watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not happy about today's result

Started by Forever Fulham, April 29, 2017, 05:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

We shouldn't be backing our way into the playoffs.  If we're promotion bound, finish strong.  But what's done is done.  Where are we right now with respect to Wednesday?  What is the list of possible result permutations where we'd have to face them in the playoffs?

Keynsham

Fulham Tup North

I think the lads were a little bit nervous and felt the pressure a bit.
2nd half it was more a case of not losing rather than winning.  Now we are there, they can relax a little and I think we will see a different approach next weekend.  I would not be surprised if we made 3 or 4 changes also, as his post match interview stated "Some players have played many minutes so we need to try and find the best solution for how are going to play against Sheffield.
"I don't coach only 11 players. The whole squad now is thinking and working in the same direction and we move on to Sheffield Wednesday with confidence."
This makes me think, squad rotation??
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Andy S

NogoodBoyo

From Gentle Jim's cough-mixed commentary as well as from analysis of the stats, it sounds as if we played quite well given the circumstances.  Ayite just left his shooting boots at home and Cairney was too predictable in placing to his right instead of blasting left.
Other than that, it seemed a good day at the office.  And we are in the play-offs, although in a strange sort of way, it's difficult to celebrate with full amounts of boundless joy when it's not 100% official.
Nogood "a strange old day especially on this forum, see" Boyo

Licker-1

Well done you whites, hope you make it back up.  The only London ground I enjoy going to, can't wait to be going again.
Bill.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Licker-1 on April 29, 2017, 10:38:30 PM
Well done you whites, hope you make it back up.  The only London ground I enjoy going to, can't wait to be going again.
Bill.
....and I hope we get to invite you & look forward to seeing you back at the Cottage!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

We can look forward to the play offs, unless there is a feast of goals the wrong way next Saturday.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 29, 2017, 10:49:01 PM
We can look forward to the play offs, unless there is a feast of goals the wrong way next Saturday.
I only have 2 thumbs and 8 fingers, might lose count after that!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

westcliff white

Given Leeds drew I am happy to take the draw. It is damn hard to win more than 4/5 games in a row in the championship, we remain u deafen and know we should have won today, so overall I am happy with our lot
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Same here, I am very happy 😁⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 29, 2017, 11:14:38 PM
Same here, I am very happy 😁⚽️
I'm not, I have run out of tonic!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

gezkc

Why would you not be happy about today's result? We've  made the play offs with a game still to go. Brentford was always going to be a tough game - they're in form, desperate to spoil our party and our record against them has never been good. Nevertheless, we got what was needed, and from how it sounded, were unlucky not to win.

Considering how we were looking, say 4 games ago, we've done far better than many of us expected, beating both Norwich and Huddersfield in the process.
Be proud of the lads - they've done everything we could have asked of them.

Apprentice to the Maestro

The result, when taken with that of Leeds, was alright but the performance was laboured and sloppy at times. We should have sealed the win with the penalty and other chances. Brentford who looked pretty decent could have pinched a win and that could have been very nasty.

The forwards too often were static with their backs to the goal, rarely side on or facing forward. We need more movement and commitment to anticipate and get on the end of the low crosses from Fredericks, Malone and others.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

valdeingruo

Yes, it was a draw, but it essentially makes sure that we are in the playoffs. I would rather a nervy draw now to remind the squad that every game is important, especially right before the start of the playoffs instead of them going into the playoffs over confident, we deserve to go into each match with confidence but nothing crazy.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Logicalman

Quote from: Licker-1 on April 29, 2017, 10:38:30 PM
Bill.

Thanks Bill. Good to see you post here again mate. Perhaps some gentle rivalry for next season in the offing?
:005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Twig

Quote from: Forever Fulham on April 29, 2017, 05:34:28 PM
We shouldn't be backing our way into the playoffs.  If we're promotion bound, finish strong.  But what's done is done.  Where are we right now with respect to Wednesday?  What is the list of possible result permutations where we'd have to face them in the playoffs?

The fact that you have to ask where we are relative to Wednesday or what the permutations are is a bit odd.  There is only one game to go so pretty simple; we will finish 6th (that is nailed on) we will play whoever finishes 3rd which could be any of Wednesday, Reading or Huddersfield.  Whichever club we face we will play our semi final home leg first. 

And btw I am very happy indeed!

RaySmith

For ages sixth place seemed just out of  reach, and MJG's statistical forecasts usually had us missing out, so an incredible achievement to have finished in top six.

It's hard to believe , but we have an opportunity to get back into the Prem., after  battling another relegation for the past two seasons in the Championship.

Well done Slavisa and the players.

nose

Quote from: Forever Fulham on April 29, 2017, 05:34:28 PM

a draw was written in the stars for the brentford game. we played well but didn't take our chances. brentford were also very good and could be relaxed. we have done brillianty recently and I think your nerves are understood but come the play offs everyone will be in the same boat and edgy. i suspect our brand of football will be an advantage especially over two legs.
AND
of course penalty shooting is a weakness, we know that so must endevour not to have to get involved during the fun ahead of us.