watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not surprised no one is rooting for Reading

Started by dannyboi-ffc, May 11, 2017, 09:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

I can see reasons for wanting the other 3 promoted.

Fulham- beautiful ground, great away day, nice club, play good football, was in the prem for a long time and are a familiar face, offer a bit of character that's different to the big clubs, good chance of not going straight back down.

Huddersfield- newish decent ground, nice fans, family club, never been in the prem before, the underdogs from the start.

Wednesday- big club, big fan base, big stadium, create a good atmosphere, fit into the up their own arse syndrome of a premier league club, good chance of not going straight back down.

Reading- I've got nothing. They're just dull. Soulless ground, never did anything worth writing home about in the prem, even though we've won nothing down the years we've had great history with our personnel. Even their GD doesn't get the pulse racing.

Harsh or just bluntly telling it how it is?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

ffc2004

If you put similar on Twitter I bet you'd get some angry Reading and the odd SW response!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: ffc2004 on May 11, 2017, 09:32:43 AM
If you put similar on Twitter I bet you'd get some angry Reading and the odd SW response!

I'm not stupid lol. If I put it on twitter then that would make me a troll looking to wind other fans up. I'm just asking you guys if you have been thinking the same

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Woolly Mammoth

Reading did well to get into the Premier League previously. I cannot see them achieving it again on this occasion, I understand the logic in the question, but somebody in Berkshire loves them. Let's hope we can make sure they do not go back up this time round.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

_Putney_

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 11, 2017, 09:29:50 AM

Fulham- beautiful ground, great away day, nice club, play good football, was in the prem for a long time and are a familiar face, offer a bit of character that's different to the big clubs, good chance of not going straight back down.

Huddersfield- newish decent ground, nice fans, family club, never been in the prem before, the underdogs from the start.

Wednesday- big club, big fan base, big stadium, create a good atmosphere, fit into the up their own arse syndrome of a premier league club, good chance of not going straight back down.

Reading- I've got nothing. Their just dull. Soulless ground, never did anything worth writing home about in the prem, even though we've won nothing down the years we've had great history with our personnel. Even their GD doesn't get the pulse racing.

Agree with all of this.  Sad for their fans that they lost what was a classic old football ground, replaced with a soulless bowl in the middle of nowhere.

Imagine if that happened to us... A big bowl in Feltham.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: _Putney_ on May 11, 2017, 10:02:35 AM

Reading- I've got nothing. Their just dull. Soulless ground, never did anything worth writing home about in the prem, even though we've won nothing down the years we've had great history with our personnel. Even their GD doesn't get the pulse racing.

Agree with all of this.  Sad for their fans that they lost what was a classic old football ground, replaced with a soulless bowl in the middle of nowhere.

Imagine if that happened to us... A big bowl in Feltham.

More like a big Bowel in the White City.

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

You are right Danny, but you must have a thing about them,remember you said we're come for you reading and then they ended up in the top playoff spot. Oh well mate
it's boring being right all the time eh! Lol.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

nose

I cannot agree with the OP much as I love the OPer.

I have no love or dislike of any of these clubs except I want them to lose on matchdays against us.

I can make a case for reading being a nice familly club within easy reach of fulham and therefore a better away day than the trek up the souless M1 to get up north potentially in the bleak mid-winter (sounds like a hymn).
It's true reading does not have the fantastic peak district on its door  step like sheffield or the beautiful yorkshire countryside like Huddersfield, but I can get home the same day at a respectable hour. I have friends that support the team and are decent enough people. Good luck to reading next season but I certainly hope they lose the next two games and we do not have to go there next season!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: nose on May 11, 2017, 12:08:14 PM
I cannot agree with the OP much as I love the OPer.

I have no love or dislike of any of these clubs except I want them to lose on matchdays against us.

I can make a case for reading being a nice familly club within easy reach of fulham and therefore a better away day than the trek up the souless M1 to get up north potentially in the bleak mid-winter (sounds like a hymn).
It's true reading does not have the fantastic peak district on its door  step like sheffield or the beautiful yorkshire countryside like Huddersfield, but I can get home the same day at a respectable hour. I have friends that support the team and are decent enough people. Good luck to reading next season but I certainly hope they lose the next two games and we do not have to go there next season!

I'm not just talking about from a Fulham fans perspective. I meant for the neutral, nobody seems to want Reading there. Most polls on twitter and stuff ask who do you WANT in the prem and we always come out on top followed by Wednesday, then Huddersfield and Reading way behind the 3.

They are a nice family club but one that lacks any character or personality. There are many clubs who achieve nothing but some are interesting like Fulham, some are boring like Reading.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Woolly Mammoth

I remember those heady away days at Elm Park, especially when we won there 4 0. ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

jarv

Spot on about best ground etc. I tell everyone I know in America, if you go to a match you HAVE to go to Craven Cottage. No other ground (or day out) like it. 049:gif

FFCFOREVER

Spot on with all your statements dannyboi.

LBNo11

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 11, 2017, 12:40:09 PM
I remember those heady away days at Elm Park, especially when we won there 4 0. ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

...remember that, Les Barrett scored the first goal and then Vic Halom scored two and Steve Earle got the fourth past their goalie Steve De'Ath...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

AlexW132

I don't really have anything against Reading, except for the fact that they seem to hate us. I suppose they don't actually have a decent local rivalry.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: LBNo11 on May 11, 2017, 06:52:18 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 11, 2017, 12:40:09 PM

...remember that, Les Barrett scored the first goal and then Vic Halom scored two and Steve Earle got the fourth past their goalie Steve De'Ath...

Yes, I can remember Vic Haloms bullet header from a corner in the second half I think that was the third goal. We had a fairly big support that day.
I can vaguely remember their goalie Steve Death, I believe they signed him from West Ham, he was quite small for a keeper, if my memory serves me right.

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: AlexW132 on May 11, 2017, 07:04:43 PM
I don't really have anything against Reading, except for the fact that they seem to hate us. I suppose they don't actually have a decent local rivalry.

Another reason to suggest they are boring. I know ours aren't massive rivalries but at least we have 3 as well as several London Derbies.

I don't have anything against Reading whatsoever. I was just pointing out that I think neutrals and the media are ignoring them because they are just dull.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I remember watching us there in 1999 and there being a running battle with about 20 supporters as we walked from the ground. About 3 guys I remember had taken their belts off and were thrashing them , buckle first over a guy that slipped. They cut his head open and happened right next to me and my dad. We were lucky not to get dragged into it as the blokes involved looked mental.  Didn't know which fans were from which club , but has always stuck in my mind about that place, because you would never think to associate it with Reading  Nasty.

Sgt Fulham

Fulham is not a train station. Reading is!

aaronmcguigan

Reading- I've got nothing. They're just dull. Soulless.....

Of course they're soulless, or seolless, we swapped him for Liam rosenior back in '07