watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2 lost Africans

Started by stevehawkinslidingtackle, May 13, 2017, 11:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevehawkinslidingtackle

As we were dawdling in Earls Court Stn about lunchtime, there were 2 black guys there wearing Fulham tops, about to board a train to Olympia. They got on and off a couple of times, looking a bit confused so I asked them if they were on the way to the game, & directed them to the other platform and Wimbledon train.  They got on the next carriage to us, and I next saw them as we were exiting Putney Bridge stn and they were waking back up the stairs to the eastbound platform. We chased after them and pointed them in the right direction, big smiles but were still totally lost.

After changing our seats with friends this morning, we all made our way to the front row at P3, just by the right hand post behind the goal. Never sat there before so fancied a change. Against all odds, the 2 same guys were sat in the seats directly behind us. We said hello, and one of them leaned forward to thank us. He told us they were friends of Floyd Ayite, and if we wanted to wait after the game, he could get our kids to have photos with him. We took that with a pinch of salt till until after the lap of honour,  and just as the team were walking their final stretch by the Putney goal, Ayite , at the back of the players, looked over at these 2 guys a few yards away, and made hand signals to them as if he would see them soon, pointing to the tunnel as he did, they exchanged a few brief words before he followed the others into the cottage. The 2 guys asked if we wanted to wait, but the kids were now getting agitated and hungry, so  we said our thanks and trudged out.

I actually backed him for the first goal too, but like many others, he had a bit of a shocker.

On another note, I bought Ray Parlour's autobiography at the station on the way home 'The Romford Pele' . I was reading on the train in Chap 1 that the first pro club he was taken on by aged 14 was Fulham. He said he loved it there, but soon after arriving there were uncertainties surrounding the club with whole Fulham Park Rangers sh1te, so he said coaches at the club started to leave in droves. Its then a friend of his introduced him to a coach at Arsenal. Seems like its going to be a very funny book of debauchery, football, gambling & drinking if anyone is ever interested.

Anyway, just home now after dinner and drinks. All a bit deflated after that performance, but just hope Reading think the hard work is done and we take it to them on Tues.... COYW