Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 26, 2017, 09:15:57 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2017, 08:51:59 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on June 25, 2017, 07:53:24 PM
Marcello Dejelo (?) the centre half said not to be wanted by the coaching staff is in fact thought of as a replacement for Cameron Burgess in the u23 squad if he does come.

This is what I find hard to comprehend with this type of signing,someone coming from abroad to compensate for Burgess in the Under 23s,surely there are players in league's 1and 2 here that we can give a leg up to fill that position.

Almost certainly are however I suspect this is a low cost punt on developing a player who will become a star.  Louis Saha if you like type...now that was a game changer when we signed him for bugger all !

Saha didnt cost bugger all, he was £2.1m, pretty hefty outlay for a championship club in 1999. Far from unknown either, had spent a loan period in the prem in Newcastle & was highly rated in France.
This Spanish guy is nearly 24 & playing in a pony league, if he'd been half decent he'd be playing somewhere else. Take your point about unearthing a talent but everything points to this being a bit of a stats led pointless signing.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2017, 09:33:41 AM
Marcello Dejelo (?) the centre half said not to be wanted by the coaching staff is in fact thought of as a replacement for Cameron Burgess in the u23 squad if he does come.

This is what I find hard to comprehend with this type of signing,someone coming from abroad to compensate for Burgess in the Under 23s,surely there are players in league's 1and 2 here that we can give a leg up to fill that position.

Almost certainly are however I suspect this is a low cost punt on developing a player who will become a star.  Louis Saha if you like type...now that was a game changer when we signed him for bugger all !

If only we could find another Saga.

Saga ? That's for over 50s, I would imagine Fulham FC are looking for someone half that age.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Exactly

Never forget your Roots.

twang

According to this Fulham and a host of other clubs are rumoured to be interested in Felix Wiedwald, 27yo GK at Werder Bremen. He's contracted until 2018 but has apparently asked to be released because he wants to move abroad.

http://footballnet.sportalsports.com/sportch/generated/v2/article/tnt_fussball/geruechte/2017/06/26/54543000000_00.html

Hoppus

We need at least two strikers, and two center backs before next season.

I read that Joka want this players to sign before the pre season starts. If this do not happen he (and many fans) will get frustrated again. I read that we have a "list of four strikers", but this is just rumors without a source.

I don't want us to have a panic deal in the last minute before transfer deadline. Give the manager a proper striker and at least two center backs.

Have anyone seen this Brazilian guy play? The CB that played in Scotland.

FulhamStu

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 26, 2017, 09:34:23 AM

Talk about pedantic mate, ok.. relatively bugger all and we sold him for what was it £12M a few years later.   He was rejected by Newcastle and if he was widely known to be such a great player and English football people thought he was that good, no way would Man U and the rest have not been in for him.   My point is that Tigana and the coaches made the most of his natural ability and turned him into a star, maybe that is the plan, all be it at a lower level, for Dejalo.

Saha didnt cost bugger all, he was £2.1m, pretty hefty outlay for a championship club in 1999. Far from unknown either, had spent a loan period in the prem in Newcastle & was highly rated in France.
This Spanish guy is nearly 24 & playing in a pony league, if he'd been half decent he'd be playing somewhere else. Take your point about unearthing a talent but everything points to this being a bit of a stats led pointless signing.

Sorry should have posted above here in response to above comment to my original reply.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 26, 2017, 09:55:53 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on June 26, 2017, 09:34:23 AM

Talk about pedantic mate, ok.. relatively bugger all and we sold him for what was it £12M a few years later.   He was rejected by Newcastle and if he was widely known to be such a great player and English football people thought he was that good, no way would Man U and the rest have not been in for him.   My point is that Tigana and the coaches made the most of his natural ability and turned him into a star, maybe that is the plan, all be it at a lower level, for Dejalo.

Sorry mate wasnt being pedantic just merely pointing out that £2.1 million quid wasnt quite bugger all. Saha was very well thought of in France. He was tipped to be as good as Henry & Annelka who he went to Clarefontain with.
True he didnt set the world alight at Newcastle but Tigana rated him & as you say he got the best out of a very talented young player who had lost his way a bit.
Cant see Slav making a silk purse out a sows ear with this Spanish bloke though

alexmur

Quote from: filham on June 24, 2017, 05:50:22 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 24, 2017, 12:40:36 PM
He lives near me, so I wouldn't mind picking him up on Match days, providing he goes halves with the fuel.   079.gif
Remember he parks on invalid parking spaces so you need to build in parking fines into your costs.
Probably best to keep the wife away from him [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: alexmur on June 26, 2017, 10:21:53 AM
He lives near me, so I wouldn't mind picking him up on Match days, providing he goes halves with the fuel.   079.gif
Remember he parks on invalid parking spaces so you need to build in parking fines into your costs.

Probably best he catches the bus in.

Never forget your Roots.

alexmur

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 26, 2017, 10:33:44 AM
Quote from: alexmur on June 26, 2017, 10:21:53 AM

Probably best he catches the bus in.
Maybe wheel him in hanibal lecter style

aaronmcguigan

What's the deal with the Djalo guy? Has someone just made that up that he's coming into be a Burgess replacement in the u 23 team?  Why or how would that even be leaked? That is just ridiculous made up nonsense.  We didn't even need Burgess, we sent him out on loan and played with Davies/Jenz/ Sheckleford / Kavanagh.   While some of those may not be world beaters, is it fair/ OK/ logical to stick them on the bench in favour of a 23 year old journeyman?

Even if it's true, why would we want a player who wants to agree to moving to England to play in a reserve team, and he'll be 24 a few months after the season starts?
Furthermore, how's about addressing priorities instead of replacing a guy who wasn't at the club most of the season

AlexW132

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 26, 2017, 11:58:18 AM
What's the deal with the Djalo guy? Has someone just made that up that he's coming into be a Burgess replacement in the u 23 team?  Why or how would that even be leaked? That is just ridiculous made up nonsense.  We didn't even need Burgess, we sent him out on loan and played with Davies/Jenz/ Sheckleford / Kavanagh.   While some of those may not be world beaters, is it fair/ OK/ logical to stick them on the bench in favour of a 23 year old journeyman?

Even if it's true, why would we want a player who wants to agree to moving to England to play in a reserve team, and he'll be 24 a few months after the season starts?
Furthermore, how's about addressing priorities instead of replacing a guy who wasn't at the club most of the season
It's been reported by Ryan O'Donovan of GWL

f321ffc

http://sports.orange.fr/football/ligue-1/montpellier/article/l1-montpellier-depart-confirme-pour-steve-mounie-CNT000000KfvOx.html

Google translation.
Laurent Nicollin, the delegate president of Montpellier, confirmed the departure of Steve Mounié at Huddersfield Town. Subject to the traditional medical examination.
Present on Monday at a press conference, Laurent Nicollin, the delegate president of Montpellier, confirmed the departure of his top scorer. In spite of the competition of Freiburg and WBA, Huddersfield Town has indeed reached an agreement for the transfer of the Montpellier striker Steve Mounié (22 years). The Terriers will pay thirteen million euros, plus bonuses (2.5 million euros), to recruit Benin international, which remains on a season with 14 achievements in Ligue 1 (+ two assists). A four-year lease awaits the former Nîmois.
Mounié with Depoitre
The dossier is to be quickly formalized and the training managed by David Wagner will double with Belgian Laurent Depoitre (28 years old, FC Porto) who has committed for a two-year term ( + An additional year optional). After finalizing the final transfer Elias Kachunga (25 years old, Ingolstadt), the promoted one continues to activate the transfer market. While waiting to learn more about the future of Ryad Boudebouz, which is in particular in the sight of the Bayer Leverkusen, it will be the biggest sale of the history of the MHSC (in front of Olivier Giroud in the Gunners).
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

15.5 million eurois it seems, a lot more than we were quoted last season
Every day is a Fulham day

twang

Orlando Sá about to join Marseille for €5m after a great season in Belgium (17 goals in 29 domestic matches).

AlexW132

hovewhite

Good strikers not cheap,the better they get then value increases.

AlexW132

As long as Huddersfield were involved, we never stood a chance. We move on, hopefully to Rolán.

westcliff white

Quote from: hovewhite on June 26, 2017, 03:10:34 PM
Good strikers not cheap,the better they get then value increases.
totally agree, and his season in France enhanced his reputation

westcliff white

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 26, 2017, 03:11:34 PM
As long as Huddersfield were involved, we never stood a chance. We move on, hopefully to Rolán.
Couple of Bundesliga clubs interested in Rolan, along with Sunderland and another english club that I cant remember.