watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How have Wednesday fared

Started by jeremyfulham, April 30, 2017, 02:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

Against Reading and Huddersfield ? would they prefer to play one of those in Semis than face us ? All 3 teams know that if they finish 3rd they play us , would think based on results vs us Reading and Huddersfield especially would want to avoid us but only Weds have it in their hands to finish where they want i.e lose to us they are 5th and face Reading or Huddersfield but can't be us.
I would prefer to avoid Weds and ideally play Huddersfield but Reading don't worry me either. 049:gifFTID COYW

ChesterTheTabby

The only team we have to fear in the playoffs is Wednesday, and we will see how both teams fare next Sunday in a playoff preview bout.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

jeremyfulham

049:gif I don't think we will be able to read much into next weeks game.

General

I like the perspective you brought - thanks for that.

Reading are actually a bogey team for Sheffield Wednesday this season it seems as Reading have won both their games against Sheffield Wednesday. Reading won 2-0 at Hillsborough as recently as mid march and then won at the Madejski 2-1 in December.

And interesting in March again they actually lost 2-1 to Brentford.

Sheffield Wednesday have actually beaten Huddersfield twice this season and so in terms of teams they'd be best suited to it'd be them.

Obviously they've only played the one game against us and that ended up in a draw in 90 odd minutes.

So you'd actually be right to suggest there are two teams that are going to be tough for Sheffield Wednesday - Reading and us. I know form isn't the best at the moment and Sheffield Wednesday are doing very well, but in all honesty over a 2 legged semi-final they can't be completely confident against Reading or us.

The other thing I've noticed is whilst Sheffield Wednesday have won a lot of their games recently they've been against lower end teams (barring Newcastle) and never by more than a 2 goal margin, mostly in reality a 1 goal margin.

But they are beatable - Reading and Villa both beat them in March, whilst Burton got a draw and Norwich got thumped, but that's not that good.

General

Based on form etc - I'd say the best that could happen for us could be

Semi Final - Reading vs Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham vs Huddersfield
Final - Reading vs Fulham

Reading are Wednesday's bogey team and it seems we're Huddersfields currently.

In a head to head with Fulham and Reading it's actualy quite tricky to call though - We won against them at Craven Cottage 5-0 but then lost 1-0 at the Madejski.

Over two legs there's an obvious winner, but it's less predictable as they won one and we won the other.

Interestingly for me at least is that the team we played with at the Madejski was very different to the team we'd probably field now...

At the back we had Madl, Ream, Kalas with both Fredericks and Malone as attacking full backs.

Then our three furthest forward players were Martin (who won't be available and also is a liability), Cairney and Aluko...

Button was in goal and they beat us by getting on to the rebound of a saved penalty.

We've since taken the third CB out of our starting line-up and lead with more pace up front in Ayite/Neeskens and/or Sessegnon.

the Skysports headline for our loss against Reading - 'Reading squeeze past Fulham'

When we won 5-0 against reading we played with the team we have and play with most recently with Ayite, Aluko up front (although Martin was up front and scored a brace that game)... and Kalas Ream partnership supported by Fredericks and Malone in full back positions.

NorfolkJim

Just so long as at no point does it go to penalties I think we will be alright whoever. Personally I'd like to take on Reading in the semis and Huddersfield in the final.

Of bigger concern to me is my ability to get tickets for the games as even Mrs Jim will suddenly become a died in the wool Fulham fan for a trip to Wembley