more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 28, 2017, 02:52:52 PM
As I stated on the Sess topic,John Cross is normally on the money.

Murtagh is now the sports news editor at the mirror as well. Doubtful he'd retweet if they weren't pretty sure.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: @jolslover on June 28, 2017, 02:58:54 PM
Jozabed back in training with the squad.

Though events of last season point more toward him leaving, I'd sure like to see him give Fulham a chance.....and, of course, Fulham give him one.

His loan back to La Liga last season was a confusing one.....if we wanted him to continue playing with us.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: westcliff white on June 28, 2017, 02:59:46 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on June 28, 2017, 02:55:09 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 28, 2017, 02:54:08 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on June 28, 2017, 02:51:43 PM
Maybe that replacement is Mulumbu then. Makes sense why we're looking at him now

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Too old,were not signing anyone over 28.
But on a free transfer there's little to lose. We need people happy to be on the bench yet raring to go when put on, and I see Mulumbu as a good back up to KMac

According to GWL the Malumbu thing is a non starter as we are not interested, thewy had ome live q and a thing regaridng FFc over lunch

Mate, I think you need to go and see a doctor about whatever just happened there.

westcliff white

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 28, 2017, 03:26:51 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 28, 2017, 02:59:46 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on June 28, 2017, 02:55:09 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 28, 2017, 02:54:08 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on June 28, 2017, 02:51:43 PM
Maybe that replacement is Mulumbu then. Makes sense why we're looking at him now

Too old,were not signing anyone over 28.
But on a free transfer there's little to lose. We need people happy to be on the bench yet raring to go when put on, and I see Mulumbu as a good back up to KMac

According to GWL the Malumbu thing is a non starter as we are not interested, thewy had ome live q and a thing regaridng FFc over lunch

Mate, I think you need to go and see a doctor about whatever just happened there.
lol thanks Toodles, corrected now.
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

Notes taken from Get West London Journo. Very interesting.

"Cyriac - no, Petsos - no, Kalas - club are hopeful, Piazon - club are interested but only for the right price."

"So the most realistic, so far, are definitely Djalo, while Rolan looks like it could be a go-er.
There's work to do on Fonte as Braga don't want to lose him, so it depends what Fulham come back with on him."

"Their was never any interest in Mulumbu"

"He's in London for his medical this week and they're looking at putting him into the first team, with the aim being he'll be playing for the first team this season. (Djalo)"

STH H3

toshes mate

Telegraph now repeating news about Ryan Sessegnon's new deal with Fulham.

Roberty

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: @jolslover on June 28, 2017, 03:39:28 PM

"Cyriac - no, Petsos - no, Kalas - club are hopeful, Piazon - club are interested but only for the right price."

"So the most realistic, so far, are definitely Djalo, while Rolan looks like it could be a go-er.
There's work to do on Fonte as Braga don't want to lose him, so it depends what Fulham come back with on him."

"He's in London for his medical this week and they're looking at putting him into the first team, with the aim being he'll be playing for the first team this season. (Djalo)"

Guessing Slavisa has said "no" to Cyriac (probably early on), Petsos just never seemed worthy, I'm betting we get Kalas now, Piazon sounds like no negotiation "it's our valuation or no deal".

Related to Djalo, was anything said about the supposed pushback from the coaching staff? Seems to be going to easy and no more reporting related to the coaching disagreement.

Sounds like there's a reasonable chance that we'll get one of Fonte or Rolan. Be happy days if we get one on a permanent - Cauley to be the backup????

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Roberty on June 28, 2017, 04:22:29 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on June 28, 2017, 04:02:04 PM
Telegraph now repeating news about Ryan Sessegnon's new deal with Fulham.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/28/sess-turns-pro

Thru 2020 is wonderful for us. We'll get to keep him for another full season. If we falter late and miss promotion again, we'll be absolutely PAID when the big clubs come back in for him. If we get promoted, we get a chance to give him a raise and keep him a bit longer.

westcliff white

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 28, 2017, 04:38:22 PM

Guessing Slavisa has said "no" to Cyriac (probably early on), Petsos just never seemed worthy, I'm betting we get Kalas now, Piazon sounds like no negotiation "it's our valuation or no deal".

Related to Djalo, was anything said about the supposed pushback from the coaching staff? Seems to be going to easy and no more reporting related to the coaching disagreement.

Sounds like there's a reasonable chance that we'll get one of Fonte or Rolan. Be happy days if we get one on a permanent - Cauley to be the backup????

I am hoping for 2 incoming forwards and having 3 with Cauley

hovewhite

Quote from: westcliff white on June 28, 2017, 05:30:25 PM

Agree 100% with that,but would settle for 1 forward along with cauley ,2 would be great.

twang

Quote from: hovewhite on June 28, 2017, 05:37:54 PM

Agree 100% with that,but would settle for 1 forward along with cauley ,2 would be great.

IMHO we only need one new striker if we get a Zamora type as first choice.
But we'll need two new if we get a striker like Rolán as first choice, as we'd still need that physical presence up front as well.

I don't think it would be fair for Cauley to have him around as third choice. He either needs to be involved in the match day squad regularly or be sold.

Mince n Tatties

Steve Mounie hasn't signed for Huddersfield.
Come on Fulham get the chequebook out. Yes or No?

ToodlesMcToot

Be happy with 1 marquee permanent deal, 1 loaned in for cover and Cauley. Cauley off the bench early on to see if he's made the next step up the ladder. Humphreys leading the line for the U23's.

Not sure we can afford 2 transfer fees for strikers and maintain our pursuit of Kalas or an equal replacement.

Talk of our transfer intentions and progress does sound promising.

hovewhite

All the right nioses coming from the club,with both sesses signing good news all round.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 28, 2017, 06:16:28 PM

This bloke is quality, knows where the onion bag is. 6'3", fast, mobile, sharp and good on the ground and in the air.
He is most certainly worth the extra 50p the club are chewing over.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

TXWhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 28, 2017, 07:04:49 PM

This bloke is quality, knows where the onion bag is. 6'3", fast, mobile, sharp and good on the ground and in the air.

I think when all is said and done the deal could be worth 20M. Missed our chance last summer, when we could've paid 6-7M... 20M is a massive risk.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: TXWhite on June 28, 2017, 07:10:25 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 28, 2017, 07:04:49 PM

I think when all is said and done the deal could be worth 20M. Missed our chance last summer, when we could've paid 6-7M... 20M is a massive risk.

Thought I read somewhere Huddersfield paying 8.5 mill
rising to 11...Can't see it being 20 mill,if it is no way that far too much.

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on June 28, 2017, 05:46:32 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on June 28, 2017, 05:37:54 PM

IMHO we only need one new striker if we get a Zamora type as first choice.
But we'll need two new if we get a striker like Rolán as first choice, as we'd still need that physical presence up front as well.

I don't think it would be fair for Cauley to have him around as third choice. He either needs to be involved in the match day squad regularly or be sold.
I can see your point re 1 depending on the type but still think 2 personally, however I do not think it is about being fair ti anyone its about having a decent squad for promotion, and if your playing one up front you need 2 backups and if two you need at least one back up. so that's why I say 2 needed.

filham

Quote from: hovewhite on June 28, 2017, 07:03:34 PM
All the right nioses coming from the club,with both sesses signing good news all round.
Yes, the Sess. signing has set us all in high spirits and hopefully could kick start moves for those other key signings needed,
However we must remember to keep a wary eye out for Premiership clubs sneaking up on our blind side and enticing away the likes of Cairney,