https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Nero on July 18, 2017, 01:21:11 PM
Quote from: Birmingham White on July 18, 2017, 12:54:53 PM
Does anyone else think Aluko's agent might be trying to engineer a move? First the HITC story saying he wants a prem. move and then rumours of a Reading bid. Meanwhile we are linked to two wingers (Max Gradel and Jamie Murphy). I really hope he stays as he was a big player for us last year.

With 1 year left on his contract hes probably angling for a new contract,

There's option for an additional year which certainly should be triggered.

aaronmcguigan

True but I think many players , invfluenced by agents, will be thinking their performance last season merits better pay, considering they arrived at a club that finished 20th, they can intimate that they agreed to wages for a 20th placed team and now they want 6th place wages.

Life does t work like that but agents will find a way inevitably

Mince n Tatties

Getting silly now on here,you'd think this bloke was Ronaldo not Ronan...Tell the 9 goal wonder to hop it.

westcliff white

M&T i think thats bascially what we are telling them
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

I keep reading from some to chill out and so,we didn't sign so and so last season till the window nearly closed.
That's true but just because it worked out once doesn't mean it will again..There might not be anyone half decent left to buy in  months time..Coyw

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 18, 2017, 01:43:41 PM
I keep reading from some to chill out and so,we didn't sign so and so last season till the window nearly closed.
That's true but just because it worked out once doesn't mean it will again..There might not be anyone half decent left to buy in  months time..Coyw

Equally players that aren't available now may become surplus to requirements over time as their teams purchase replacements. It's all a big chess game.

westcliff white

very true M&T, we would all like them done and dusted, but if we did that some would still moan we didnt sign anyone on deadline day etc.

twang

Surely this can't be true? The last thing we need is another winger.

FULHAM AGREE OJO LOAN

Fulham have agreed a deal with Liverpool to take Sheyi Ojo on loan, according to Sky sources.

The England U21 international must now decide between a move to Craven Cottage, Middlesbrough and Newcastle.

Holders

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 18, 2017, 01:46:28 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 18, 2017, 01:43:41 PM

Equally players that aren't available now may become surplus to requirements over time as their teams purchase replacements. It's all a big chess game.

Or dominos - one happens triggering a series of others. If players wait till the last minute for their best options then many transfers will be later than we'd ideally like them to be.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

therealjaybee

Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 01:48:23 PM

FULHAM AGREE OJO LOAN

Fulham have agreed a deal with Liverpool to take Sheyi Ojo on loan, according to Sky sources.

The England U21 international must now decide between a move to Craven Cottage, Middlesbrough and Newcastle.

Would quite like to see Ojo with us though! Great backup and rotation. He's a decent prospect

Ordar

Why on earth would we need another player that can play wide?

We currently have : Sess, Fredericks, Kebano, Ayite, Kavanagh, and Aluko, all of who are naturally wide players. Plus if Cisse is first team, then one of Johansen or Cairney is going to be shoved wide (unless we change formation)

missed Piazon and Williams

westcliff white

Quote from: Ordar on July 18, 2017, 01:52:06 PM

We currently have : Sess, Fredericks, Kabano, Ayite, Kavanagh, and Aluko, all of who are naturally wide players. Plus if Cisse is first team, then one of Johansen or Cairney is going to be shoved wide (unless we change formation)
Cisse wont start for me. Back up to KMAC. If not and we put TC wide we have shot ourselves in the foot, same can apply to SJ

twang

Quote from: therealjaybee on July 18, 2017, 01:50:22 PM
Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 01:48:23 PM

FULHAM AGREE OJO LOAN

Would quite like to see Ojo with us though! Great backup and rotation. He's a decent prospect

We've already got plenty of wingers for rotation in Aluko, Ayité, Kebano, Piazon and Sessegnon. And if push comes to shove then we've got our own youngsters in Edun, de la Torre and Williams.

Ordar

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 01:53:06 PM

We currently have : Sess, Fredericks, Kabano, Ayite, Kavanagh, and Aluko, all of who are naturally wide players. Plus if Cisse is first team, then one of Johansen or Cairney is going to be shoved wide (unless we change formation)
Cisse wont start for me. Back up to KMAC. If not and we put TC wide we have shot ourselves in the foot, same can apply to SJ

Oh I agree, putting SJ or TC wide wouldnt be what I'd do, but I reckon Cisse will start, and cant see KMac being dropped

Mince n Tatties

We currently have : Sess, Fredericks, Kebano, Ayite, Kavanagh, and Aluko, all of who are naturally wide players. Plus if Cisse is first team, then one of Johansen or Cairney is going to be shoved wide (unless we change formation)

Aluko...going
Fredrick's...Watford
Ayite....Hit n miss.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 01:47:05 PM
very true M&T, we would all like them done and dusted, but if we did that some would still moan we didnt sign anyone on deadline day etc.

Yes that's correct.

westcliff white

Quote from: Ordar on July 18, 2017, 01:54:30 PM

Oh I agree, putting SJ or TC wide wouldnt be what I'd do, but I reckon Cisse will start, and cant see KMac being dropped
but if he starts then a formation change is required

Chutney

Quote from: Ordar on July 18, 2017, 01:54:30 PM

We can't play Cisse Kmac Cairney and Johansen, unless we fancy going back to the dreaded Diamond.... I'd imagine Cisse was signed as a back up, much like pestos before, especially necessary now that Parker has gone. He will be useful as an option but I can't see any of our central midfielders being dropped for him right now.
C O Y W

therealjaybee

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 18, 2017, 01:54:42 PM

Aluko...going
Fredrick's...Watford
Ayite....Hit n miss.

Agreed really

Sessegnon - Starting LW
Fredericks - Staring RB
Kebano - Bench
Ayite - Would like to replace him
Kavanagh - No chance he's going to be in the side
Aluko - Starting RW but possibly leaving

Cisse will be backup CM
Johansen, TC and KMac will be starting in a central 3
Piazon will be Bench and backup for midfield and wingers

Rolan (or another striker) will take the solo ST spot.

I wouldn't for a second believe that we couldn't be strengthened by brining in another winger/midfielder, especially an England U20 international

PokerMatt

Follow me: @mattdjourno