Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Quote from: Roberty on August 15, 2017, 10:08:41 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2017, 10:03:29 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 08:18:33 AM
Quote from: fulhamross on August 15, 2017, 08:11:42 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 15, 2017, 07:14:33 AM
Madl off to Legia Warsaw according to Sky.
Will he play tonight?
why are we getting rid of everyone and not replacing them :(
I had heard Madl wants to leave as he wants to play first team football, wouldnt be sure he is going before tonights game. My guess is Odoi or DJalo tonight as they are seemingly ahead of Madl at present (makes sense if he wants to leave)
which is an example of how difficult it can be to have (and keep them happy) good quality reserves, let alone players we expect to be just as good as the starting XI.

I would make the point that neither Madl or Sigurdsson were good quality reserves - they were tried and put aside last season in favour of our old whipping boy Ream - who much to everyone's surprise proved to be rather effective alongside Kalas

Why do you say Madl was/is not a good quality reserve.  For me, he is an excellent squad reserve and can play centre back effectively in a 2 or 3.  Can also at a push play right back and I expect even defensive mf, not that this was ever needed.

westcliff white

Quote from: colinwhite on August 15, 2017, 10:40:36 AM
A word about the achillies tendon injury mentioned earlier in the thread. Its an over use injury often caused by footware or changing playing surfaces ,and caneasily become chronic tendonitous. This is extremely difficult to get rid of and not only causes problems in other areas due. to unneccessary overloads ,it also has a tendancy to go the  achilies tendon on the other leg. If he s got this in pre-season it may be very hard to get rid of . Everything feels fine  after rest and when warm but after excercise you are back to Square one. Cant see this  transferhappening.
From what I have been told it was caused by footwear and was in the same leg twice but he has been given the all clear since April and is back in full trianing with adapted footwear. No mention of tendonitis but then I didnt ask, just wondered what the transfer state was.

I was surprised it was coming out yesterday and that I got a call about it, I really thought it was on the back burner.

I would still go for Bryan though
Every day is a Fulham day

FulhamStu

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 15, 2017, 10:45:48 AM
Tottenham have stunning £25m bid for Fulham wonder kid Ryan Sessegnon knocked back

Tottenham have had a stunning £25m bid for Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon turned down.

Spurs have been desperate to sign the 17-year-old left back and even Sessegnon signing a new contract has not put them off.

They came in with a mega offer but Fulham stood firm and said that Sessegnon is not for sale at any price.

Sessegnon is regarded as one of England's best prospects and signed a three year contract in June to commit his future to Fulham.

The England England under-19s starlet has been compared to a young Gareth Bale as he plays as left back but could move further forward down the line.

Tottenham were one of a clutch of clubs chasing him with Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal also keen.

Tottenham also have an interest in his twin brother Steven who has also signed a new contract to stay at Fulham.

Tottenham have so far been slow on doing deals but are now clearly in the market.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-ryan-sessegnon-fulham-10990199

I just do not believe Fulham would be able to turn down £25 M for Ryan.  This is rubbish.

Tabby

Reported in the Telegraph as well

Exclusive: Tottenham Hotspur have £25m bid for Fulham prodigy Ryan Sessegnon rejected
Sam Wallace, chief football writer
15 AUGUST 2017 • 10:49AM

Tottenham Hotspur have had a bid worth up to £25 million for the 17-year-old Fulham prodigy Ryan Sessegnon rejected.

The England Under-19s international is one of the hottest properties in English football and is in the Fulham squad to face Leeds United at Elland Road tonight having signed his first professional deal in June with his childhood club. The size of the fee on offer reflects the expanding market and also the value placed on young English talent.

Spurs are also understood to be interested in Ryan's twin brother Steven who made his first team debut in the EFL Cup against Wycombe in August. Both players signed their professional deals having turned 17 – the earliest age at which they could do so – on May 18. Both the boys, who grew up in Roehampton in south-west London, are happy at Fulham and have put no pressure on the club to sell them.

Ryan's twin brother Steven, here making his first team debut in the EFL Cup against Wycombe in August, is also attracting Spurs' attention CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES
The fee offered would be close to the £25.5 million Manchester United paid in August 2004 for an 18-year-old Wayne Rooney, still the most ever paid for an English teenage footballer. 

Under the ownership of American billionaire Shahid Khan, and the stewardship of his son, the chairman Tony, the club are ambitious for promotion to the Premier League. They have refused to countenance the sale of midfielder Tom Cairney this summer and for the time being seem willing to reject an extraordinary amount of money for two products of the club's outstanding academy. 

There has been interest throughout the big Premier League clubs in the progress of Ryan in particular who played a full part in his team's Championship season last time around, which ended in play-off defeat to Reading. As a left-sided English player he has a considerable value in the transfer market and the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool and Spurs all registered an interest before eventually he committed himself to the club long term.

The player has had a successful summer with England Under-19s who won their European championships in Georgia. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/15/tottenham-hotspur-have-25m-bid-fulham-prodigy-ryan-sessegnon/

Joseffc

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 15, 2017, 10:57:38 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on August 15, 2017, 10:45:48 AM
Tottenham have stunning £25m bid for Fulham wonder kid Ryan Sessegnon knocked back

Tottenham have had a stunning £25m bid for Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon turned down.

Spurs have been desperate to sign the 17-year-old left back and even Sessegnon signing a new contract has not put them off.

They came in with a mega offer but Fulham stood firm and said that Sessegnon is not for sale at any price.

Sessegnon is regarded as one of England's best prospects and signed a three year contract in June to commit his future to Fulham.

The England England under-19s starlet has been compared to a young Gareth Bale as he plays as left back but could move further forward down the line.

Tottenham were one of a clutch of clubs chasing him with Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal also keen.

Tottenham also have an interest in his twin brother Steven who has also signed a new contract to stay at Fulham.

Tottenham have so far been slow on doing deals but are now clearly in the market.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-ryan-sessegnon-fulham-10990199

I just do not believe Fulham would be able to turn down £25 M for Ryan.  This is rubbish.

From The Mirror?? Surely not??

Fulham76

If true, I think we should take it.

I can't believe we would turn down £25m for any of our players, it's too much money for a club like ours, so unlikely to be true.

westcliff white

the report states a bid of upto 25 million, so add ons etc. so not all 25 to us in one bash. If it had bee the yes almost too good to turn down. (could be why we are now being linked to 2 or 3 left backs).

I would not accept a bid with addons base don appearences, england games or anything similar at all, all in one bash and all up front

Deuce

Yeah, agree with WW. That bid could be constructed in a lot of different ways, even though its likey that the majority of the fee would be paid up front but that could just mean something like £10 mill up front and the rest in add ons.

Spurs would already have quite the transfer chest but isince they've sold Walker they have more than eough to pay us all at once.

£25 mil up front and throw in a sell on % of something around 15 and there be no doubt in my mind that we should sell.

AlexW132

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 15, 2017, 06:39:12 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 15, 2017, 12:27:54 AM
Championship experience is such a myth. Look at Wolves. 2 wins from 2 with a manger new to the league and a team of players new to the league...
The season when we signed players with championship experience we nearly went down.

You and this silly argument you keep coming up with.
Them useless players were signed by Kit,we've moved on to a higher standard of Championship player,or can't you remember where we signed Mac and Malone from .. fp.gif
Your argument makes out as if your comparing Kit to Slava,do you think our current boss would sign Pringle and co.. Hilarious.
I agree we've moved on to higher quality, however we still signed Richard Stearman, who was supposed to be our defensive saviour, and he was crap, despite being Wolves' player of the year when they finished 7th.

westcliff white

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 15, 2017, 11:23:41 AM
Championship experience is such a myth. Look at Wolves. 2 wins from 2 with a manger new to the league and a team of players new to the league...
The season when we signed players with championship experience we nearly went down.

Them useless players were signed by Kit,we've moved on to a higher standard of Championship player,or can't you remember where we signed Mac and Malone from .. fp.gif
Your argument makes out as if your comparing Kit to Slava,do you think our current boss would sign Pringle and co.. Hilarious.
I agree we've moved on to higher quality, however we still signed Richard Stearman, who was supposed to be our defensive saviour, and he was crap, despite being Wolves' player of the year when they finished 7th.
wasnt he signed in the summer window of Kit and done by stats similar to pringle etc?

Tabby

Vincius Junior signed for Real Madrid with hardly any senior football for 38 million pounds. I don't think that Sessegnon will depreciate in value, especially with the extra money paid for English players.

@jolslover

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 15, 2017, 11:23:41 AM

Obviously I'm not doubting that there are good players in the championship, not at all.
There are many good players and if these become available then there are some good deals to be had.
I am saying champ experience is not as important as everyone makes it out to be. 
STH H3

OMalleyCat

Few posts on Twitter are suggesting the Ojo loan deal is back on.

Barrett487

Quote from: OMalleyCat on August 15, 2017, 11:45:23 AM
Few posts on Twitter are suggesting the Ojo loan deal is back on.

Left winger ! 

Maybe with a couple of LB additions, plus Ojo, Ryan may go to Spurs.

We'd be quids in, but surely Ryan's integral to our style of play if he's in front of a LB?

I wonder what Slav would say?

Roberty

According to SSN and the Telegraph:-

"Spurs' fee would go close to matching the £25.5m Manchester United paid to sign 18-year-old Wayne Rooney in 2004, still the highest fee paid for an English teenager."

I wonder why - over 13 years later - RS is worth so little by comparison?

I think the Premier League have been ripping off the smaller clubs academy's for too long

P.S. - I wonder how many car bumpers Flex-N- Gate has to sell to make £25m profit - they probably do it before lunch on a Monday
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

FulhamStu

Quote from: westcliff white on August 15, 2017, 11:12:01 AM
the report states a bid of upto 25 million, so add ons etc. so not all 25 to us in one bash. If it had bee the yes almost too good to turn down. (could be why we are now being linked to 2 or 3 left backs).

I would not accept a bid with addons base don appearences, england games or anything similar at all, all in one bash and all up front

Well I would certainly accept £20M and even think about £15M plus add ons but get your point.

We need to maximise our time now, with this team and coach.  Waiting for Ryan to become worth £30M may never happen.  We need the money for a goal scorer and commanding centre back.

grandad

The Bro´s do not want to go so go & do one Levy. You have tolen enough from us already.
The boys are priceless to us, well maybe £50 mil for the pair in cash upfront with sell on clauses.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

James Pearce‏Verified account @JamesPearceEcho  33m33 minutes ago
More
#LFC winger Sheyi Ojo off to Fulham on loan. Means Derby, Villa and Middlesbrough miss out.

Mirror Football‏Verified account @MirrorFootball  35m35 minutes ago
More
Liverpool starlet Sheyi Ojo set to join Fulham on loan for the rest of the season
http://bit.ly/2x06LXn

STH H3