more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rweller86

And from another French website:
"According to the president of the Bordeaux Girondins, Stéphane Martin , Diego Rolan is back from his second stay in England and will participate in the afternoon training. Stéphane Martin also added that there was no "real proposal" for Nicolas Pallois and Jocelyn Gourvennec will add behind that the central defender should play his first minutes tomorrow against Real Sociedad."
@rweller

therealjaybee

Quote from: rweller86 on July 17, 2017, 04:00:33 PM
judging on the Bordeaux coach, he's expected in training today? Although doesn't know what is happening!!

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=www.girondins33.com%2FBreves-20667-jocelyn-gourvennec-il-va-falloir-qu-il-se-dcide&edit-text=&act=url

Wouldn't worry too much about that. Coach just saying that he's frustrated that it's taking so long. Hopefully it gives Rolan a little push to decide his future quicker. Don't blame him as I'm sure the coach would rather be focusing on training and preseason rather than one players imminent and inevitable transfer away from the club

rweller86

Quote from: therealjaybee on July 17, 2017, 04:03:57 PM
Quote from: rweller86 on July 17, 2017, 04:00:33 PM
judging on the Bordeaux coach, he's expected in training today? Although doesn't know what is happening!!

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=www.girondins33.com%2FBreves-20667-jocelyn-gourvennec-il-va-falloir-qu-il-se-dcide&edit-text=&act=url

Wouldn't worry too much about that. Coach just saying that he's frustrated that it's taking so long. Hopefully it gives Rolan a little push to decide his future quicker. Don't blame him as I'm sure the coach would rather be focusing on training and preseason rather than one players imminent and inevitable transfer away from the club
He's training with them this afternoon apparently though?
@rweller

Mince n Tatties

Since its disappeared off of here,I put it up again.
Harold Voyer.

rweller86

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 17, 2017, 04:06:51 PM
Harold Voyer.
Not heard anything more than we are one of a number of clubs looking at him.
@rweller

keithh

ToodlesMcToot

Harold Voyer.

bit of a ball watcher, I've heard
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Deuce

Quote from: rweller86 on July 17, 2017, 04:02:49 PM
"According to the president of the Bordeaux Girondins, Stéphane Martin , Diego Rolan is back from his second stay in England and will participate in the afternoon training. Stéphane Martin also added that there was no "real proposal" for Nicolas Pallois and Jocelyn Gourvennec will add behind that the central defender should play his first minutes tomorrow against Real Sociedad."
This is getting absurd.

So, if ive understood this correctley: He flew in, then flew back and "cleared his locker" (?), then flew in again and stayed for the weekend and now hes back in France. And in training? I guess hes just saying his goodbyes, brining his family and what not?

Not meaning to overreact or to jump to any conclusions, but this does seem weird to me.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Deuce on July 17, 2017, 04:16:29 PM
This is getting absurd.

So, if ive understood this correctley: He flew in, then flew back and "cleared his locker" (?), then flew in again and stayed for the weekend and now hes back in France. And in training? I guess hes just saying his goodbyes, brining his family and what not?

Either that or he taking the Michael out of us.

rweller86

This is getting absurd.

No idea, if it's not complete with Fulham, he is still contracted to Bordeaux and will have to honour the contract until otherwise.
@rweller

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: grandad on July 17, 2017, 03:46:23 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 17, 2017, 01:19:04 PM
Apparently we are in for Sheffield Wednesday's Atdhe Nuhiu who has scored 19 goals in 142 apps. Hardly prolific. Is this guy more of a Zamora or just not very good at scoring?
Just spoke to my neighbour who is a SW supporter. Says he is rubbish. 6´5 but poor finisher. Plan B Matt Smith type.

Rumours now suggesting we have actually made an offer. Please God NO!

wheelerdeeler

This is getting absurd.

I wouldn't put too much into it. We knew McCormack was going to either Norwich or Villa at least 2 weeks before he actually did, but he was still in training with us until it was actually finalised.

Woolly Mammoth

Harold Voyer.

Isn't he a young full back at PSG ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rweller86 on July 17, 2017, 04:08:58 PM
Harold Voyer.
Not heard anything more than we are one of a number of clubs looking at him.

Or is he looking at them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Deuce

Quote from: rweller86 on July 17, 2017, 04:17:49 PM
This is getting absurd.

No idea, if it's not complete with Fulham, he is still contracted to Bordeaux and will have to honour the contract until otherwise.
Well, yeah...but if hes just been in London discussing terms - either hes agreed to them or not. If hes agreed terms with us then surely Bordeaux isnt expecitng him to train with them since hes on the verge of joining his new club.

They wont be like "Oh, sure youre joining your new club tomorrow but that doesnt mean that you cant train with us  on monday so we need you to come back for one last session even though youve agreed tojoin another club and therefore arent part of our plans for the upcoming season".

I find it strange to bring a player back just so he can train with them, risking injury and so on. They have no need for him in training if theyve sold him.

DevonFFC

What was the most players we have unveiled in one hit, does anyone know?
Maybe the Khans do read this forum and are looking to give us the biggest unveiling in history, rolan, voyer, West spam keeper, other French left back, Wednesday donkey up top, kalas  and to top it a new kit home, away and third along with a new sponsor.

Maybe he thinks that is the only way to keep the transfer hungry fans at bay.

If he did this he would go down as the greatest chairman in football history

Count Flapula

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 17, 2017, 04:18:34 PM
Quote from: grandad on July 17, 2017, 03:46:23 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 17, 2017, 01:19:04 PM
Apparently we are in for Sheffield Wednesday's Atdhe Nuhiu who has scored 19 goals in 142 apps. Hardly prolific. Is this guy more of a Zamora or just not very good at scoring?
Just spoke to my neighbour who is a SW supporter. Says he is rubbish. 6´5 but poor finisher. Plan B Matt Smith type.

Rumours now suggesting we have actually made an offer. Please God NO!

Hoping and praying to Jehovah this is rubbish - if we have any aspirations to go up, why sell Matt Smith and THEN replace him 7 months later with a less prolific, less technically gifted (if thats even possible!) downgrade?

Think a stoned / depressed Shefki Kuqi and then you get an idea of what we're dealing with here. Complete waste of time and wages.

PokerMatt

Quote from: ollienixs on July 17, 2017, 04:44:12 PM
What was the most players we have unveiled in one hit, does anyone know?
Maybe the Khans do read this forum and are looking to give us the biggest unveiling in history, rolan, voyer, West spam keeper, other French left back, Wednesday donkey up top, kalas  and to top it a new kit home, away and third along with a new sponsor.

Maybe he thinks that is the only way to keep the transfer hungry fans at bay.

If he did this he would go down as the greatest chairman in football history
Yeah but what about the next day? We wouldn't have signed anyone for at least 24 hours.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

The Rock

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2017, 09:35:56 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 07, 2017, 11:39:34 AM
Fulham could resign Maarten Stekelenburg?

Too miserable, snotty,  and made of glass.

Please replace with "Mark Schwartzer". He's prolly my age but I bet he'd still be up to it. And yes, I am sure I spelt his name wrong for the millionth time.

General

Re Rolan, so far we know he's been back and forth a couple of times and according to sources in the club the deal is 90% done.. whilst Rolan has apparently also been seen clearing out his stuff.

We've been very lucky to get the inside developments re this protracted transfer from Westcliff White and I'm sure if people were patient we will learn more as time goes on.

The thing that strikes me with all this negativity and judgemental attitude is that it's all based on impatience.. because we're all more informed. For all we know this could be a standard procedure for signings.. can we be a bit more realistic about what is happening here... a man is deciding whether or not to change his entire life's direction and live in an entirely different country with the premise of doing so to play for our club... it's not a black and white scenario of paying for something like a chunk of meat and having a straightforward exchange.

If the player is back with bordeaux it could be for a whole host of reasons.. he may simply not want to sign for us (which some people seem to want to infer - despite the player having not said anything about it)... bordeaux may be haggling over price because they want to see a double deal so rolan or bordeaux feels it's better to have him train with them until all's sorted.. or fulham may have simply tried sweetening the deal by allowing Rolan time to say his goodbyes properly...which could be a very classy act if so.

What's clear though is that the club are trying hard to get the man on board.. that he has shown genuine signs of interest in signing by coming back a second time and whilst it's not across the line we should be trying to keep a perspective to this whole thing. For years we've questioned the length it takes to sign players, cursing the club with little information of why these things take this long... well we may be finding out why and that may make things seems to progress further faster but we have to get used to seeing things for how they may actually normally be and all these stages and how they add up to securing a deal in real time.

This could take another two weeks for visa's and a medical as he's Uruguayan for instance... keep your heads ladies and gentlemen.