watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasFulham

So I have been looking at players we could use this upcoming window and will point out some. I have been looking at places we usually sign players from. I think we could do with a forward, a LB and a CB. Also a quality winger would be nice. Cause, let's face it, we have a million players that can play out wide but only Sess is decent and even he's hit some bad form. Ojo wasn't good, Graham is not good, Mollo is bright with no end product etc.

Ohi Omoijuanfo- This guy has 21 goals in 33 games for Staebek in Norway. He was recently linked with a few championship clubs in the summer for only £2m pounds. He is a big forward who gets himself into position to score goals. He also is a good header of the ball. Miles better than our current options up front. If we give him service, he will score.

Declan John- quality LB on loan at Rangers. Leeds want him. This is a player that can possibly replace Malone. He is a Wales international.

John Souttar- CB for Hearts. Made his debut at 16 and is now 21 but has a vast amount of experience. Plays beyond his years. Would slot in at CB with no problem. Can play with the ball at his feet too. Scottish u21 international, though a full international call can't be too far away. Aaron Hughes and Christophe Berra are his elders at Hearts.

Cyle Larin- forward for Orlando City FC. He wants to come to England in January. Has a good goal scoring record for Orlando the last couple of years. Is a physical forward. So he could handle this league. I think he can play at this level and would continue improving if we somehow got promoted.

Mimoun Mahi- FC Gronigen forward who used to be a winger. Since moving to thw forward spot last season, he has found his goalscoring form. He has 5 goals in 10 appearances this year. The manager said he won't stand in his way if he wants to leave in January. Could probably get him for under four million.

@jolslover

To be fair being a Wales international doesn't fill me with hope on a player. See Richards and Williams
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on November 07, 2017, 08:15:23 AM
To be fair being a Wales international doesn't fill me with hope on a player. See Richards and Williams

That's funny coming from someone who after watching you tube clips said,Kamara,Fonte,Cisse and Djalo were top players...😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

We Are Premier League

Quote from: VegasFulham on November 07, 2017, 07:56:40 AM
So I have been looking at players we could use this upcoming window and will point out some. I have been looking at places we usually sign players from. I think we could do with a forward, a LB and a CB. Also a quality winger would be nice. Cause, let's face it, we have a million players that can play out wide but only Sess is decent and even he's hit some bad form. Ojo wasn't good, Graham is not good, Mollo is bright with no end product etc.

Ohi Omoijuanfo- This guy has 21 goals in 33 games for Staebek in Norway. He was recently linked with a few championship clubs in the summer for only £2m pounds. He is a big forward who gets himself into position to score goals. He also is a good header of the ball. Miles better than our current options up front. If we give him service, he will score.

Declan John- quality LB on loan at Rangers. Leeds want him. This is a player that can possibly replace Malone. He is a Wales international.

John Souttar- CB for Hearts. Made his debut at 16 and is now 21 but has a vast amount of experience. Plays beyond his years. Would slot in at CB with no problem. Can play with the ball at his feet too. Scottish u21 international, though a full international call can't be too far away. Aaron Hughes and Christophe Berra are his elders at Hearts.

Cyle Larin- forward for Orlando City FC. He wants to come to England in January. Has a good goal scoring record for Orlando the last couple of years. Is a physical forward. So he could handle this league. I think he can play at this level and would continue improving if we somehow got promoted.

A few more suggestions:

Defender left - Massadio Haidara from Newcastle's freezer
Centre Def - Craig Cathcart if he can shake the knee injury
Centre Mid - Charlie Adam
Striker - Leonardo Ulloa
Striker - Diafra Sakho

VegasFulham

It is becoming really hard for me to find players cause we don't have much sway with players anymore since we're in the championship. I wish we could target top class players, but we now have to focus on potential and our academy imo. John is a player with a lot of potential.

We could also see if United with loan out Tuanzebe. Could be a player that gives us the same performances that Carter Vickers is giving Sheffield United on loan from Spurs.

VegasFulham

Another forward I would like to see us go after is Cedric Teuchert from FC Nurnberg. He has 6 goals and 2 assists in 13 games so far this season and is only 20 years old. He has a shot accuracy of 60%, but has an aerial duel of 15%. Obviously he needs to get stronger in the air. But he has a decent first touch, decent pace and good dribbling skills. He is a German youth international.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: VegasFulham on November 07, 2017, 11:39:59 AM
Another forward I would like to see us go after is Cedric Teuchert from FC Nurnberg. He has 6 goals and 2 assists in 13 games so far this season and is only 20 years old. He has a shot accuracy of 60%, but has an aerial duel of 15%. Obviously he needs to get stronger in the air. But he has a decent first touch, decent pace and good dribbling skills. He is a German youth international.

The rumour was that we wanted 4 strikers for this season and we got 2. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I could see a youngster and a old reliable coming through the door. I dont know enough about the names you have given but a Cameron Jerome-esque signing (though perhaps one that scores - 1 goal in 1000 minutes) who knows the league (perhaps on a loan with option to buy if we arent promoted)

VegasFulham

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 07, 2017, 11:47:26 AM
The rumour was that we wanted 4 strikers for this season and we got 2. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I could see a youngster and a old reliable coming through the door. I dont know enough about the names you have given but a Cameron Jerome-esque signing (though perhaps one that scores - 1 goal in 1000 minutes) who knows the league (perhaps on a loan with option to buy if we arent promoted)

That Dwight Gayle rumour is an option I would like. Nowhere near that £15m price though. He is a proven goalscorer at this level. If they could lower the asking price to around £7-10m then that's the best proven option we could probably get. I agree with your assessment of our need for a proven forward. Gayle and Teuchert would be my preferred two forwards.

I watch a lot of football and then have a ton of football sites on my bookmarks list and subscription list on youtube. Everything from statsbomb and umaxit football to the traditional sky sports and newsnow. I highly recommend the OneFootball app. It has stats from like 40+ leagues. I look up stats on leagues that have players we could get and then look them up on YouTube and do a google search for scout reports, transfer news etc. It works for the most part.

I hope to be a scout or manager someday. I doubt that I will ever become either, but those two careers or a career in astrophysics is my dream. I wish I had a higher self esteem though.

VegasFulham

Somebody mentioned Danny Ings in another thread and I like him too. I did a google search and Liverpool are probably going to let go of five players in January. Harry Wilson and Ovie Ejaria are among the others. Both of those players would improve our team. Wilson has tons of potential. He has good passing ability, an eye for goal and good dribbling skills. Ovie Ejaria is an all around midfielder. More of a defensive midfielder that can tackle well and break up play. He is of the modern DM build though as he can pick out a pass and bring the ball forward with decent dribbling skills for a DM. Could do worse than getting Ings and these two younger players. They would probably be let go on the cheap too.

https://amp.ibtimes.co.uk/danny-ings-jon-flanagan-harry-wilson-among-players-that-could-leave-liverpool-january-1646189

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: VegasFulham on November 07, 2017, 02:16:14 PM
Somebody mentioned Danny Ings in another thread and I like him too. I did a google search and Liverpool are probably going to let go of five players in January. Harry Wilson and Ovie Ejaria are among the others. Both of those players would improve our team. Wilson has tons of potential. He has good passing ability, an eye for goal and good dribbling skills. Ovie Ejaria is an all around midfielder. More of a defensive midfielder that can tackle well and break up play. He is of the modern DM build though as he can pick out a pass and bring the ball forward with decent dribbling skills for a DM. Could do worse than getting Ings and these two younger players. They would probably be let go on the cheap too.

https://amp.ibtimes.co.uk/danny-ings-jon-flanagan-harry-wilson-among-players-that-could-leave-liverpool-january-1646189

Wont be on the cheap. Jordan Ibe was in a similar situation and went for 15m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally if you are after a young option then you need to go for our youth. What have those names youve given got that Sess (other one), DLT, O'Riley, Edun etc dont?

Other than a price tag.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 07, 2017, 08:32:42 AM

That's funny coming from someone who after watching you tube clips said,Kamara,Fonte,Cisse and Djalo were top players...😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Except I've just searched my posts from September 1st to July 1st and I never said any of them would be top players, I said don't rule out Djalo based on pre-season friendlies and that Kamara impressed me on his debut ..
I still think 3/4 of the are good players.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on November 07, 2017, 07:02:42 PM

Except I've just searched my posts from September 1st to July 1st and I never said any of them would be top players, I said don't rule out Djalo based on pre-season friendlies and that Kamara impressed me on his debut ..

OK whatever Jols,you think every player who plays in France,Spain and Belgium are great players.
And if you think 3/4 of them are good then were league 2 bound...👺

VegasFulham

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on November 07, 2017, 02:40:42 PM
Wont be on the cheap. Jordan Ibe was in a similar situation and went for 15m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally if you are after a young option then you need to go for our youth. What have those names youve given got that Sess (other one), DLT, O'Riley, Edun etc dont?

Other than a price tag.

The players I mentioned in thia thread have more experience. That's the main difference. Teuchert is performing at a high level in the second division of Germany, Harry Wilson is a full international etc.

But I definiyely agree that we should give those players a chance before January. I would also send O'Riley and Humphrys and Thompson out on loan cause they need experience and I am not sure they are quite ready for a promotion push, or relegation battle, yet. DLT, Edun, Steven Sessegnon and Djalo should get more playing time now though with us. They can't do much worse than our current players. They would probably add a bit excitement and energy to the team. Something wr badly need.

hovewhite

Given time the players mentioned will add very much to the team.

@jolslover

Quote from: hovewhite on November 08, 2017, 07:28:47 AM

Given time the players mentioned will add very much to the team.

Agree
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 07, 2017, 07:59:16 PM

OK whatever Jols,you think every player who plays in France,Spain and Belgium are great players.
And if you think 3/4 of them are good then were league 2 bound...👺

Clearly I don't. Also, Judging on this season Johansen, Ayite maybe even Sess have been poor, Does that mean they are bad players? No.
STH H3

We Are Premier League

#Legend

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11118857/barry-hayles-still-playing-at-45

Such is Hayles' passion to keep playing, that he has even had two spells at Truro City in Cornwall, a 550-mile round trip from where he lived and it involved staying in a caravan overnight, which he thoroughly enjoyed. "The chairman who called me had his own caravan park, and he said that instead of staying in hotels I should stay in the caravan and it was lovely!" Hayles said. "I'd definitely recommend it."