went with a friend and his son to the neutral end a year or two ago for the Sunderland game as they were Sunderland fans. I told the 10 year old not to celebrate openly if Sunderland scores, but of course he did! And the reaction was great.

In a home derby, you might get some pratts in there though

AlexW132

I would personally be a bit worried

Wolf

For this fixture I'd suggest phoning the club to see if there are tickets in A or K (Family stand) Stevenage Road, there often are as spares are made available late as comps for Academy players and family.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

flyingfish

OK thanks folks. I'll call the club. If not maybe one of the seats at the back of p1 as I assume that brentford would be buying general sale tickets closer to their own lot first (I. E. P3) and fulham from p1. I don't want to disappoint her but don't want a bad atmosphere if brentford want to rub our noses in if they score etc etc

Andy S

I totally agree about phoning the club but in the end the responsibility is yours as a parent. I know they want to go to a game at that age . But wait until next season and select a game carefully

HillingdonFFC

Think P3 will be more Fulham than Brentford, a few Brentford fans voicing similar concerns on their messageboard but think it should be ok

Milo

Wouldn't trust those Brentford fans... I've heard they eat children.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I've taken my 6 yr old lad in all areas of the ground in the last few seasons and there has been terrible language and childish behaviour at every single game. Thats mostly from me though, and he's pretty quick to tell me off.

As for Bentford fans, I cant see it being different to any other game, they'll be idiots whenever you go.

Holders

I first took my daughter when she was 6 and we sat in the Stevenage Road. A good idea to call the club, though, you don't want her being put off.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

flyingfish

Thanks. We've been plenty and I've sat on the neutral zone  several times in the prem days and never had any sniff of trouble. I take the view that if there was an inkling of the police would not allow a mixed zone. My littler has been on a number of occasions so she's use to the noise and crowd etc it was just this particular fixture. Ticket office reckoned that p1-p3 overwhelmingly fulham and have been selling like hot cakes since rest of the ground sold out on Tuesday., with brentford allocation not sold out.

Fulhamfan666

Southcoastffc

It might be of some reassurance to know that the club have a Fun day in the Park tomorrow.  Hard to imagine that it would take place if difficulties were expected.  See 
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/april/28/matchday-info-brentford

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SP

You'll be fine.  The only trouble I've seen in the Putney End was Charlton fans fighting each other a few years back.

AlexW132

Quote from: SP on April 28, 2017, 04:22:37 PM
You'll be fine.  The only trouble I've seen in the Putney End was Charlton fans fighting each other a few years back.
Last year, I think that was. I also saw some Preston fans charge at the Neutral Zone when we played them.

SP

Quote from: AlexW132 on April 28, 2017, 04:49:53 PM
Quote from: SP on April 28, 2017, 04:22:37 PM
Last year, I think that was. I also saw some Preston fans charge at the Neutral Zone when we played them.

Yes, there have been a couple of these too but they're more like street theatre. 

flyingfish

Brentford have had tickets on sale to past purchasers since 21st and members since 18th. Given they haven't sold out their allocation it looks like there will be hardly any in P3 especially as that has only filed up in the last few days.

SP

So, how was it, looked a good atmosphere in the Putney End?