more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: General on July 17, 2017, 04:55:58 PM
Re Rolan, so far we know he's been back and forth a couple of times and according to sources in the club the deal is 90% done.. whilst Rolan has apparently also been seen clearing out his stuff.

We've been very lucky to get the inside developments re this protracted transfer from Westcliff White and I'm sure if people were patient we will learn more as time goes on.

The thing that strikes me with all this negativity and judgemental attitude is that it's all based on impatience.. because we're all more informed. For all we know this could be a standard procedure for signings.. can we be a bit more realistic about what is happening here... a man is deciding whether or not to change his entire life's direction and live in an entirely different country with the premise of doing so to play for our club... it's not a black and white scenario of paying for something like a chunk of meat and having a straightforward exchange.

If the player is back with bordeaux it could be for a whole host of reasons.. he may simply not want to sign for us (which some people seem to want to infer - despite the player having not said anything about it)... bordeaux may be haggling over price because they want to see a double deal so rolan or bordeaux feels it's better to have him train with them until all's sorted.. or fulham may have simply tried sweetening the deal by allowing Rolan time to say his goodbyes properly...which could be a very classy act if so.

What's clear though is that the club are trying hard to get the man on board.. that he has shown genuine signs of interest in signing by coming back a second time and whilst it's not across the line we should be trying to keep a perspective to this whole thing. For years we've questioned the length it takes to sign players, cursing the club with little information of why these things take this long... well we may be finding out why and that may make things seems to progress further faster but we have to get used to seeing things for how they may actually normally be and all these stages and how they add up to securing a deal in real time.

This could take another two weeks for visa's and a medical as he's Uruguayan for instance... keep your heads ladies and gentlemen.

Well said.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Christy

Re Rolan, so far we know he's been back and forth a couple of times and according to sources in the club the deal is 90% done.. whilst Rolan has apparently also been seen clearing out his stuff.

We've been very lucky to get the inside developments re this protracted transfer from Westcliff White and I'm sure if people were patient we will learn more as time goes on.

The thing that strikes me with all this negativity and judgemental attitude is that it's all based on impatience.. because we're all more informed. For all we know this could be a standard procedure for signings.. can we be a bit more realistic about what is happening here... a man is deciding whether or not to change his entire life's direction and live in an entirely different country with the premise of doing so to play for our club... it's not a black and white scenario of paying for something like a chunk of meat and having a straightforward exchange.

If the player is back with bordeaux it could be for a whole host of reasons.. he may simply not want to sign for us (which some people seem to want to infer - despite the player having not said anything about it)... bordeaux may be haggling over price because they want to see a double deal so rolan or bordeaux feels it's better to have him train with them until all's sorted.. or fulham may have simply tried sweetening the deal by allowing Rolan time to say his goodbyes properly...which could be a very classy act if so.

What's clear though is that the club are trying hard to get the man on board.. that he has shown genuine signs of interest in signing by coming back a second time and whilst it's not across the line we should be trying to keep a perspective to this whole thing. For years we've questioned the length it takes to sign players, cursing the club with little information of why these things take this long... well we may be finding out why and that may make things seems to progress further faster but we have to get used to seeing things for how they may actually normally be and all these stages and how they add up to securing a deal in real time.

This could take another two weeks for visa's and a medical as he's Uruguayan for instance... keep your heads ladies and gentlemen.

Excellent post.

DevonFFC

You're far to rational for this site. But great post non the less

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on July 17, 2017, 04:49:08 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2017, 09:35:56 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 07, 2017, 11:39:34 AM
Fulham could resign Maarten Stekelenburg?

Too miserable, snotty,  and made of glass.

Please replace with "Mark Schwartzer". He's prolly my age but I bet he'd still be up to it. And yes, I am sure I spelt his name wrong for the millionth time.

No you are ok, the name Mark is the correct spelling.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Fulham mulling Murphy move

Fulham are one of a number of clubs considering making a move for Brighton and Hove Albion winger Jamie Murphy, according to a Sky Sports News report this afternoon.

Albion appear to have concluded that Murphy is surplus to requirements as they plan for their first season in the Premier League and the 27 year-old's availability has sparked a scramble for his services both in his native Scotland and south of the border. Murphy made 40 appearances – scoring twice – as Brighton earned automatic promotion from the Championship last season and has been a consistent performer from the Seagulls since signing from Sheffield United in August 2015. His form during the second half of the season merited an international call-up for Scotland's most recent round of European Championship qualifiers, although he has yet to gain a full international cap.

Murphy is reportedly keen to stay with Brighton and is hoping to convince Albion that is worth a new contract, but Sky's report suggested that bids of around £4m would be considered by the newly-promoted club. Slavisa Jokanovic is known to be eager to bolster his attacking options, having only added loanee Lucas Piazon to his squad late last week, but Fulham are likely to face serious competition from Rangers, Celtic and recently relegated Sunderland.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/07/fulham-mulling-murphy-move/

Woolly Mammoth

Have you seen my head lately ?
That was a good post General, and fair comments.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 17, 2017, 05:11:12 PM
Fulham mulling Murphy move

Fulham are one of a number of clubs considering making a move for Brighton and Hove Albion winger Jamie Murphy, according to a Sky Sports News report this afternoon.

Albion appear to have concluded that Murphy is surplus to requirements as they plan for their first season in the Premier League and the 27 year-old's availability has sparked a scramble for his services both in his native Scotland and south of the border. Murphy made 40 appearances – scoring twice – as Brighton earned automatic promotion from the Championship last season and has been a consistent performer from the Seagulls since signing from Sheffield United in August 2015. His form during the second half of the season merited an international call-up for Scotland's most recent round of European Championship qualifiers, although he has yet to gain a full international cap.

Murphy is reportedly keen to stay with Brighton and is hoping to convince Albion that is worth a new contract, but Sky's report suggested that bids of around £4m would be considered by the newly-promoted club. Slavisa Jokanovic is known to be eager to bolster his attacking options, having only added loanee Lucas Piazon to his squad late last week, but Fulham are likely to face serious competition from Rangers, Celtic and recently relegated Sunderland.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/07/fulham-mulling-murphy-move/

He wouldn't be a bad signing, very interesting.

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

This ongoing saga with Rolan is getting out of hand & so Fulhamish.
Other clubs seem to complete their transfers within 48 hours.
Where there's a will there's a wife

mkras99

Oliver Harbord‏Verified account
@ojharbord
Being told Tomas Kalas' future is still uncertain. Negotiations ongoing but he's unclear where he'll be playing next season #cfc #hcfc #ffc

Lighthouse

There are two problems with the call for patience. This protracted transfer has been going on for some time now. I was shocked to look back on Twitter to when the rumour first surfaced. Secondly we as a club have known for some time we are in need of a striker. Ever since we sold Dembele etc. It really isn't that normal to have things go on so long. Not sure we are really better informed than we have ever been. I appreciate the inside news but there is a limit how far that can go. All we know, even with all the inside gossip is what we would have learned anyway. Admittedly the same news does get repeated endlessly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Count Flapula

Newcastle just signed Jacob Murphy from Norwich for £12m - hopefully their reported interest in Rolan will recede (if reports were true)...

Riversider

Quote from: Count Flapula on July 17, 2017, 04:48:11 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 17, 2017, 04:18:34 PM
Quote from: grandad on July 17, 2017, 03:46:23 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 17, 2017, 01:19:04 PM
Apparently we are in for Sheffield Wednesday's Atdhe Nuhiu who has scored 19 goals in 142 apps. Hardly prolific. Is this guy more of a Zamora or just not very good at scoring?
Just spoke to my neighbour who is a SW supporter. Says he is rubbish. 6´5 but poor finisher. Plan B Matt Smith type.

Rumours now suggesting we have actually made an offer. Please God NO!

Hoping and praying to Jehovah this is rubbish - if we have any aspirations to go up, why sell Matt Smith and THEN replace him 7 months later with a less prolific, less technically gifted (if thats even possible!) downgrade?

Think a stoned / depressed Shefki Kuqi and then you get an idea of what we're dealing with here. Complete waste of time and wages.

Think we're going for the wrong Wednesday player, remember the home game against Blackburn and their brought a sub on and the game changed completely, think his name was Joao , and he was on loan from Wednesday,
Whatever happened to him, looked to have pace and was a big physical presence.

hovewhite

We cant control what happens,piontless getting the hump,Just chilland have anther beer.
Itll be alright nobody is dying plus its the way of football.
Just chill out.

Lighthouse

Quote from: hovewhite on July 17, 2017, 05:29:33 PM
We cant control what happens,piontless getting the hump,Just chilland have anther beer.
Itll be alright nobody is dying plus its the way of football.
Just chill out.

Well if we all chilled out and sat here smoking a mushroom and sniffing talcum powder. Oh yes I am up with the Sixties youth. It would all be very dull and MBs like FOF wouldn't exist. Best always to panic and convince yourself that everything is awful. it usually is so why pretend otherwise.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Sorry for the late update, work got in the way.

Rolan is 90% done, however he has returned to training as the deal is not yet complete, personally I think that's the professional thing to do from all sides as he stays fit. The is an issue and that's the 10%, that issue is Newcastle. They have informed Bordeaux they will match our offer if their other targets are not forthcoming, Rolan is hesitating due to this. We have given both club and player and ultimatum and continue to further our other targets.

Just relaying info I've been given from the other side of the channel, not saying that the  deal will  or won't happen just updates my you
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 05:43:38 PM

Rolan is 90% done, however he has returned to training as the deal is not yet complete, personally I think that's the professional thing to do from all sides as he stays fit. The is an issue and that's the 10%, that issue is Newcastle. They have informed Bordeaux they will match our offer if their other targets are not forthcoming, Rolan is hesitating due to this. We have given both club and player and ultimatum and continue to further our other targets.

Just relaying info I've been given from the other side of the channel, not saying that the  deal will  or won't happen just updates my you

If this goes through WW, I shall recommend you receive a percentage of the commission. 💸💵💴💶💷💰

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 17, 2017, 05:50:24 PM

If this goes through WW, I shall recommend you receive a percentage of the commission. 💸💵💴💶💷💰
The way I feel right now if it goes through I'll be amazed

I can't fault FFC but never known any deal to take this long

westcliff white

Breaking news Newcastle agree 12m deal to sign jacob Murphy from Brighton, maybe one of their targets

westcliff white

Chesh

If this information is true (regarding his continued hesitation), then I think it is time for Fulham to tell him to do one.

He's got the chance to lead the line for a Championship contender, and hopefully take them up, or be 5th choice to warm the bench for a perennial under achiever in the Premier League.

Surely he can see that Newcastle will only pay the fee if they are desperate, whereas we really want him to join our club.

If he'd rather be someone's 'last throw of the dice' then he can't have a very high opinion of himself, and I'd be vary wary of that sort of character coming into the club.

Of course, there may be other more palatable reasons for the delay, in which case I hope we get it over the line.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)