watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream

Started by Supermitch, April 30, 2017, 09:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermitch

Earlier in the season had a lot of criticism and some of this was justified.  In the past 6 weeks or so though he has been outstanding.  Is it a coincidence that it is since Marcus got back into the side?  Certainly the defence as a whole appear to have more confidence in him than in David Button and maybe this has seen the change around.

Hopefully his good recent form will extend for another 4 matches this season. 

epsomraver

said before that there was a problem between  Ream and Button, Ream was MoM yesterday IMHO, he is one of the few players we have that has played on the big stage so seems to handle the pressure better than most

hovewhite

I think theres some truth in betts being back in has improved the understanding of the defence and helped in a lot of ways.

dannyboi-ffc

It can't be a coincidence. Button was dropped after Derby, since we've won 4 and drawn 1. Betts gives the whole team more confidence because his distribution is so much better than Button.

I would never have said Ream is in the form of his life because of Betts but now you've said It, I think you make a very good point.

The Ream we are seeing now is not the same player we were all debating with over Madl a few months ago. He has really stepped and has grown in confidence, possibly confidence brought out by Betts.

I can now see the benefits of a left footed defender, the way he was releasing Malone made a big difference. It's these little details that win you games.

Possibly another Baird on our hands although we have only finished 6th and who knows what else. So not worthy of that comparison just yet
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

PokerMatt

I'm not sure I can get on board with Betts distribution being an improvement. The amount of balls he kicked straight into touch on Saturday and against Huddersfield.

I can't argue that the defence does look more calm in front of Betts, though, and long may it continue.

We still aren't keeping many clean sheets though, so there's room for improvement.

As for Ream, he was fantastic on Saturday. Both centre backs drove forward past the half way line at times as well, which creates a lot of space for us. His passion at the end was good to see as well. I'm glad this thread was started because I have him down as most improved this season.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

bobby01

I think he has improved greatly, but, he still has that moment of silliness in him. Where was he going on the Brentford goal, he left a big hole behind him.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Jimmy Hill

Betts has been brought in as a tactical change. Fulham were playing out from the back but teams have been pushing up to but us under pressure and against Derby it proved a very fruitful tactic. Betts is then brought in and told to kick it long to Martin against ipswich which worked really well. Martin then gets sent off and Aluko goes up front. Betts is then instructed to kick to the wings. I think the manager accepts that some are going to go out of play. This gives you time to set your team up for the opposing throw in and arguably gives us a better chance of winning the ball back. For me it highlights our need for a proper striker up front and as much as I dislike him id be looking at trying to get 3 performances out of Martin. He owes us that much. As for Tim ream looks like a decent player and a good fit for our style of play.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on May 01, 2017, 10:47:09 AM
Betts has been brought in as a tactical change. Fulham were playing out from the back but teams have been pushing up to but us under pressure and against Derby it proved a very fruitful tactic. Betts is then brought in and told to kick it long to Martin against ipswich which worked really well. Martin then gets sent off and Aluko goes up front. Betts is then instructed to kick to the wings. I think the manager accepts that some are going to go out of play. This gives you time to set your team up for the opposing throw in and arguably gives us a better chance of winning the ball back. For me it highlights our need for a proper striker up front and as much as I dislike him id be looking at trying to get 3 performances out of Martin. He owes us that much. As for Tim ream looks like a decent player and a good fit for our style of play.

Not a lot to add to this.
Nogood "and there you have it, and why not, isit" Boyo

hovewhite

I do think martin will come back in for the remaining games as we need a switched on martin as a focal piont of our attack.

Holders

It's good to see Ream playing to the potential that was presumably seen and for which he was bought. Full marks to the manager for persevering with him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

epsomraver

0001.jpeg

Holders

It's a subtle adjustment that accords a tactical change to the goalkeeper.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

AlexW132

Quote from: bobby01 on May 01, 2017, 10:36:48 AM
I think he has improved greatly, but, he still has that moment of silliness in him. Where was he going on the Brentford goal, he left a big hole behind him.
I agree, thought he was at fault for that.

Milo

He's played well. However I am sticking to my position earlier on in the season in that he has come from the Senderos school of defending. There will be a big mistake in him that could surface at any point in a game and that's not acceptable at this level. We are just lucky we haven't seen it recently... I'll still be holding my breath at Wembley everytime he gets the ball as last man.

bmasar

Quote from: Milo on May 01, 2017, 02:44:15 PM
He's played well. However I am sticking to my position earlier on in the season in that he has come from the Senderos school of defending. There will be a big mistake in him that could surface at any point in a game and that's not acceptable at this level. We are just lucky we haven't seen it recently... I'll still be holding my breath at Wembley everytime he gets the ball as last man.
You mean the Selective Criticism of Defenders School? That's the one in which supports chose one CB from the pair and hold up a magnifying glass to him, expecting a perfect 90 minutes every match, and let the other CB do what he will.

Let's face it, all defenders are liable to make a big mistake at any time and due to their position it is often costly. Kalas is the better of the two but he's made big mistakes too.

love4ffc

Well said and I must agree with the view that Ream works better with Betts.  Ream has always been very calm on the ball.  Sometimes perhaps a little too calm.  Overall though he is excellent with his passing and distribution and that is what Slav wants out of the back so works well to have Ream in. 

While it is great and important that the lads work the ball out of the back it also good to change things up.  I like that every now and then, especially when under pressure that Betts send the ball long for Martin.  We should do everything we can not to be predictable and make things easy on our opposites. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

b+w geezer

He's looked really good recently and his style does suit the way we're set up. He's not been tested much from crosses in the air however, so can't tell if he has improved in that respect too. Sheffield Wednesday will test this as will Kermogant of Reading. But on the ground he's certainly looked more imposing and formidable.

callumc513

He was absolutely brilliant on Saturday and it can't be coincidence that his form has improved so dramatically since Button was dropped.

Fulham1959

Excellent interview on the Offal.