more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 05:56:25 PM
Breaking news Newcastle agree 12m deal to sign jacob Murphy from Brighton, maybe one of their targets

That is a pretty high fee for him I think, and a big step up. Looked pretty good whenever I saw him last season, but this could be this season's Jordon Ibe.

hovewhite

The piont of signing a player is he wants to b here.if he cant b sure dont bother signing him as you end up with martin of derby,to the team sweat FA.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: hovewhite on July 17, 2017, 06:13:21 PM
The piont of signing a player is he wants to b here.if he cant b sure dont bother signing him as you end up with martin of derby,to the team sweat FA.

The differences would be Rolan wouldn't have a parent club to go back to if we were to sign him permanently. Is it ideal that the move's gone on for absolutely ages? No. However, if it does happen we've got one of the best Strikers in the Championship, and if it doesn't according to Westcliff we've progressed with other Striker targets while Rolan's been stalled.

f321ffc

Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ
·
22m

BREAKING NEWS: Joe Hart has passed his West Ham medical ahead of proposed loan move from Manchester City, according to Sky sources.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

BestOfBrede

Agree with Chesh, if he is waiting on Newcastle then he doesn't really want to be here - so long pal
We have other options so let's stop fannying about and go get those!
The wally will end up losing out if Newc pull out due to better purchases.
Newc are only showing an interest because they are attempting to delay us getting him, due to still crying over Tom Cairney!

westcliff white

Quote from: Chesh on July 17, 2017, 06:05:44 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 05:43:38 PM
Rolan is 90% done, however he has returned to training as the deal is not yet complete, personally I think that's the professional thing to do from all sides as he stays fit. The is an issue and that's the 10%, that issue is Newcastle. They have informed Bordeaux they will match our offer if their other targets are not forthcoming, Rolan is hesitating due to this. We have given both club and player and ultimatum and continue to further our other targets.
If this information is true (regarding his continued hesitation), then I think it is time for Fulham to tell him to do one.

He's got the chance to lead the line for a Championship contender, and hopefully take them up, or be 5th choice to warm the bench for a perennial under achiever in the Premier League.

Surely he can see that Newcastle will only pay the fee if they are desperate, whereas we really want him to join our club.

If he'd rather be someone's 'last throw of the dice' then he can't have a very high opinion of himself, and I'd be vary wary of that sort of character coming into the club.

Of course, there may be other more palatable reasons for the delay, in which case I hope we get it over the line.

while I agree I can see why he would hesitate, world cup year, possibly a big move, he wants to make the best choice he can.

but we have issued an ultimatum apparently
Every day is a Fulham day

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 06:56:29 PM
Rolan is 90% done, however he has returned to training as the deal is not yet complete, personally I think that's the professional thing to do from all sides as he stays fit. The is an issue and that's the 10%, that issue is Newcastle. They have informed Bordeaux they will match our offer if their other targets are not forthcoming, Rolan is hesitating due to this. We have given both club and player and ultimatum and continue to further our other targets.
If this information is true (regarding his continued hesitation), then I think it is time for Fulham to tell him to do one.

He's got the chance to lead the line for a Championship contender, and hopefully take them up, or be 5th choice to warm the bench for a perennial under achiever in the Premier League.

Surely he can see that Newcastle will only pay the fee if they are desperate, whereas we really want him to join our club.

If he'd rather be someone's 'last throw of the dice' then he can't have a very high opinion of himself, and I'd be vary wary of that sort of character coming into the club.

Of course, there may be other more palatable reasons for the delay, in which case I hope we get it over the line.

while I agree I can see why he would hesitate, world cup year, possibly a big move, he wants to make the best choice he can.

Spoke to a big Newcastle fan today & he said hes heard absolutely nothing up there about their interest in Rolan, thats not to say they're not but with all due respect to Rolan wouldnt they be setting their sights a little higher?

aaronmcguigan

anyone know where the €10m figure came from and how it changed to half price a week later? Sounds an obscene figure to pay for a player with one year contract left

westcliff white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 17, 2017, 07:07:30 PM

Spoke to a big Newcastle fan today & he said hes heard absolutely nothing up there about their interest in Rolan, thats not to say they're not but with all due respect to Rolan wouldnt they be setting their sights a little higher?
Rolan almost moved for 20 million euros last summer, 9 in 19 starts last season, so he is attractive to a lot of clubs particularly those like us or those promoted.

Having said that he isn't the first choice he is 2nd or 3rd but they have told Bordeaux they will match out offer if the cant further other targets. I can guarantee you they are interested and have spoken to Bordeaux twice in the last 7 days to keep them upto date.

hovewhite

Can understand the player as ive said buying a quality striker is hard and we have no forbidden right to sign him.get real.championship,premier league (hate to say it only one winner)
If the case move on fulham
Far more importan resign kalas play kebano or woodrow through the middle if we cant get a striker.

westcliff white

sadly I don't think Kebano and Woodrow playing upfront will be noeugh to get us up. Although I would really love it if Woodrow stepped up to the plate

f321ffc

Saw it on one of their message boards, seemed to think it funny that they were "competing with Fulham"
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Rambler

This Rolan deal is probably our 'soap story' of the summer. Will he, Won't he.
Nevertheless thank you west cliff white as it's enjoyable to keep up to date with how things are going.
Do you know much about how the poundje deal is progressing, or anything else for that matter (young German keanu staude)?

westcliff white

Quote from: Rambler on July 17, 2017, 07:30:33 PM
This Rolan deal is probably our 'soap story' of the summer. Will he, Won't he.
Nevertheless thank you west cliff white as it's enjoyable to keep up to date with how things are going.
Do you know much about how the poundje deal is progressing, or anything else for that matter (young German keanu staude)?
Thanks, I only pass on info I hear and don't say if It will happen etc. I used to live in Belgium and a friend worked in the media and I used to help out at weekends and evening games, good way to get to see games, hence how I get my info.

Re Rolan I think it will be resolved this week one way or the other.

Poundje is a bit behind the Rolan deal, however he has been injured and I believe there are some concerns about his fitness at present, although it doesn't appear o be anything to serious

I know nothing about the German lad

Jonaldiniho 88

I'm sure he has spoken to his international manager and asked if tearing up the championship would be enough to get picked. You have to believe that scoring for fun at our level (absolutely no guarantee that will happen obviously) is more likely to get a somewhat experienced international more quodos than sitting on the bench for a PL club. All I know of this player is from talkSPORT's south/Central American expert Tim vickery I believe. I posted a while ago what he said. He did say it would be a coup if we could get him. He was keen on the rawhide theme "Rolan, Rolan, Rolan, keep those wagons Rolan..." whilst on a lesser note saying he could play across the front line. Most players back themselves and he probably believes he would make a starting spot a Newcastle his own. Good on him for having that confidence. Just sign for us and be the leagues top scorer. Cheers. Problem solved.

Jonaldiniho 88

On from my previous post this could mean he is not going to be our main striker. If we got him and another quality striker do we even need defenders? I actually think he would be our main striker but think with a fluid front three of Rolan, aluko, ayite, neeskins and sess we would be in a strong position. I think we need a Matt smith however just to give us that something else and when closing a game out a big strong player who is good at set peices either end of the pitch is important.

ToodlesMcToot

Mr. Westcliff White,

With the supposed medical clearance for Hart at West Ham, the rumors surrounding Adrian moving would seem to be more plausible. I don't read every post in this thread. So, I might have missed it if you addressed any possible Adrian to Fulham loan possibilities.

Have you heard anything along those lines? Mutual interest? Or beyond?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 17, 2017, 07:45:49 PM
Mr. Westcliff White,

With the supposed medical clearance for Hart at West Ham, the rumors surrounding Adrian moving would seem to be more plausible. I don't read every post in this thread. So, I might have missed it if you addressed any possible Adrian to Fulham loan possibilities.

Have you heard anything along those lines? Mutual interest? Or beyond?
I have not addressed that move at all, if he was available it would be a good deal for us but I have no info on that

JoelH5

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 07:16:28 PM

Rolan almost moved for 20 million euros last summer, 9 in 19 starts last season, so he is attractive to a lot of clubs particularly those like us or those promoted.

Having said that he isn't the first choice he is 2nd or 3rd but they have told Bordeaux they will match out offer if the cant further other targets. I can guarantee you they are interested and have spoken to Bordeaux twice in the last 7 days to keep them upto date.

So basically if Newcastle find someone we will get him, if not, they'll sign him
I was there, standing in the Putney end

F(f)CUK

Sky suggesting that PSG looking to pay Neymar's release clause...£195million