https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: bencher on July 18, 2017, 10:25:14 AM
Quote from: charliejones141 on July 18, 2017, 10:21:33 AM
Rolan not signing. Deal is dead he just didn't fancy the championship. Think we're in trouble for next season. Could even finish bottom half.

Westcliff White does this stack up with your source?
Nope not at all.

I had a quick update this morning, basically we have given a deadline for the deal to move forward and are sticking to it. Player isnt adverse to coming to the championship but would prefer to play in the top division of which ever country he plays in. He sees recognises that we are a team that could give that too him next season, however with it being a world cup season he is (uunderstandbaly) wanting to make sure it is right for him and his family.

More info from past is - Newcastle have registered an interest and wish to make a bid if their targets are not forthcoming (remember they agreed a deal for murphy yesterday for 12 million, Bordeaux also signed a forward yesterday similar stuyle to rolan), then they would firm that interest up by matching our offer. This adds to hthe indecision from Rolan, he has to decide does he say no and hope they come in for him, Bordeaux will be selling this year unless both parties have a change of heart as his deal runs out at the end of this coming season

I will be getting a better update later today, but as I say I pass on the info I get. For me this deal is 50/50 I say that as it ihas taken longer then normal and from both sides they have to move on at some point. We have furthered other offers and talks with othe rplayers so still moving ahead.
Every day is a Fulham day

Marcel_Gecov

We will not finish in the bottom half purely because Rolan hasn't joined. Last season the team against Newcastle included Madl, Tunnicliffe and Smith none of whom started more than 25% of the remaining matches that season. Johansen I don't think had joined yet and was worth the wait.

Whilst in an ideal world we would be sorted in the next 18 days, in this market it's unrealistic. The guys behind the scenes last summer are the same this and the format in regards to signings is the same. The Rolan deal if it comes off is great, if not we will end up with someone like Enrich who we would have been happy with last season.

If the situation is the same in a month then we can panic :)

HamsterWheel

At this point last year we'd not yet signed Malone, Johansen or McDonald. Or Chris Martin.
So just a bit early to get too grumpy about lack of signings? Especially when we've already "signed" Cairney, Sessegnon, Piazon, Marcelo and Cisse.

bencher

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 18, 2017, 10:35:03 AM
We will not finish in the bottom half purely because Rolan hasn't joined. Last season the team against Newcastle included Madl, Tunnicliffe and Smith none of whom started more than 25% of the remaining matches that season. Johansen I don't think had joined yet and was worth the wait.

Whilst in an ideal world we would be sorted in the next 18 days, in this market it's unrealistic. The guys behind the scenes last summer are the same this and the format in regards to signings is the same. The Rolan deal if it comes off is great, if not we will end up with someone like Enrich who we would have been happy with last season.

For me, we need both Rolan and Enrich, or two strikers of similar quality. One wasn't enough last year, won't be this year.

hovewhite

Think you end up frustrated more by reading this thread,i know it winds me up.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: bencher on July 18, 2017, 10:38:35 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 18, 2017, 10:35:03 AM

For me, we need both Rolan and Enrich, or two strikers of similar quality. One wasn't enough last year, won't be this year.

Totally agree - if we can afford both then that would be the ideal. I can realistically see Rolan or Enrich (or similar) plus an up and coming loan striker in the Isaiah Brown template. Those two + Woodrow + the rotating Kebano, Ayite, Aluko is actually pretty strong.

bencher

Quote from: Statto on July 18, 2017, 10:45:37 AM
I agree we're not going to finish in the bottom half just because Rolan doesn't sign, don't be silly, but I still think it highly highly desirable and more importantly, possible, that we sign a good forward before the start of the season (ideally a good week before) not at the end of August. We have to recognise the importance of those 5 games and be prepared to pay a premium to expedite a deal.

Can't see us signing two big name strikers (e.g. Both rolan and enrich) however, not in a million years

Why should the price of a striker be higher in July than late August? Wouldn't selling clubs know we have nowhere to turn in late August and be able to squeeze more out of the buyer?

rweller86

Quote from: bencher on July 18, 2017, 10:52:22 AM
I agree we're not going to finish in the bottom half just because Rolan doesn't sign, don't be silly, but I still think it highly highly desirable and more importantly, possible, that we sign a good forward before the start of the season (ideally a good week before) not at the end of August. We have to recognise the importance of those 5 games and be prepared to pay a premium to expedite a deal.

Can't see us signing two big name strikers (e.g. Both rolan and enrich) however, not in a million years

Why should the price of a striker be higher in July than late August? Wouldn't selling clubs know we have nowhere to turn in late August and be able to squeeze more out of the buyer?
Depends on the player. If the club. want to offload him, likely to get a better deal later on. If the club would prefer to keep him, the price would go up later on.
@rweller

Balham Boy

I do hope Assombalonga wasn't one of SJ's targets overruled by the stats guys.

£14m is expensive but, he's only 24 and a proven Championship goal scorer with 14 goals in an average Forest team last year.

Mitch

Big risk with his injury record at a young age. Worth a punt of Boro's parachute money, but not for a club with tighter FFP restrictions.

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on July 18, 2017, 11:32:02 AM

If that's true then all the more reason to do the deal in July. In reality I think the desperation cuts both ways and both buyers and sellers, and players/agents, are more flexible in the late stages of the window hence more deals are done at that stage. Take rolan for example, keeping us waiting at the moment because he wants to see if Newcastle come in for him, what would happen if we just said here's an extra £10k on your salary? He'd probably just sign now.
I thnk also Bordeaux are hoping for more money from the deal, they almost got 17 million euros last summer but now stand to make 6 million euros, they would like more (even though he has just a year on his contract) and hope Newcastle would offer that, are they willing to lose the cash we offer though? big question that.

Apparently Rolans head is all over the place and just wants it sorted

PokerMatt

What's the saying? A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

There's a contract offer on the table and an accepted bid. The other interest is 'we'll go for you if we can't find better'. That's essentially his stance with us. If that's messed with his head then have a think about what you're putting the club through and sign the bloody deal.

A club that has put everything into pursuing you or a club that feels they'll have to settle for you. Which will treat you better, I wonder.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 11:34:47 AM

If that's true then all the more reason to do the deal in July. In reality I think the desperation cuts both ways and both buyers and sellers, and players/agents, are more flexible in the late stages of the window hence more deals are done at that stage. Take rolan for example, keeping us waiting at the moment because he wants to see if Newcastle come in for him, what would happen if we just said here's an extra £10k on your salary? He'd probably just sign now.
I thnk also Bordeaux are hoping for more money from the deal, they almost got 17 million euros last summer but now stand to make 6 million euros, they would like more (even though he has just a year on his contract) and hope Newcastle would offer that, are they willing to lose the cash we offer though? big question that.

Any idea on what salary we have offered? Any chance we can't just add 5k a week to it and close it off? Working in recruitment myself I know that often in a counter offer situation\ standoff like this sometimes one party needs to throw money in in order to push the deal through. Perhaps this will be enough.

westcliff white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 18, 2017, 11:41:46 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 11:34:47 AM

Any idea on what salary we have offered? Any chance we can't just add 5k a week to it and close it off? Working in recruitment myself I know that often in a counter offer situation\ standoff like this sometimes one party needs to throw money in in order to push the deal through. Perhaps this will be enough.
i have no idea about the finances

westcliff white

Quote from: PokerMatt on July 18, 2017, 11:39:59 AM

There's a contract offer on the table and an accepted bid. The other interest is 'we'll go for you if we can't find better'. That's essentially his stance with us. If that's messed with his head then have a think about what you're putting the club through and sign the bloody deal.

A club that has put everything into pursuing you or a club that feels they'll have to settle for you. Which will treat you better, I wonder.
It isnt just his stance with us, its the selling club as well, if they dont wish to conclude it wont matter either way

PokerMatt

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 11:43:34 AM

It isnt just his stance with us, its the selling club as well, if they dont wish to conclude it wont matter either way
But from your info Newcastle have agreed to match the offer not beat it. So not sure what's in it for them if he goes to Newcastle instead. Maybe I misunderstood.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

FFC1987

I thought Bordeux were happy and it was solely down to teh player at this stage?

westcliff white

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 18, 2017, 11:44:48 AM

I thought Bordeux were happy and it was solely down to teh player at this stage?
Bordeaux are happy  with the offer yes, but they would like more (all clubs would), so they maybe prepared to wait for newcastle, but how long are they prepared to wait? are they willing to lose our bid and then potentially be left with a reducing asset.

Rolan is happy as well, but in his defence he wants to play in a countries top division so he can enhance his world cup prospects, that I can understand to a degree. Although playing for us is going to get him attention anyway

Marcel_Gecov

Hearing that Rolan has agreed to join but now Bordeaux are messing us around. How does that work then? If the deal is agreed  then surely it's done? Unless he is simply delaying the signing off of the deal for a few hours to see what comes of it...?

Come on Fulham, get Rolan in by lunchtime, Kalas by afternoon tea and a cheeky loan deal for Adrian by dinner and I can be in the pub by the evening toasting a good day's work.

westcliff white

Quote from: PokerMatt on July 18, 2017, 11:44:48 AM

But from your info Newcastle have agreed to match the offer not beat it. So not sure what's in it for them if he goes to Newcastle instead. Maybe I misunderstood.
Ok then I phrased it badly they have agreed to at least nmatch the offer, they are willing to pay a little premium if they can hold off until they know about their targets.

Its a small amount in reality but heyho