Author Topic: The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18  (Read 470321 times)

Offline Riversider

• Legend
  • The Red Hand of Fulham
Re: The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18
« Reply #2400 on: July 17, 2017, 05:27:43 PM »
Apparently we are in for Sheffield Wednesday's Atdhe Nuhiu who has scored 19 goals in 142 apps. Hardly prolific. Is this guy more of a Zamora or just not very good at scoring?
Just spoke to my neighbour who is a SW supporter. Says he is rubbish. 6´5 but poor finisher. Plan B Matt Smith type.

Rumours now suggesting we have actually made an offer. Please God NO!

Hoping and praying to Jehovah this is rubbish - if we have any aspirations to go up, why sell Matt Smith and THEN replace him 7 months later with a less prolific, less technically gifted (if thats even possible!) downgrade?

Think a stoned / depressed Shefki Kuqi and then you get an idea of what we're dealing with here. Complete waste of time and wages.

Think we're going for the wrong Wednesday player, remember the home game against Blackburn and their brought a sub on and the game changed completely, think his name was Joao , and he was on loan from Wednesday,
Whatever happened to him, looked to have pace and was a big physical presence.

Offline hovewhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #2401 on: July 17, 2017, 05:29:33 PM »
We cant control what happens,piontless getting the hump,Just chilland have anther beer.
Itll be alright nobody is dying plus its the way of football.
Just chill out.

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #2402 on: July 17, 2017, 05:36:39 PM »
We cant control what happens,piontless getting the hump,Just chilland have anther beer.
Itll be alright nobody is dying plus its the way of football.
Just chill out.

Well if we all chilled out and sat here smoking a mushroom and sniffing talcum powder. Oh yes I am up with the Sixties youth. It would all be very dull and MBs like FOF wouldn't exist. Best always to panic and convince yourself that everything is awful. it usually is so why pretend otherwise.

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #2403 on: July 17, 2017, 05:43:38 PM »
Sorry for the late update, work got in the way.

Rolan is 90% done, however he has returned to training as the deal is not yet complete, personally I think that's the professional thing to do from all sides as he stays fit. The is an issue and that's the 10%, that issue is Newcastle. They have informed Bordeaux they will match our offer if their other targets are not forthcoming, Rolan is hesitating due to this. We have given both club and player and ultimatum and continue to further our other targets.

Just relaying info I've been given from the other side of the channel, not saying that the  deal will  or won't happen just updates my you

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #2404 on: July 17, 2017, 05:50:24 PM »

Rolan is 90% done, however he has returned to training as the deal is not yet complete, personally I think that's the professional thing to do from all sides as he stays fit. The is an issue and that's the 10%, that issue is Newcastle. They have informed Bordeaux they will match our offer if their other targets are not forthcoming, Rolan is hesitating due to this. We have given both club and player and ultimatum and continue to further our other targets.

Just relaying info I've been given from the other side of the channel, not saying that the  deal will  or won't happen just updates my you

If this goes through WW, I shall recommend you receive a percentage of the commission. 💸💵💴💶💷💰

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #2405 on: July 17, 2017, 05:55:09 PM »

If this goes through WW, I shall recommend you receive a percentage of the commission. 💸💵💴💶💷💰
The way I feel right now if it goes through I'll be amazed

I can't fault FFC but never known any deal to take this long

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #2406 on: July 17, 2017, 05:56:25 PM »
Breaking news Newcastle agree 12m deal to sign jacob Murphy from Brighton, maybe one of their targets

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #2407 on: July 17, 2017, 05:59:19 PM »
I meant Norwich not Brighton

Offline Chesh

• Legend
« Reply #2408 on: July 17, 2017, 06:05:44 PM »
If this information is true (regarding his continued hesitation), then I think it is time for Fulham to tell him to do one.

He's got the chance to lead the line for a Championship contender, and hopefully take them up, or be 5th choice to warm the bench for a perennial under achiever in the Premier League.

Surely he can see that Newcastle will only pay the fee if they are desperate, whereas we really want him to join our club.

If he'd rather be someone's 'last throw of the dice' then he can't have a very high opinion of himself, and I'd be vary wary of that sort of character coming into the club.

Of course, there may be other more palatable reasons for the delay, in which case I hope we get it over the line.

Offline Tabby

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #2409 on: July 17, 2017, 06:12:57 PM »
Breaking news Newcastle agree 12m deal to sign jacob Murphy from Brighton, maybe one of their targets

That is a pretty high fee for him I think, and a big step up. Looked pretty good whenever I saw him last season, but this could be this season's Jordon Ibe.

Offline hovewhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #2410 on: July 17, 2017, 06:13:21 PM »
The piont of signing a player is he wants to b here.if he cant b sure dont bother signing him as you end up with martin of derby,to the team sweat FA.

Offline wheelerdeeler

• tjl
« Reply #2411 on: July 17, 2017, 06:34:29 PM »
The piont of signing a player is he wants to b here.if he cant b sure dont bother signing him as you end up with martin of derby,to the team sweat FA.

The differences would be Rolan wouldn't have a parent club to go back to if we were to sign him permanently. Is it ideal that the move's gone on for absolutely ages? No. However, if it does happen we've got one of the best Strikers in the Championship, and if it doesn't according to Westcliff we've progressed with other Striker targets while Rolan's been stalled.

Offline f321ffc

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #2412 on: July 17, 2017, 06:37:07 PM »
Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ
·
22m

BREAKING NEWS: Joe Hart has passed his West Ham medical ahead of proposed loan move from Manchester City, according to Sky sources.

Offline BestOfBrede

• MAESTRO
« Reply #2413 on: July 17, 2017, 06:52:33 PM »
Agree with Chesh, if he is waiting on Newcastle then he doesn't really want to be here - so long pal
We have other options so let's stop fannying about and go get those!
The wally will end up losing out if Newc pull out due to better purchases.
Newc are only showing an interest because they are attempting to delay us getting him, due to still crying over Tom Cairney!

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #2414 on: July 17, 2017, 06:56:29 PM »
If this information is true (regarding his continued hesitation), then I think it is time for Fulham to tell him to do one.

He's got the chance to lead the line for a Championship contender, and hopefully take them up, or be 5th choice to warm the bench for a perennial under achiever in the Premier League.

Surely he can see that Newcastle will only pay the fee if they are desperate, whereas we really want him to join our club.

If he'd rather be someone's 'last throw of the dice' then he can't have a very high opinion of himself, and I'd be vary wary of that sort of character coming into the club.

Of course, there may be other more palatable reasons for the delay, in which case I hope we get it over the line.

while I agree I can see why he would hesitate, world cup year, possibly a big move, he wants to make the best choice he can.

but we have issued an ultimatum apparently

Offline HillingdonFFC

• Legend
« Reply #2415 on: July 17, 2017, 07:07:30 PM »

while I agree I can see why he would hesitate, world cup year, possibly a big move, he wants to make the best choice he can.

Spoke to a big Newcastle fan today & he said hes heard absolutely nothing up there about their interest in Rolan, thats not to say they're not but with all due respect to Rolan wouldnt they be setting their sights a little higher?

Offline Newry FFC

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #2416 on: July 17, 2017, 07:13:46 PM »
anyone know where the €10m figure came from and how it changed to half price a week later? Sounds an obscene figure to pay for a player with one year contract left

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #2417 on: July 17, 2017, 07:16:28 PM »

Spoke to a big Newcastle fan today & he said hes heard absolutely nothing up there about their interest in Rolan, thats not to say they're not but with all due respect to Rolan wouldnt they be setting their sights a little higher?
Rolan almost moved for 20 million euros last summer, 9 in 19 starts last season, so he is attractive to a lot of clubs particularly those like us or those promoted.

Having said that he isn't the first choice he is 2nd or 3rd but they have told Bordeaux they will match out offer if the cant further other targets. I can guarantee you they are interested and have spoken to Bordeaux twice in the last 7 days to keep them upto date.

Offline hovewhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #2418 on: July 17, 2017, 07:25:26 PM »
Can understand the player as ive said buying a quality striker is hard and we have no forbidden right to sign him.get real.championship,premier league (hate to say it only one winner)
If the case move on fulham
Far more importan resign kalas play kebano or woodrow through the middle if we cant get a striker.

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #2419 on: July 17, 2017, 07:26:36 PM »
sadly I don't think Kebano and Woodrow playing upfront will be noeugh to get us up. Although I would really love it if Woodrow stepped up to the plate