watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Rumour/ report - Daniel Clemente. 19 year old goal keeper from Braga has signed for Fulham

Reading eye Aluko rumour
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SG

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 10:27:48 PM
Quote from: SG on July 17, 2017, 10:10:41 PM
No centre forward and no centre half and 3 weeks to go to the start of the season. Given the experience of previous windows we do seem incompetent in these particular transfer dealings
On the Rolan deal, from what I have been told, we gave been proactive, pushing the deal, set a deadline to which the was initially a response and now set a final one since the second visit. We gave impressed not source no end and have not been bullied.

For me that's all good
Understand but it seems every time we have long drawn out negotiations for these positions whilst other clubs are able to land the players they want swiftlynd decisively. We have known we need these positions filled since this time last season and still we are unable to secure the players

Tabby

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 17, 2017, 10:38:12 PM
Rumour/ report - Daniel Clemente. 19 year old goal keeper from Braga has signed for Fulham

Must have impressed during the friendly the other day.

Seems a bit redundant when we have Rodak though, but maybe he'll go out on loan all of next season.

aaronmcguigan

2012/13:    3 out of 6
2013/14:   4 out of 8
2014/15:   6 out of 13
2015/16:   5 out of 9
2016:17:   5 out of 14 (as of Wednesday it'll be 7 out of 14)
2017/18:   3 (assuming Djalo was signed for the first team )

The above is as a comparison of how many players we signed for the first team compared to the total brought in.... as of July 17th . Can't be used as a direct comparison in my eyes as different amount are needed each year, and some haven't been the right buy or at the right time. For fairness and ridiculousness I excluded the pointless signings listed such as Dawber, Soler, signed for the youth team.

I'm also guessing the late surge last year was using the Ross money as his transfer went through at the start of August

What I guess I'm showing is while it's not ideal to not have the players in, history suggests we do around half our business by now. If we get 3/4 more players in by September, we will attain to the average. Last year we had to deal with a lot of new players late in the day as well as getting a new system to suit, whereas I'm thinking this year we have the system and need the players to slot into it, making identification harder but assimilation into the team easier? Just a thought

b+w geezer

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 17, 2017, 11:19:59 PM
Last year we had to deal with a lot of new players late in the day as well as getting a new system to suit, whereas I'm thinking this year we have the system and need the players to slot into it, making identification harder but assimilation into the team easier? Just a thought
Even if it not entirely reassuring (even to you I suspect!) that is very well put. The preceding research is also great. Thanks.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Tabby on July 17, 2017, 11:03:38 PM

Seems a bit redundant when we have Rodak though, but maybe he'll go out on loan all of next season.

Clemente is 6'2" and a half, not particularly big for a Goalkeeper these days, but at 19, he may still have some growing to do.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Quote from: SG on July 17, 2017, 10:56:22 PM
No centre forward and no centre half and 3 weeks to go to the start of the season. Given the experience of previous windows we do seem incompetent in these particular transfer dealings
On the Rolan deal, from what I have been told, we gave been proactive, pushing the deal, set a deadline to which the was initially a response and now set a final one since the second visit. We gave impressed not source no end and have not been bullied.

For me that's all good
Understand but it seems every time we have long drawn out negotiations for these positions whilst other clubs are able to land the players they want swiftlynd decisively. We have known we need these positions filled since this time last season and still we are unable to secure the players
Perhaps it isnt our side and the team we are buying from. Bordeaux hgave known Rolan will be leaving fdor over 6 months but have done nothing to rteplace him until yesterday. We on the other hand contacted Bordeaux in week on of the open market, some deals take times usuallt hose for the better players.

For me it seems some just want to criticise the club, I am sure they know what we need and want to get the best players possible. It is howerver very frustrating for us fans.
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

We have lost Joronen though so maybe makes sense, and to be honest in what I hjave seen on the hilights so far from the pre season games Rodak doesnt feel me with confidence
Every day is a Fulham day

hovewhite

Mince n Tatties

We've signed 16 yo Singapore lad Ben Davies.
Welcome to Fulham Ben,apparently top prospect.
049:gif

hovewhite

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

beijing ben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 18, 2017, 07:39:03 AM
We've signed 16 yo Singapore lad Ben Davies.
Welcome to Fulham Ben,apparently top prospect.
049:gif

We need a report from the Singapore Fulham supporters club..

Wolf

ESPN report Ben Davies has applied to defer his National Service.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 18, 2017, 05:50:47 AM

Clemente is 6'2" and a half, not particularly big for a Goalkeeper these days, but at 19, he may still have some growing to do.
That's what I told myself at 19 too... Shame I never made it to 6'2"!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Chutney

Quote from: SG on July 17, 2017, 10:56:22 PM

For me that's all good
we've needed a striker since last summer.
C O Y W

charliejones141

Rolan not signing. Deal is dead he just didn't fancy the championship. Think we're in trouble for next season. Could even finish bottom half.

Flume

Quote from: charliejones141 on July 18, 2017, 10:21:33 AM
Rolan not signing. Deal is dead he just didn't fancy the championship. Think we're in trouble for next season. Could even finish bottom half.
Source?
In Slav we trust

bencher

Westcliff White does this stack up with your source?

LVBPTS

i call "bs"
Supporter since 2000