watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flume

Does Slavisa's position as 'First Team Head Coach' instead of 'Manager' mean that he has limited control over both transfers in and out? We all know about the two boxes ticked system for transfers in but the club hasnt revealed the process of selling players so, my thought is that maybe Slav has limited control over who leaves as well
In Slav we trust

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 02:41:15 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 02:32:55 PM
Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 02:32:18 PM
Quote from: Arthur on July 18, 2017, 02:25:28 PM
Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 02:13:01 PM
Perfect squad player, with great potential, for positions we basically don't have any cover.

But nah, let's get rid off him. Good call Fulham!

What's to say we got rid of him? No less likely, in my view, that Lasse, himself, didn't fancy spending another season with the prospect of little, if any, first XI football. Maybe he wanted to be somewhere where he stood a better chance of playing regularly and the Club decided that it would serve no useful purpose to stand in his way.

He's the only senior central midfielder in the squad except for Cairney and Johansen.
KMAC and Cisse? They are central midfielders are they not?

Mainly defensive midfielders. Could possibly do a job in the positions further up but not their natural positions.

Kevin Mcdonald was played further forward in his early days and scored a few for Wolves played there. Also in one season at Dundee he scored 11 so there is precedent that he could do a job further forward.

Tabby

Quote from: Flume on July 18, 2017, 02:44:36 PM
Does Slavisa's position as 'First Team Head Coach' instead of 'Manager' mean that he has limited control over both transfers in and out? We all know about the two boxes ticked system for transfers in but the club hasnt revealed the process of selling players so, my thought is that maybe Slav has limited control over who leaves

He didn't play Lasse when he was here, I doubt he would object overly much to selling him.

Think Slav would rather play Adernian or Edun than LVC.

Carborundum

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 18, 2017, 02:44:41 PM
Perfect squad player, with great potential, for positions we basically don't have any cover.

What's to say we got rid of him? No less likely, in my view, that Lasse, himself, didn't fancy spending another season with the prospect of little, if any, first XI football. Maybe he wanted to be somewhere where he stood a better chance of playing regularly and the Club decided that it would serve no useful purpose to stand in his way.

He's the only senior central midfielder in the squad except for Cairney and Johansen.

Mainly defensive midfielders. Could possibly do a job in the positions further up but not their natural positions.

Kevin Mcdonald was played further forward in his early days and scored a few for Wolves played there. Also in one season at Dundee he scored 11 so there is precedent that he could do a job further forward.

At the rate we are going KMacs going to be one of our starting centre halves in  two and a bit weeks time.  Have to say he could be good at it and he gives the impression he'd enjoy it too.

HillingdonFFC

Sheyi Ojo , us & Boro favourites to take him on year loan. NUFC interested but think Liverpool want him to get games under his belt.
I think I remember him being a real handful against us for Wolves

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Flume on July 18, 2017, 02:44:36 PM
Does Slavisa's position as 'First Team Head Coach' instead of 'Manager' mean that he has limited control over both transfers in and out? We all know about the two boxes ticked system for transfers in but the club hasnt revealed the process of selling players so, my thought is that maybe Slav has limited control over who leaves as well

By not playing LVC he effectively does have a say in who gets sold.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

e4b

Conversely he does have a say in who is bought. If he doesn't like them he doesn't play them.

twang

Regardless, they are still the only defensive midfielders on our books and will be needed to fill that position.

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 03:37:04 PM

Regardless, they are still the only defensive midfielders on our books and will be needed to fill that position.
I class them as central midfielders, not into all these fifa positions personally.

But sort of see what you mean
Every day is a Fulham day

Marcel_Gecov

People are freaking out on Twitter after LVC sale (the guy played a total of 49 mins last year) and some are suggesting a bottom half finish. However let's see the squad as it stands:

1   GK   Marcus Bettinelli
2   DF   Ryan Fredericks
4   DF   Denis Odoi
6   MF   Kevin McDonald
7   MF   Neeskens Kebano
10   MF   Tom Cairney (captain)
11   MF   Floyd Ayité
13   DF   Tim Ream
14   MF   Stefan Johansen
15   DF   Michael Madl
16   FW   Cauley Woodrow
17   DF   Ragnar Sigurðsson
24   FW   Sone Aluko
27   GK   David Button
30   DF   Ryan Sessegnon
32   MF   Sean Kavanagh
—   DF   Marcelo Djalo
—   DF   Ibrahima Cissé
—   FW   Lucas Piazon (on loan from Chelsea)

Other than the loss of Malone & Kalas (which can be rectified quickly if rumours are true) we haven't lost anybody from the squad who would be viewed as a huge loss - when you consider how that squad could look if Cairney and Sessegnon had gone then I think that's pretty cool.

We can assume that with maybe the exception of a goalkeeper and hopefully Kav the rest of the team will be staying put. Therefore the plan to build onto the platform from last year is still clearly realistic. All we've lost is deadwood.

In the next 14 days we could ideally do with signing 3 more players - striker, centre back, goalkeeper to get us shipshape for Day 1 and then take stock and supplement where needed. 

twang

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 03:39:06 PM
Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 03:37:04 PM

I class them as central midfielders, not into all these fifa positions personally.

But sort of see what you mean

It was an attempt to differentiate the positions of Cairney/Johansen and McDonald. Even though they're all midfielders that play centrally, McDonald's role is completely different while Johansen's and Cairney's are pretty similar but not identical. Nothing to do with Fifa positions.

Allestree andy

Fulham have signed Portuguese goalkeeper Daniel Clemente from Braga, according to the player's agent.

The 19 year-old, who has been with Braga since the summer of 2010, has been signed largely as goalkeeping cover for Fulham's Under 23 squad, following Jesse Joronen's decision to move on at the end of his contract. Slavisa Jokanovic is still rumoured to be keen to bring in a senior goalkeeper before the start of the season.

Clemente, who has largely been used in Braga's 'B' squad over the past two seasons, was considered a promising youth goalkeeper and earned one cap for Portugal's Under 16 squad – although his development was hindered by a series of niggling injuries. He has been pictured on social media wearing Fulham training gear having reportedly completed the formalities of signing with the Championship club, but there has been no official announcement yet.
Share this post:

Well thoughts anyone
To the limit and beyond

Twig

Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 01:48:23 PM
Surely this can't be true? The last thing we need is another winger.

FULHAM AGREE OJO LOAN

Fulham have agreed a deal with Liverpool to take Sheyi Ojo on loan, according to Sky sources.

The England U21 international must now decide between a move to Craven Cottage, Middlesbrough and Newcastle.

Just saw this, not another bloody loan.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Twig on July 18, 2017, 03:56:41 PM
Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 01:48:23 PM
Surely this can't be true? The last thing we need is another winger.

FULHAM AGREE OJO LOAN

Fulham have agreed a deal with Liverpool to take Sheyi Ojo on loan, according to Sky sources.

The England U21 international must now decide between a move to Craven Cottage, Middlesbrough and Newcastle.

Just saw this, not another bloody loan.

I suggest if this is deal is done that it kills off the Jamie Murphy to Fulham rumour.

Twig

Quote from: Allestree andy on July 18, 2017, 03:55:40 PM
Fulham have signed Portuguese goalkeeper Daniel Clemente from Braga, according to the player's agent.

The 19 year-old, who has been with Braga since the summer of 2010, has been signed largely as goalkeeping cover for Fulham's Under 23 squad, following Jesse Joronen's decision to move on at the end of his contract. Slavisa Jokanovic is still rumoured to be keen to bring in a senior goalkeeper before the start of the season.

Clemente, who has largely been used in Braga's 'B' squad over the past two seasons, was considered a promising youth goalkeeper and earned one cap for Portugal's Under 16 squad – although his development was hindered by a series of niggling injuries. He has been pictured on social media wearing Fulham training gear having reportedly completed the formalities of signing with the Championship club, but there has been no official announcement yet.
Share this post:

Well thoughts anyone

Too young and inexperienced to be first team cover so I assume he is a prospect for the future?

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 18, 2017, 03:41:29 PM
People are freaking out on Twitter after LVC sale (the guy played a total of 49 mins last year) and some are suggesting a bottom half finish. However let's see the squad as it stands:

2   DF   Ryan Fredericks
4   DF   Denis Odoi
6   MF   Kevin McDonald
7   MF   Neeskens Kebano
11   MF   Floyd Ayité
13   DF   Tim Ream
15   DF   Michael Madl
16   FW   Cauley Woodrow
24   FW   Sone Aluko
27   GK   David Button
30   DF   Ryan Sessegnon
32   MF   Sean Kavanagh
—   DF   Marcelo Djalo
—   DF   Ibrahima Cissé

Other than the loss of Malone & Kalas (which can be rectified quickly if rumours are true) we haven't lost anybody from the squad who would be viewed as a huge loss - when you consider how that squad could look if Cairney and Sessegnon had gone then I think that's pretty cool.

We can assume that with maybe the exception of a goalkeeper and hopefully Kav the rest of the team will be staying put. Therefore the plan to build onto the platform from last year is still clearly realistic. All we've lost is deadwood.

In the next 14 days we could ideally do with signing 3 more players - striker, centre back, goalkeeper to get us shipshape for Day 1 and then take stock and supplement where needed. 

Thanks for the perspective. People really get lost at times.

For example, we got Sone Aluko on a free last year, and if rumors are true we could sell. If we get anywhere near $4MM for him, I think we HAVE to sell. It was the same with Malone, 3.5MM for a player we essentially got on a free (Jazz Richards is basically a free).

Joka always talks about keeping the squad small and focused. Small to me means 22 - 25 players. How is this sorted now?

Betts, Butts
Freddy, Odoi, Sess, (Ream), (Cisse)
Ream, Madl, Sigurd, Djalo
Mcdonald, Cairney, Johansen, Cisse, (Piazon)
Kebano, Ayite, Aluko, Piazon, Sess
Woodrow, (Aluko)

I count 19 players there (non bracketed). Could see Sigurd, Aluko, Kavanagh, and Woodrow (loan) leaving. So that's 16. Plus goaltending is in question.

Lots to be done, but in the club I trust. They did the business last summer, and should have no difficulty this summer.

#COYW

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Porthogs FC on July 18, 2017, 04:03:04 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 18, 2017, 03:41:29 PM

2   DF   Ryan Fredericks
4   DF   Denis Odoi
6   MF   Kevin McDonald
7   MF   Neeskens Kebano
11   MF   Floyd Ayité
13   DF   Tim Ream
15   DF   Michael Madl
16   FW   Cauley Woodrow
24   FW   Sone Aluko
27   GK   David Button
30   DF   Ryan Sessegnon
32   MF   Sean Kavanagh
—   DF   Marcelo Djalo
—   DF   Ibrahima Cissé

Thanks for the perspective. People really get lost at times.

For example, we got Sone Aluko on a free last year, and if rumors are true we could sell. If we get anywhere near $4MM for him, I think we HAVE to sell. It was the same with Malone, 3.5MM for a player we essentially got on a free (Jazz Richards is basically a free).

Joka always talks about keeping the squad small and focused. Small to me means 22 - 25 players. How is this sorted now?

Betts, Butts
Freddy, Odoi, Sess, (Ream), (Cisse)
Ream, Madl, Sigurd, Djalo
Mcdonald, Cairney, Johansen, Cisse, (Piazon)
Kebano, Ayite, Aluko, Piazon, Sess
Woodrow, (Aluko)

I count 19 players there (non bracketed). Could see Sigurd, Aluko, Kavanagh, and Woodrow (loan) leaving. So that's 16. Plus goaltending is in question.

Lots to be done, but in the club I trust. They did the business last summer, and should have no difficulty this summer.

#COYW

When you view it like that you can see that goalkeeper, Cb and striker is the focus taking us to 22 in real terms and 19 if the players youve suggested move on... then we can focus on getting 2-3 quality signings and we are good to go. Ojo potentially is one of these already if he agrees to join. Also one wonders whether players like De La Torre and the other Sess twin can get into contention and bulk the squad out initially for cup games and late sub appearances.

f321ffc

DONE DEAL: West Ham have signed Joe Hart on an initial season-long loan from Manchester City.
But will we get their keeper in on loan?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

TXWhite

WW - still no update? Seeing Newcastle fans starting to talk a lot more about Rolan now...

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: TXWhite on July 18, 2017, 05:46:56 PM
WW - still no update? Seeing Newcastle fans starting to talk a lot more about Rolan now...

One of the journos who works for the Newcastle Chronicle (Lee Ryder) picked up on the story today, but he didn't say anything with regard to there being a firm bid etc. he basically just repeated what we already know in that they have an interest in him and Rolan would prefer Newcastle to us.