watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Pringle was one of the first stat signings based on crosses he put in andnjow accurate they were for Rotherham, he wasn't a kit signing per say. Thankfully our stats system seems to have improved since then
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 07:05:14 AM
Pringle was one of the first stat signings based on crosses he put in andnjow accurate they were for Rotherham, he wasn't a kit signing per say. Thankfully our stats system seems to have improved since then

Might have been Stats,but Kit stated player he'd admired and been after...Pringle was an example of the players I was stating to our Foreign Correspondent Jolslover...lol

Mince n Tatties

Madl off to Legia Warsaw according to Sky.
Will he play tonight?

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 15, 2017, 07:12:59 AM

Might have been Stats,but Kit stated player he'd admired and been after...Pringle was an example of the players I was stating to our Foreign Correspondent Jolslover...lol
Personally i think you need to get the players that suit how you wish to play, be that form home or abroad doesnt bother me. Generally the players form abraod are a little cheaper and I guess thats why we shop for most of our singings there. I am not overly bothered a slong as they can play well. To gowith this I dont care if they have champinship, league one, ligue 1, premier league or non league experince as long as they are good enough and suit and can play how the manager wants them too

As for Kit your right he did say that but could hardly say anything else, he was on borrowed time from day one. Sad but true.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 07:17:58 AM

Personally i think you need to get the players that suit how you wish to play, be that form home or abroad doesnt bother me. Generally the players form abraod are a little cheaper and I guess thats why we shop for most of our singings there. I am not overly bothered a slong as they can play well. To gowith this I dont care if they have champinship, league one, ligue 1, premier league or non league experince as long as they are good enough and suit and can play how the manager wants them too

As for Kit youyr right he did say that but could hardly say anything else, he was on borrowed time from day one. Sad but true.

This present set up has a one track mind though,people on here seem to have forgotten about Pestos,Jozabed,Sigg,Cyriac, need I go on?
There are players in our league one who are just as good as them I should think.
I'm all for top foreign players coming,so much wished We'd got Mounie,not just buying abroad just because they are cheaper, what good is that if they aren't up to the job.

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 15, 2017, 07:28:06 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 07:17:58 AM

As for Kit youyr right he did say that but could hardly say anything else, he was on borrowed time from day one. Sad but true.

This present set up has a one track mind though,people on here seem to have forgotten about Pestos,Jozabed,Sigg,Cyriac, need I go on?
There are players in our league one who are just as good as them I should think.
I'm all for top foreign players coming,so much wished We'd got Mounie,not just buying abroad just because they are cheaper, what good is that if they aren't up to the job.
And you right, there are players here as good as those you mentioned, but those you mention were not good enough in my opinion, I said when Cyriac joined (you may not remember) I would be surprised if he made it here. We need players better than those that is why there time was limited on the pitch.

Again there are players here and abroad that are better and are acheivable for us and they are the ones we should target, Bennet, Bryan (Bristol City player) and Poundje are all good left backs, my choice woulf be Bryan but reckon he is the dearest out of the lot.

I know what you get at when saying if they want to be here etc, but look at it from thier perspective you want the best you can get and therefore it is right that they look around, Saha did the same before coming so the Van Der Sar we were lucky we had Tigana then to seal the deal as they came because of him not because of FFC. Regarding Poundje, he was (the last I heard before htis week) very keen to come and play for us, there were some small issues with his medical (which we sent him back to have addressed and looked at due to his medical history), the first I herard that we could not convince the player was in the media reports yesterday that isnt what I had heard at all and finally the pricing as it was a deal for two players.

But like I say Bryan would be my choice and striker wise well I think we need 2 and not sure who we should go for right now as I think Waris is almost certain not to come as thats gone oh so very quiet (watch that now come alive today lol)

Tabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 15, 2017, 06:39:12 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 15, 2017, 12:27:54 AM
Championship experience is such a myth. Look at Wolves. 2 wins from 2 with a manger new to the league and a team of players new to the league...
The season when we signed players with championship experience we nearly went down.

You and this silly argument you keep coming up with.
Them useless players were signed by Kit,we've moved on to a higher standard of Championship player,or can't you remember where we signed Mac and Malone from .. fp.gif
Your argument makes out as if your comparing Kit to Slava,do you think our current boss would sign Pringle and co.. Hilarious.

Slavisa has been complaining about not getting to choose players since the start though. This would lead me to believe that the thing that made us move on the the higher standard Championship players was the much maligned stat boy.

Kmac had been a long term target, and I'd be extremely surprised if Slavisa actually asked for Scott Malone in a swap deal for Jazz Richards.

fulhamfan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 15, 2017, 07:14:33 AM
Will he play tonight?
why are we getting rid of everyone and not replacing them :(

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamross on August 15, 2017, 08:11:42 AM
Will he play tonight?
I had heard Madl wants to leave as he wants to play first team football, wouldnt be sure he is going before tonights game. My guess is Odoi or DJalo tonight as they are seemingly ahead of Madl at present (makes sense if he wants to leave)

Roberty

Will he play tonight?

Apart from Malone - the ones we're getting rid of are the ones that do not get picked to play - except maybe in the cup - I'm hoping the ones we have brought in will be more to SJ's liking and make it onto the pitch occasionally
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

HillingdonFFC

How much would Cardiff take for Zohore & Bennett?. Guessing a lot more than we've got available to spend, although Cardiff strapped for cash at the mo.
Its funny how a little run of form can transform a player & massively increase his transfer value. I did a bit of checking up on Zohore last season after he ran us ragged at theirs. Incredible the amount of Cardiff fans who never rated him as being up to much. A few months later when he settled they were raving about him.
To kind of answer my original question I'd say they'd want at least £10m maybe a lot more .

westcliff white

they were rumoured to have quoted someone over the summer 15 million plus for Zohore

Baszab

There weren't any "Kit signings" - he and the scouts identified loads of players but all decisions were made by the Stats team and they knew considerably less then than they do now - only O'Hara got signed outside of the stats model as he pleaded with KS and FFC to ressurect his career and trialled for quite a long time first

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 08:18:33 AM
Will he play tonight?
I had heard Madl wants to leave as he wants to play first team football, wouldnt be sure he is going before tonights game. My guess is Odoi or DJalo tonight as they are seemingly ahead of Madl at present (makes sense if he wants to leave)
which is an example of how difficult it can be to have (and keep them happy) good quality reserves, let alone players we expect to be just as good as the starting XI.
Just the views of a long term fan

Roberty

Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2017, 10:03:29 AM
Will he play tonight?
which is an example of how difficult it can be to have (and keep them happy) good quality reserves, let alone players we expect to be just as good as the starting XI.

I would make the point that neither Madl or Sigurdsson were good quality reserves - they were tried and put aside last season in favour of our old whipping boy Ream - who much to everyone's surprise proved to be rather effective alongside Kalas
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Joseffc

Quote from: Roberty on August 15, 2017, 10:08:41 AM
Will he play tonight?

I would make the point that neither Madl or Sigurdsson were good quality reserves - they were tried and put aside last season in favour of our old whipping boy Ream - who much to everyone's surprise proved to be rather effective alongside Kalas

At least we had some reserves. Unless we get some new faces in over the next fortnight there are going to be several positions where we are short on options should injuries, loss of form or dare I say it, further outgoings occur (in addition to Woodrow & Madl).

westcliff white

Will he play tonight?
Agree, unless your playing a strict rotation you cannot keep everyone happy.

colinwhite

A word about the achillies tendon injury mentioned earlier in the thread. Its an over use injury often caused by footware or changing playing surfaces ,and caneasily become chronic tendonitous. This is extremely difficult to get rid of and not only causes problems in other areas due. to unneccessary overloads ,it also has a tendancy to go the  achilies tendon on the other leg. If he s got this in pre-season it may be very hard to get rid of . Everything feels fine  after rest and when warm but after excercise you are back to Square one. Cant see this  transferhappening.

grandad

Madl is a very good squad player but I can understand him wanting 1st team starts.It is so difficult for Championship clubs to keep more than the 18 players in the match day squad happy.
Premiership clubs can rotate & not make any difference to the teams performance. We don´t have that luxury.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Barrett487

Tottenham have stunning £25m bid for Fulham wonder kid Ryan Sessegnon knocked back

Tottenham have had a stunning £25m bid for Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon turned down.

Spurs have been desperate to sign the 17-year-old left back and even Sessegnon signing a new contract has not put them off.

They came in with a mega offer but Fulham stood firm and said that Sessegnon is not for sale at any price.

Sessegnon is regarded as one of England's best prospects and signed a three year contract in June to commit his future to Fulham.

The England England under-19s starlet has been compared to a young Gareth Bale as he plays as left back but could move further forward down the line.

Tottenham were one of a clutch of clubs chasing him with Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal also keen.

Tottenham also have an interest in his twin brother Steven who has also signed a new contract to stay at Fulham.

Tottenham have so far been slow on doing deals but are now clearly in the market.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-ryan-sessegnon-fulham-10990199