https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 28, 2017, 02:24:50 PM
Quote from: Riversider on August 28, 2017, 02:05:54 PM
To all the people saying that we should sign Jota and/or Forestieri can you please tell the rest of us who you would have left out of the starting eleven on Saturday for them both to play as they sure as hell wouldn't come to Fulham to sit on the bench !
In my opinion if we've got any money left to spend it should be spent on a commanding centre half as that's where our squad really needs the cover.

Aluko didn't feature Saturday but if he stays I'd expect him to feature regularly. The idea of bringing in Jota or someone like that is to replace him of he's sold.

Sheff Wed have 6 good strikers, so having options is never a bad thing. Our squad could do with one more striker so for that reason I think we should go for Forestieri.

1) He scores goals more
2) He can play as a striker of Fonte isn't available otherwise we are relying on Kamara who hasn't looked too impressive.

We need a Forestieri and a centre back to make this window a superb one

Now answer the question if you will, who would you have left out of our starting eleven against Ipswich ?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Riversider on August 28, 2017, 02:43:56 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 28, 2017, 02:24:50 PM
To all the people saying that we should sign Jota and/or Forestieri can you please tell the rest of us who you would have left out of the starting eleven on Saturday for them both to play as they sure as hell wouldn't come to Fulham to sit on the bench !
In my opinion if we've got any money left to spend it should be spent on a commanding centre half as that's where our squad really needs the cover.

Aluko didn't feature Saturday but if he stays I'd expect him to feature regularly. The idea of bringing in Jota or someone like that is to replace him of he's sold.

Sheff Wed have 6 good strikers, so having options is never a bad thing. Our squad could do with one more striker so for that reason I think we should go for Forestieri.

1) He scores goals more
2) He can play as a striker of Fonte isn't available otherwise we are relying on Kamara who hasn't looked too impressive.

We need a Forestieri and a centre back to make this window a superb one

Now answer the question if you will, who would you have left out of our starting eleven against Ipswich ?

All well and good asking that after a great performance but against Bristol Rovers I'm sure the view would have been different. Ojo was very poor in that one and superb against Ipswich so which will we see more of? Your guess is as good as mine.

What I do know is that Forestieri and Jota are proven championship players and two of the best in this division. Both are an upgrade on Aluko for end product and it's up to the coaching staff to make them track back and work as hard as Sone does to.

Put it this way, I'd rather replace Aluko with a better player than sell him and rely on what we have. It's a long season and a strong 18 on matchday is better than a strong 11.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: sussexwhite on August 28, 2017, 02:42:31 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 28, 2017, 02:36:51 PM
Jota due at Motspur Park tomorrow
What's your thinking behind that statement ? You have a good source ?

No but someone I know does & thats what he told me. Was also told by Brentford mate who gets to hear a few things that we talked to his agent in the week

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 02:43:10 PM
Jota is an attacking midfielder isn't he, more central as well?
if so why do we need him? for me a third striker and a centre back would be good additions. not worried if Aluko leaves as feel we have enough wide men

Jota is a winger, who play on both flanks. Very talented player who is a different type of player to Aluko. Reckon we would gain better end product but lose out on workrate

westcliff white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 28, 2017, 03:01:00 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 02:43:10 PM
Jota is an attacking midfielder isn't he, more central as well?
if so why do we need him? for me a third striker and a centre back would be good additions. not worried if Aluko leaves as feel we have enough wide men

Jota is a winger, who play on both flanks. Very talented player who is a different type of player to Aluko. Reckon we would gain better end product but lose out on workrate
maybe that's why the wolves lad has yet to join

thanks
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Statto on August 28, 2017, 02:59:22 PM
I agree a defender is more important than another forward but if we sign a good CB such as Engels, who do you drop to fit him in? At the end of the day you can either buy squad players like Djalo and everyone moans they're not good enough, or quality players like Jota then people moan they don't want to drop Ojo because in one of the two games he's played for us he looked decent

That's how I see it. In  the latest fofcast I said I don't believe in squad players. We should be signing players good enough to push the starters, not plod along like Djalo, Matilla or Petsos. They add nothing to the squad other than a number.

Give me strong options in depth all day long and if the players bitch about being on the bench, work harder to get into the team! Keep everyone on their toes and there's no reason why our form should ever dip through complacency.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Mince n Tatties

That's obvious, the lad fro Liverpool wouldn't have started if Jota were here.

RaySmith

I think Ojo will be a good player for us, but obviously I don't know this for certain.
I think Djalo may prove better than is thought, but the club is supposed to be after a top cb.

Squad v first team players? - well, some have to be happy to not to play first team  football that often- would top players accept this? but then they can try and force their way into the team, as Danny says.

Forestieri seems an exciting signing, especially as it looks like Aluko  may be going.

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 28, 2017, 03:13:06 PM
I agree a defender is more important than another forward but if we sign a good CB such as Engels, who do you drop to fit him in? At the end of the day you can either buy squad players like Djalo and everyone moans they're not good enough, or quality players like Jota then people moan they don't want to drop Ojo because in one of the two games he's played for us he looked decent

That's how I see it. I  the latest fofcast I said I don't believe in squad players. We should be signing players good enough to push the starters, not plod along like Djalo, Matilla or Petsos. They add nothing to the squad other than a number.

Give me strong options in depth all day long and if the players bitch about being on the bench, work harder to get into the team! Keep everyone on their toes and there's no reason why our form should ever dip through complacency.
The definition of a squad player is someone who isn't in the managers regular first 11, SJ didn't make many changes towards the end of last season, and personally I don't reckon he will between once the windows shut and January as he has his squad.

So by default the the likes of Norwood, Cisse, Djalo, Odoi perhaps Kamara all become squad players, they won't like it and that's the correct reaction.so squad plays are nescersary as you can only pick 11 first teamed, the quality of those squad players is the key, along with keeping them happy.

Hard job for SJ, personally for me you should look at the opponents and if one player suits that opponent better than a regular then he should play, however if his game time has been limited we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Who would be a manager

JoelH5

Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 03:31:55 PM

That's how I see it. I  the latest fofcast I said I don't believe in squad players. We should be signing players good enough to push the starters, not plod along like Djalo, Matilla or Petsos. They add nothing to the squad other than a number.

The definition of a squad player is someone who isn't in the managers regular first 11, SJ didn't make many changes towards the end of last season, and personally I don't reckon he will between once the windows shut and January as he has his squad.

So by default the the likes of Norwood, Cisse, Djalo, Odoi perhaps Kamara all become squad players, they won't like it and that's the correct reaction.so squad plays are nescersary as you can only pick 11 first teamed, the quality of those squad players is the key, along with keeping them happy.

Hard job for SJ, personally for me you should look at the opponents and if one player suits that opponent better than a regular then he should play, however if his game time has been limited we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Who would be a manager

There are worse problems to have!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Mince n Tatties

Friends son at the Express..Fulham and Reading talking money over Aluko transfer.

dannyboi-ffc

Who would be a manager

But your last point illustrates my view of not believing in squad players. There should and will be games when Piazon or Ayite are more suited than a Jota for example. But if your squad player is Ben Pringle or Sean Kavanagh all of a sudden you don't have those options. So the point of squad players is to be very slightly inferior to the first eleven otherwise they are a waste of time.

Quality over Quantity

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 28, 2017, 03:57:13 PM

Who would be a manager

But your last point illustrates my view of not believing in squad players. There should and will be games when Piazon or Ayite are more suited than a Jota for example. But if your squad player is Ben Pringle or Sean Kavanagh all of a sudden you don't have those options. So the point of squad players is to be very slightly inferior to the first eleven otherwise they are a waste of time.

Quality over Quantity
personally think you need two for every spot so a minimum of 22 players, yes they need to be bale to step in, but you also need to be able to keep them happy. If we signed Jota would he be happy to sit on the bench? so who then do you put on the bench, Ojo? if so I reckon Liverpool will be recalling in January (if they have that option), Kebano he isn't going to be happy staying there too long either. While that's a good problem to have it has to be handled correctly.

For the record not disagreeing with your point, just saying that they are squad players if they are not playing week in week out, in my mind you pick the best 11 for any game and therefore they are all squad players

westcliff white

Engels update, we are interested for certain, enquired 3 times in the last month the most recent being in the last 72 hours. Brugge value Engles a lot and while they wont stop him moving if that's what the player wants, it is, for me, unlikely to happen.

Very decent player who would be a decent addition to our squad

Lighthouse

Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 04:30:46 PM
Engels update, we are interested for certain, enquired 3 times in the last month the most recent being in the last 72 hours. Brugge value Engles a lot and while they wont stop him moving if that's what the player wants, it is, for me, unlikely to happen.

A shame because out of all those big signing rumours, that was the only one I really wanted and we really need.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Asotosyios

Question for those itk or close to the club: any chance we will make a move (permanent or loan) on Thursday for any "unwanted" Premier League players as the clubs finalize their 25-player squads and some will be left out? Or are we only looking abroad?

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2017, 05:01:16 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 04:30:46 PM

A shame because out of all those big signing rumours, that was the only one I really wanted and we really need.

:plus one:

twang

I rate Aluko highly and want him to stay. But if he wants to leave and the club manage to replace him with Jota for basically the same money, then hats off to the people in charge as that's a brilliant trade for us.

Marcel_Gecov

Anyone else find the lack of Johansen based rumours odd?

AlexW132

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 28, 2017, 06:16:55 PM
Anyone else find the lack of Johansen based rumours odd?
Why, do you want there to be rumours?