watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

May as well get it started early, as a few rumours are flying around already, even before the season has time to finish.

So, Ladies and Gentleman, here it is, The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18, ready to drive you all mad once again.

Doesn't matter how ridiculous the rumour is, where it's come from, the bloke down the pub, taxi driver who knows Slav, or even Hilder the Tea Lady from Motspur Park, we wanna hear it.

On a serious note, please post any FFC Transfer related info here, connected to this summers transfer window.

Friendsoffulham

Slavisa Jokanovic has a chance to conclude transfer business with Sebastian Bassong

The Cameroonian is available on a free transfer this summer and Fulham were interested a year ago.

Norwich City recently announced the players they will not be keeping on board this summer, with some very big names on the list including John Ruddy and Kyle Lafferty. Another name present was Cameroonian international defender Sebastian Bassong.

The 30-year-old, who joined Norwich in 2012, is available on a free transfer this summer and that will surely spark the interest of Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/06/slavisa-jokanovic-has-a-chance-to-conclude-transfer-business-wit/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCsport

Friendsoffulham

Fulham casting their eye over SPAL defender as they scout Serie B

The west London side are keen to bolster their defensive options ahead of next season and reports have suggested Fulham are keeping a close eye on Serie B.

Fulham are reportedly casting their eye over Serie B defender Francesco Vicari.

The 22-year-old centre back has been watched a number of times by the Cottagers scouting department, according to reports from Italy, with the side set to scout him again this weekend.

SPAL currently sit in top in the Italian second division with Vicari playing a staring role in the side, who signed last year from fellow Serie B side Novara.

Vicari is considered as one of the most promising players in Serie B this season, and has attracted attention from Serie A clubs Sassuolo and Chievo as well as the west Londoners.

Slavisa Jokanovic is keen to bolster his defensive options ahead of next season, with signing Tomas Kalas also high on his list of transfer targets for the summer.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-casting-eye-over-novara-12995520

The Rock

Whatever the rumour, surely it comes down to stats boy approval. I have thought of him frequently lately pondering how much he is responsible for our position, and I think he deserves some credit, but I still dislike the heavily weighted approach of stats almost exclusively.

Mince n Tatties

Burt

Ah yes, the warm embrace that the return of the summer transfer thread gives us all... Where would life be without it?

I am hoping no signings are done until we know for sure which league we are playing in next season.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 07, 2017, 12:07:47 AM
Slavisa Jokanovic has a chance to conclude transfer business with Sebastian Bassong

The Cameroonian is available on a free transfer this summer and Fulham were interested a year ago.

Norwich City recently announced the players they will not be keeping on board this summer, with some very big names on the list including John Ruddy and Kyle Lafferty. Another name present was Cameroonian international defender Sebastian Bassong.

The 30-year-old, who joined Norwich in 2012, is available on a free transfer this summer and that will surely spark the interest of Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/06/slavisa-jokanovic-has-a-chance-to-conclude-transfer-business-wit/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCsport
Yes but a year ago we were desperate.  Not the case now and he would NOT be an improvement.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Surely we will make no firm decisions on transfers while we still have a chance of promotion. It must be best to turn a deaf ear to all rumours for the next two or three weeks.

@jolslover

I'm excited for the window. Would not take Bassong if we went up. If we didn't go up then maybe but even so not sure he's a big improvement.
The only real positive about promotion for me is the type of players we attract. We will be able to sign some top players.
STH H3

cmg

Quote from: filham on May 07, 2017, 02:41:28 PM
.... It must be best to turn a deaf ear to all rumours for the next two or three weeks.

Agree.
...Although for 'weeks' read 'years'.

Texas White

Quote from: @jolslover on May 07, 2017, 02:43:30 PM
I'm excited for the window. Would not take Bassong if we went up. If we didn't go up then maybe but even so not sure he's a big improvement.
The only real positive about promotion for me is the type of players we attract. We will be able to sign some top players.

Would be a NO from me

AlexW132

westcliff white

john ruddy was released by Norwich as well, wouldn't call him rubbish. Although Bassong would not be high on my list
Every day is a Fulham day

HillingdonFFC

Reckon we'll definitely go back in for Steve Mounie if we go up

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 07, 2017, 06:00:35 PM

Cracking year in France. Big move ahead for him.

Carborundum

Quote from: cmg on May 07, 2017, 02:46:08 PM
Quote from: filham on May 07, 2017, 02:41:28 PM
.... It must be best to turn a deaf ear to all rumours for the next two or three weeks.

Agree.
...Although for 'weeks' read 'years'.
That made me laugh.  Although the reality is that there will be plenty whose visits to this thread will be interspaced by 'days' or 'hours'.

Mince n Tatties

rvFFC

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on May 07, 2017, 06:01:36 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on May 07, 2017, 06:00:35 PM

Cracking year in France. Big move ahead for him.

A big move to us hopefully!

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 07, 2017, 06:21:26 PM
Jermaine Defoe if we go up?

I rate him, could be a good move, Massive wages though and think Slavisa prefers a big man up top.
Just don't think its a signing our current transfer team would make. Think we will look to sign players approaching their prime with good sell-on value.
STH H3

Porthogs FC

Quote from: @jolslover on May 07, 2017, 08:41:01 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 07, 2017, 06:21:26 PM
Jermaine Defoe if we go up?

I rate him, could be a good move, Massive wages though and think Slavisa prefers a big man up top.
Just don't think its a signing our current transfer team would make. Think we will look to sign players approaching their prime with good sell-on value.

We also need to sign someone who has a higher rate of shot percentage. I seem to remember that Jermain is quite a wasteful striker