watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I can see Reading, Huddersfield and Sheff Weds all losing Sunday

Started by davew, May 01, 2017, 04:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

None of them would fancy playing us in the 2 legs of the play offs, so will any of them really be trying to win? Sheff Weds can certainly determine who they want to play by letting us win, going to be very interesting and of course whatever result we achieve it doesn't alter our position. I think there will be some shock results!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

jarv

Sunday....I would hate to see you show up on the wrong day. It's a long way to Sheffield. :005:

davew

Mince n Tatties

Jem

"I can see Reading, Huddersfield and Sheff Weds all losing Saturday"

Perhaps it was a mistake to go to Specsavers  :005:
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

nose

i think it an error to take ypur foot off the gas at this stage of the season
i do not think anyone fears us, the media have bigged up our team but even when we beat huddersfield there were periods that we were really up against it and a bit of luck for them would have seen things very different. that will not be lost on their mnanager or ours. wednesday outplayed us until parker kicked forestirri at our place and reading we lost too recently.....   we shall see what we shall see.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: nose on May 01, 2017, 09:34:24 PM
i do not think anyone fears us, the media have bigged up our team but even when we beat huddersfield there were periods that we were really up against it and a bit of luck for them would have seen things very different. that will not be lost on their mnanager or ours. wednesday outplayed us until parker kicked forestirri at our place and reading we lost too recently.....   we shall see what we shall see.

Glad you are on our Side!
:dead horse:

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 01, 2017, 07:08:31 PM
Treble g n t for me please.
Think I had already had 3 when I posted the thread, nice to see some guys still on the ball by correcting me! Going back to the purpose of the posting, pretty sure we will be playing Reading in the play offs!!!

the nutflush

I have backed them all to draw this weekend.  Treble paying 40/1.

flyingfish

All of this talk of certain teams trying not to win to avoid certain opponents is a load of nonsense in my book. Why on earth would sheffield wednesday try not to win against fulham on Sunday to avoid a playoff semi against them? Such a mindset would be incredibly damaging and mark a team out as 'weak' before a ball has even been kicked, make a team feel likw they arent good enough. Any team with serious promotion aspirations will be happy to play any team and believe they will win. They may as well go home right now if not.

We've seen what a great manager slav  has been in terms of psychology. Can anyone seriously imagine him suggesting to the team that they'll be alright if they avoid shef weds in the semi and let's hope to get huddersfield in the final? Of course not, he'll be firing them up to believe they'll can beat anyone,  any other attitude would result in defeat in the semis, fear and disappointment.

I also believe that slav and the team will go all out to win on Sunday and make a serious statement of intent. A 5-0 thrashing of Sheffield Wednesday would make us the team to fear, see if we can win the mind games and make other teams fear us. but I sincerely hope there is no talk of preferred opponents for the playoffs in the dressing room. Any team that does that is not up for it. They must believe they can take on any of the other 3, which they can. Why talk otherwise?

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

EastEndWhite

Would like to face Reading in the semis.  Only because it's the closest ground to London.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: EastEndWhite on May 02, 2017, 02:52:00 PM
Would like to face Reading in the semis.  Only because it's the closest ground to London.

I can see this happening, and this will be certainly an interesting two legged affair.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 01, 2017, 09:37:10 PM
Quote from: nose on May 01, 2017, 09:34:24 PM

Glad you are on our Side!
:dead horse:

i am worried by the triumphalism.....  i do not think this will be as clear cut as the media and some posters believe. We lost the title to wigan and lincloln all thoose years ago despite being the best team......  as they say in stingray, anything can happen in the next half hour (replace with two games)..... can't help being very nervous!

filham

No incentive for any of the play off teams to win on Sunday, more important to preserve players for the next match and not to show  play off opponents your current strengths and weaknesses.

Expect some funny team selections.

What ever happened to the rule that clubs had to field their strongest available team under all circumstances.

davew

davew

Quote from: flyingfish on May 02, 2017, 12:24:43 PM
All of this talk of certain teams trying not to win to avoid certain opponents is a load of nonsense in my book. Why on earth would sheffield wednesday try not to win against fulham on Sunday to avoid a playoff semi against them? Such a mindset would be incredibly damaging and mark a team out as 'weak' before a ball has even been kicked, make a team feel likw they arent good enough. Any team with serious promotion aspirations will be happy to play any team and believe they will win. They may as well go home right now if not.

We've seen what a great manager slav  has been in terms of psychology. Can anyone seriously imagine him suggesting to the team that they'll be alright if they avoid shef weds in the semi and let's hope to get huddersfield in the final? Of course not, he'll be firing them up to believe they'll can beat anyone,  any other attitude would result in defeat in the semis, fear and disappointment.

I also believe that slav and the team will go all out to win on Sunday and make a serious statement of intent. A 5-0 thrashing of Sheffield Wednesday would make us the team to fear, see if we can win the mind games and make other teams fear us. but I sincerely hope there is no talk of preferred opponents for the playoffs in the dressing room. Any team that does that is not up for it. They must believe they can take on any of the other 3, which they can. Why talk otherwise?
Sorry to disagree with part of your comment, whatever we do we does not affect who we play, we are 6th and will finish 6th!! If you think none of the other 3 teams above us will not think what can they do to avoid playing us in the play offs, you are naïve, or are they totally stupid, it is only worth 1OOM + or more to whoever goes up!

Glad I posted this topic it makes sense to me anyway, more feedback after the Sunday results!

We will use the match as a training exercise, why do we need to commit to anything else, we are feared already. What are you suggesting, we give 100% get a couple of injuries and maybe a red card?? Relax!!!