watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

( Hypothetical )You are Gary Monk manager of Leeds United

Started by Andy S, May 01, 2017, 12:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Well here you are where everyone believes you have given up the fight for the play offs. Your opponents Wigan are already relegated. They are already thinking about their holiday. Fulham believe they are already in the Play offs and rest a lot of players. They are playing Sheffield Wednesday away and could easily be beaten by two or three goals You have two choices. Do you lay down and die? or do you go for it telling your players you will review it at half time. They are playing for their season.

What do you tell them?

Fulham are losing 2-0 at HT while you are winning 5-0. You need another 7 goals to make the playoffs, less if Fulham concede more

Could this be happening?

dannyboi-ffc

Mate you can relax now. Of course Leeds will go to win but our game will lack the edge it would have had. I'm not expecting a friendly by any means but even if we lost 4v0, Leeds have to win by 10 goals. It just isn't going to happen.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Andy S

I hope you are right but you cannot rule it out completely Danny

Denver Fulham

Leeds have only scored more than three goals once in the league this season (and that was four).

Wigan have only conceded more than three goals once in the league this season (and that was four).

I mean, there's no harm in Monk throwing every caution to the wind -- barring a 14-goal swing, they're locked into 7th place whatever happens -- but there's basically zero chance of them catching us.

Fulham Tup North

Would be good if Wednesday went one up,  Leeds did a Norwich and found themselves 6-1 up at halftime. 2nd half they score 3 or 4 more, they start to dream and we grab as goal in stoppage time to make their game worthless!
But no, a Fulham v Wednesday 0-0 will do me.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Goal difference will not come in to the equation, because Fulham will not lose to Wednesday.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Slavisa will  want to get a result from the Wednesday game- we won't be going there to lay down and let them roll over us.

The, highly unlikely, scenario of Leeds matching our gd  isn't going to happen.

Southcoastffc

No need to worry. Dan Burn will be at CB for Wigan  and will give his all! ☺
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Slaphead in Qatar

Andy s - calm down and stop being a mummy's boy.

The only way Leeds can do it is if they bribe Wigan to concede a hatful of goals. while I wouldn't rule this out in modern day football I think that it's highly unlikely. Sleep easy mate and look forward to the play offs.

WokinghamWhite

If a 14 goal deficit was overturned next Sunday there would *have* to be an FA inquiry as to how that happened. Look, bottom line is that we are not only in the playoffs, we are the bookies' favourites to go up. If you want to worry about something, worry about whether Reading finish third. I'd much rather they did as that means we get an easy away trip on that Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

toshes mate

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 01, 2017, 07:55:59 AM
The only way Leeds can do it is if they bribe Wigan to concede a hatful of goals. while I wouldn't rule this out in modern day football I think that it's highly unlikely.

My other feeling is we may actually beat Wednesday given our recent away form.  SJ will want to keep the unbeaten momentum going for the final four matches of the season and he won't really want the penalty curse to have a say in any more of our matches.

NorfolkJim

I think a draw would suit both Wednesday and Fulham so I'm expecting a 0-0 or a 1-1 but a 13 goal swing? I think thats even outside of Fulhamish

toshes mate

Quote from: WokinghamWhite on May 01, 2017, 08:11:09 AM
If a 14 goal deficit was overturned next Sunday there would *have* to be an FA inquiry as to how that happened. Look, bottom line is that we are not only in the playoffs, we are the bookies' favourites to go up. If you want to worry about something, worry about whether Reading finish third. I'd much rather they did as that means we get an easy away trip on that Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

The FA don't do inquiries and they'll fiddle and fart their way through the controversial as they always do.  But don't worry Wigan will beat Leeds to calm the nerves of those watching for the moment the finishing line thread is broken.

Mince n Tatties

According to some outlets he will be sacked before
then,owner wants to bring in foreign coach.

Andy S

I love the way you are all dismissing any possibility of this. Check my previous posts I have probably been one of the most positive posters on here. I said that we would make the play offs when a lot of you were saying we had the hardest run in. All I'm asking is put yourself in Monks position, say what you tell your boys. We have all seen 7-0 score lines in foot ball. None of this is impossible. Especially if Leeds went for it against a side already relegated and on holiday after a long season. Against us if we elect to put out a reserve side and Wednesday put out a first 11. All highly improbable I admit.

toshes mate

Quote from: Andy S on May 01, 2017, 08:32:27 AM
Check my previous posts I have probably been one of the most positive posters on here.

You and me both, Andy S, and I'd preferred (and expected) the win on Saturday.  My positive side says Wigan will beat an already deflated Leeds, and Fulham will beat Wednesday to end the regular season on a high. This season will go down as one of our best performances for a very long time, certainly given the limited funds the Club have had to play with.  SJ will not be letting heads forget momentum is important in all forms of football.

cookieg

It also involve Fulham players being involved in some sort of scam for us to lose by 7 clear goals.

Dodger53

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that Leeds offered a 25% season ticket refund if not in the play offs.  A million quid apparently! So certainly still a lot to play for.

MaidenheadMick

Simple equation is to beat Wednesday thus ensuring we avoid them in the semis. I'd imagine that's what the players and Joka are thinking right now.

Mike the White

The thought that there's a faint chance that Leeds cud make playoffs will be in the Wednesdays mind - I think a draw is almost guaranteed