watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rweller86

The Club can confirm that Lasse Vigen Christensen has joined Brøndby IF for an undisclosed fee.

The midfielder returns to Denmark having arrived at Fulham from FC Midtjylland in January 2012.

Last season the 22-year-old went on loan to Burton Albion with fellow Fulham teammate Cauley Woodrow in January and the pair helped the Brewers remain in the Sky Bet Championship.

Christensen also spent the summer captaining the Denmark Under-21 team that competed in the European Championships in Poland.

Since making his debut against Norwich City in the F.A. Cup back in January 2014 he has gone on to make 68 appearances for Fulham across all competitions, scoring seven goals.

Everyone at the Club would like to thank Lasse for his time spent at Fulham and wish him all the best in his return to Denmark.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/18/christensen-departs
@rweller

therealjaybee

Quote from: PokerMatt on July 18, 2017, 02:02:07 PM
LVC gone to brondby. Wow that's a shame.

Just saw this. Definitely is a shame. Wonder if this is brought about to get some extra cash to fund the Rolan deal?

Ordar

Cisse was over 2m though. I cant see us spending that kind of money on a back up DM

westcliff white

agree it is Matt, shame he didnt get back to the form he showed before his injuries.
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Ordar on July 18, 2017, 02:03:23 PM
Cisse was over 2m though. I cant see us spending that kind of money on a back up DM
was 1.75 with a few add ons, who do you drop then? if not KMAC, SJ or TV it has to be a wide player.

I think he was bought to add to the squad to give us depth and rotation for games where we need it.

All in all i think its good as this chat shows we have a lot to choose form

PokerMatt

Really thought he could be big for us when he broke through. As you say he never quite got back to that, but realistically didn't get much more of a look in.

We seem to be running out of first team players who are home grown.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Ordar

Shame to see LVC go. I thought he was going to be huge for us, but as others have said, was never the same since the injury. I wish him well

westcliff white

he got some games under Kit but never set the world alight, as he had before when we were all raving about him.

Ordar

I know the LVC transfer is officially undisclosed, but has anyone seen/heard anything about an approx fee?

bencher

I always liked LVC and willed him to succeed, but he needed to be playing first team football, and we couldn't give him that. Disappointed that another of our youth prospects has moved on without becoming a regular in the long-term, but his goals against SW and HT will live long in the memory in otherwise dark times.

Mince n Tatties

Yes lost his way after injury,wasn't that great at Burton.
Change of scene might bring him luck.

Ordar

We're running out of players to sell lol

The only players I could see us considering selling are:

Button/Betts, Odoi, Sigurdsson, Kav, Williams, Woodrow

AlexW132

I'm very disappointed we're selling LVC, especially as we could have got £5m from Villa for him 2 years ago

twang

Perfect squad player, with great potential, for positions we basically don't have any cover.

But nah, let's get rid off him. Good call Fulham!

Arthur

Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 02:13:01 PM
Perfect squad player, with great potential, for positions we basically don't have any cover.

What's to say we got rid of him? No less likely, in my view, that Lasse, himself, didn't fancy spending another season with the prospect of little, if any, first XI football. Maybe he wanted to be somewhere where he stood a better chance of playing regularly and the Club decided that it would serve no useful purpose to stand in his way.

bencher

I wonder if we had the sense to insert a buyback clause into the deal for LVC, in case he does come good again...

twang

Quote from: Arthur on July 18, 2017, 02:25:28 PM

What's to say we got rid of him? No less likely, in my view, that Lasse, himself, didn't fancy spending another season with the prospect of little, if any, first XI football. Maybe he wanted to be somewhere where he stood a better chance of playing regularly and the Club decided that it would serve no useful purpose to stand in his way.

He's the only senior central midfielder in the squad except for Cairney and Johansen.

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 02:32:18 PM

He's the only senior central midfielder in the squad except for Cairney and Johansen.
KMAC and Cisse? They are central midfielders are they not?

twang

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 02:32:55 PM
Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 02:32:18 PM

KMAC and Cisse? They are central midfielders are they not?

Mainly defensive midfielders. Could possibly do a job in the positions further up but not their natural positions.

Chutney

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 02:05:06 PM
Quote from: Ordar on July 18, 2017, 02:03:23 PM
was 1.75 with a few add ons, who do you drop then? if not KMAC, SJ or TV it has to be a wide player.

I think he was bought to add to the squad to give us depth and rotation for games where we need it.

All in all i think its good as this chat shows we have a lot to choose form

£2mil is not a lot of money, about right for a good squad player.
C O Y W