https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Quote from: Deuce on August 21, 2017, 09:09:28 AM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 20, 2017, 07:50:46 PM
Cameron Carter-Vickers not in the 18 vs Chelsea today. Considering they've signed 2 CBs this summer, could be a good move to keep him in London and get him some first team football. Not sure he'd crack Ream/Kalas but would be an upgrade over Djalo/Madl I believe.
If I were his agent or involved in any way at United, I'd advised against a move to us. There are a lot of other Championship clubs where he'd be a starter but for us I'd say he'd be 4th choice after Odoi, and thats not a good career move even if its a loan.

Apart from the fact he's at Spurs and may be 3rd choice for Fulham, I'd agree with you

FFC1987

So.....Rafa Soares, any updated info? Something to get excited about?

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 21, 2017, 10:52:52 AM

There was chat yesterday he'd passed his medical but I havent seen it confirmed anywhere...

It's also a 4.2 on transfer whispers whatever the hell that means.

Marcel_Gecov

From Sky Sports (Interesting how the odds on Sessegnon change in line with this)

Ryan Sessegnon - Sky sources are saying Tottenham are contemplating a bid for the Fulham defender. We're also hearing there is significant interest from Manchester United. From Fulham's perspective, only a bid that's too good to refuse would be acceptable. If United sign him, they'd consider immediately loaning him back to the Championship club. We are told Fulham are likely to stay strong - at least in this window.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 21, 2017, 10:57:16 AM

There was chat yesterday he'd passed his medical but I havent seen it confirmed anywhere...

Yes I quoted myself. Up to 4.6 now... any ideas on what the 0.4 difference is dependent on?

rweller86

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 21, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Yes I quoted myself. Up to 4.6 now... any ideas on what the 0.4 difference is dependent on?
I think they work it out on the number of news reports about the player.
@rweller

mkras99

Jan Hagen‏
@PortuBall
Porto's Rafa Soares has confirmed he'll join Fulham on loan: "I want to follow the example of Ricardo[Pereira]. I believe I will come back."

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: mkras99 on August 21, 2017, 04:18:46 PM
Jan Hagen‏
@PortuBall
Porto's Rafa Soares has confirmed he'll join Fulham on loan: "I want to follow the example of Ricardo[Pereira]. I believe I will come back."

Sounds promising for the 'option to buy' clause :)

Deeping_white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 21, 2017, 04:33:57 PM
Jan Hagen‏
@PortuBall

I think that quote is lifted from an interview he did where he also went on to say that if we got promoted to the premier league then he'd want to stay as it's his ambition to play there

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 21, 2017, 04:41:32 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 21, 2017, 04:33:57 PM
Jan Hagen‏
@PortuBall

I think that quote is lifted from an interview he did where he also went on to say that if we got promoted to the premier league then he'd want to stay as it's his ambition to play there

I hate it when there's no context!

westcliff white

Quote from: rweller86 on August 21, 2017, 04:17:36 PM

As well as how many times in social media etc
Every day is a Fulham day

Joseffc

Quote from: westcliff white on August 21, 2017, 05:05:22 PM
Quote from: rweller86 on August 21, 2017, 04:17:36 PM

As well as how many times in social media etc

It is a complex algorithm that does all of the above and also factors in the reliability on the news sources. I.e. a story broken by The Daily Mail would not get the same grade/ranking as one broken by The BBC or The Telegraph for example

Keynsham

I would be interested to see what the algorithm rates as a good source, and what it doesn't. 

And who it is that rates the sources too.

hovewhite

Will be good if true,I will wait for offal conformation!

Barry@ENF

Quote from: hovewhite on August 21, 2017, 05:44:50 PM
Will be good if true,I will wait for offal conformation!
That must be the sign of a truly patient man.

mkras99

Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko  Aug 20
More
Fulham looking at Rob Atkinson. Classy centre half from Basingstoke. Been at Palace and Bolton. Bit in paper.

aaronmcguigan

Soares 4.6
Poundje 1.3
Rolan 1.2
Wells 1.1

Madl 3.9
Sessegnon 2.0
Ream 1.5
McDonald 1.1

They're based on algorithms, but  the internet is full of "influencers", people paid per article, and the pressure of being the one to break new news means a lot of sh** will be shovelled before anyone gets to any decent information
For example on Brightons list, there are 14 players listed rumours to be joining, from Ulloa, Niasse to Forshaw and Iwobi, and they've gone and signed someone not even rumoured in any sites or papers  called Dwamena. It's a combination of clubs being discrete, and quality or lack of quality of journalism

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Keynsham on August 21, 2017, 05:29:08 PM
I would be interested to see what the algorithm rates as a good source, and what it doesn't. 

And who it is that rates the sources too.

Yawn!

hovewhite

twang

Quote from: mkras99 on August 21, 2017, 05:50:20 PM
Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko  Aug 20
More
Fulham looking at Rob Atkinson. Classy centre half from Basingstoke. Been at Palace and Bolton. Bit in paper.

Could be the centre back trialist in the U23 match tonight?