Author Topic: The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18  (Read 506083 times)

Online ollienixs

• Legend
Re: The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18
« Reply #5080 on: August 12, 2017, 10:22:21 PM »
Maiden McGeady so says bbc sport. Much prefer just an out and out striker instead of these winger/forwards

But he just signed for Sunderland. Have a link handy, would be bizarre if true.

Some one on Twitter and linked to a BBC.  Probably aload of shite  but this is a silly thread 

Ignore me

Offline Newry FFC

• MAESTRO
« Reply #5081 on: August 12, 2017, 10:27:30 PM »
There's nothing on or near BBC linking him with us since 2013, you've taken that from a rumours bot which literally randomly generates rumours.

Offline Twig

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #5082 on: August 12, 2017, 10:29:06 PM »
Not that close - Martin scored one less goal but didn't spend two season doing it - he also didn't get the manager/coach fired either

Marlet wasn't an out and out striker for one thing- and featured well in Coleman's side till he got sold. Chris didn't want him to go at that time.

For £11.5m - I would expect him to be able to dance on ice too - that was a huge fee in 2001

Sadly he was not sold but went on loan to Marseilles who did not take up the option to purchase - at the end of his contract he was release by Fulham - so MAF got none of his money back

But my question was about stats - do you believe our stats guy would have given the go ahead ?

Ok, we moved Marlet on because of a tiff between MAF and Tigana. It wasn't his fault and I believe he was much-maligned. Would he have passed the stats test? Well surely that depends on the criteria set for him to be assessed against.

I was a regular at Fulham in the Marlet era.  He was a disappointment for sure, but to be fair he was primarily a winger. Tigana wanted to copy Wenger and convert a winger into a striker but was patently unsuccessful. He then compounded the error by refusing to recognise that his experiment had failed.  On the few occasions that I saw Marlet played out wide he was prettty damned decent.

Online ollienixs

• Legend
« Reply #5083 on: August 12, 2017, 10:31:15 PM »
There's nothing on or near BBC linking him with us since 2013, you've taken that from a rumours bot which literally randomly generates rumours.

Bloody he'll I have been done by a bot. Pants down by A.I  :dft001:

Online Tabby

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #5084 on: August 12, 2017, 10:32:02 PM »

Bloody he'll I have been done by a bot. Pants down by A.I  :dft001:

We've all been there.

Offline @jolslover

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #5085 on: August 12, 2017, 10:58:09 PM »
Just seen Forestieri has been told he wont play for Wednesday again. Would love him at Fulham.

Online ollienixs

• Legend
« Reply #5086 on: August 12, 2017, 11:08:33 PM »
What's he meant to have done

Online ollienixs

• Legend
« Reply #5087 on: August 12, 2017, 11:11:19 PM »
Sky sports gossip saying wolves are going after Rhodes and olveria. I'd take either in a heart beat

Offline @jolslover

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #5088 on: August 12, 2017, 11:11:26 PM »

Training ground bust up wtih Sam Winnall. Apparently a bad challenge from Forestieri but not sure.
Surely with this going public he would be available at a cut price. Would be a great pick up for 6/7mill

Offline wheelerdeeler

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #5089 on: August 12, 2017, 11:30:57 PM »
Seeing Mounie on MOTD today makes you wonder what could have been last season if we signed him. Whatever else you can say about our stats department, we definitely identify some really good players as transfer targets.

Offline wheelerdeeler

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #5090 on: August 12, 2017, 11:31:46 PM »

Training ground bust up wtih Sam Winnall. Apparently a bad challenge from Forestieri but not sure.
Surely with this going public he would be available at a cut price. Would be a great pick up for 6/7mill

I doubt Wednesday would sell to us unless it was a stupid price. He'll probably get sold to a middling Serie A team. Could even see a Premier League team taking a punt on him as an option if the price was right.

Offline SuperFulham323

• tjl
« Reply #5091 on: August 12, 2017, 11:32:27 PM »

Was he in Slavisas Watford team when they got promoted? Think he'll go to the prem though

Offline wheelerdeeler

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #5092 on: August 12, 2017, 11:32:30 PM »
Sky sports gossip saying wolves are going after Rhodes and olveria. I'd take either in a heart beat

No chance we'd get Oliveira if Wolves are interested thanks to Jorge Mendes.

Offline @jolslover

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #5093 on: August 12, 2017, 11:40:04 PM »

Was he in Slavisas Watford team when they got promoted? Think he'll go to the prem though

Yh Slavisa rated him.
I would love Oliveira as have said earlier.
Him and Forestieri should surely be available at cut prices due to current situations.

Offline Statto

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #5094 on: August 12, 2017, 11:51:18 PM »
Seeing Mounie on MOTD today makes you wonder what could have been last season if we signed him. Whatever else you can say about our stats department, we definitely identify some really good players as transfer targets.

Equally the fact Huddersfield got him shows other clubs are just as capable as us at finding these players

Offline wheelerdeeler

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #5095 on: August 13, 2017, 12:00:28 AM »

Equally the fact Huddersfield got him shows other clubs are just as capable as us at finding these players

He was a lot easier to scout last season considering he scored 10+ goals in Ligue 1, rather than the season before where he only got about 8 in Ligue 2. Shows we have something right in-terms of talent identification.

Offline Roberty

• Legend
« Reply #5096 on: August 13, 2017, 05:27:09 AM »

He was a lot easier to scout last season considering he scored 10+ goals in Ligue 1, rather than the season before where he only got about 8 in Ligue 2. Shows we have something right in-terms of talent identification.

Yes - but now we need to find the 2017 version and we have 18 days to do it - if we pull that off a Kline statue can replace the MJ one (JOKE)

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #5097 on: August 13, 2017, 08:18:14 AM »

Yes it does but as they had never been linked before they could have thought why are Fulham looking at this lad and then went to scout him theirselves so could still be kudos to those guys. May not be of course.

Huddersfield may also use stats as well. There are several clubs that do, we are just more upfront about it than others.

Anyway time to worry a no we are going to get not who others have got

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #5098 on: August 13, 2017, 10:25:23 AM »
Without Kalas and a poosible Ayite and Cairney through injury. Our squad for Leeds begins to look even poorer than it should do at this point of the season. We need to stop concentrating on players we are unlikely to get and hopefully go for players we can get to improve.

Offline Jonnoj

• tjl
« Reply #5099 on: August 13, 2017, 12:53:55 PM »
Frighteningly quiet on the rumours front isn't it?
Are we still looking or have we stopped now?