watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am proudl

Started by Peabody, May 17, 2017, 05:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I don't give a hoot what some of the depressives on here are saying, I am proud of what my Fulham have achieved this season. Best pfootball played by any other side in the Championship. We will be playing Reading again next season and revenge will be all the sweeter.

jeffc4golf

Well said I totally agree looking forward to next season not what might have been if we play like we have the second half of this season then there's no reason we can't get automatic promotion next season

Funky Fulham Dave

filham

Yes, we have done so well, played much better than any of us expected, scored so many goals and reached the play offs.
The only blot on the landscape was Martingate.
Just hope there will be continuity over the summer so that we can continue from where we left off.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Peabody on May 17, 2017, 05:11:39 PM
I don't give a hoot what some of the depressives on here are saying, I am proud of what my Fulham have achieved this season. Best pfootball played by any other side in the Championship. We will be playing Reading again next season and revenge will be all the sweeter.

Me too.
Nogood "pride cometh before the autumn, isit" Boyo

bobby01

I,m with you Peabody, good football played a nucleus of a very good team. Perhaps people should refer back to their expectations quoted at the beginning of the season, I would have been happy with 12th, so being cheated out of the playoffs is a much better place than I thought.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MrD1879

Well said and it has been a while since we could use the word proud and our club in the same sentence.

This will be a challenging summer I don't doubt it as when you play the sexy football teams will want your players but I believe the team will stick together and I have faith in our chairman and his son to bring us more of the same next year.

Mince n Tatties

I am Mr P,but that's the problem with us Fulham fans we all seem to accept that and being happy with being the bridesmaids...I want to see us win something.Coyw

WhiteJC

I couldn't agree more

this season we have seen Fulham play some of the best football for a long, long time

I'm disappointed we didn't get a trip to Wembley but just think how good the team will be next season now that Slaviša has shown what a team playing HIS WAY can do. A few decent additions to the squad, a striker who can be bovered and a bit more depth, we could be looking at a repeat of the Tigana era

when are the fixtures announced?  :dft011:

nose

i am not proud in the sens the OP meant. we did play sublime football at times but in january we had the opportunity to press our advantage and the owner choose to sit on his hands. he says he will do whatever it takes during the time of season ticket sales and then doesn't much give a dam what happens.

the owner cost us and i am not proud of reaching the play offs and failing through haveing a less than fit for purpose squad. we did a bit better than i predicted in being 6th not 8th but we were pathetic twice for lack of a couple of players... i am in despair!

vagrant

Quote from: nose on May 17, 2017, 08:40:15 PM
i am not proud in the sens the OP meant. we did play sublime football at times but in january we had the opportunity to press our advantage and the owner choose to sit on his hands. he says he will do whatever it takes during the time of season ticket sales and then doesn't much give a dam what happens.

the owner cost us and i am not proud of reaching the play offs and failing through haveing a less than fit for purpose squad. we did a bit better than i predicted in being 6th not 8th but we were pathetic twice for lack of a couple of players... i am in despair!

Now where have I read read that before ???

gezkc

Spot on Peabody!

We should all be proud of what we've achieved this season. Making the play offs while playing the nicest football in the division. Considering where we've been over the past couple of years, that was a tremendous achievement.
We have something good happening at Fulham now - long may it continue. We'll build on this and come back even stronger next season.
COYWs!!

nose

Quote from: vagrant on May 17, 2017, 08:44:56 PM
Quote from: nose on May 17, 2017, 08:40:15 PM

Now where have I read read that before ???

you read it in all my posts and it will be a long summer of the same until our owner wakes from his slumbbers and becomes an owner with ambition or stops saying he has ambition for us, because he has none.

Woolly Mammoth

I understand both arguments of the equation, and it's all ifs and buts and maybes.
But I remain optimistic, we have to be. Nobody must allow themselves to beat themselves up over others shortcomings. The season is over, we must look forward not back.
I am sure that's what our Manager is doing, because from his point of view, after last nights dissapointment, it's a challenge he must and will want to win even more so. The manager is hungry and he will no doubt challenge his players he wants to keep to have the same desire and appetite to join him on next seasons journey to the promised land, and the Chairman and Board must back him to the hilt.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

Nose, your arguement has nothing to do with the team and how they have performed, or indeed with the management of the team. You obviously have issues with the owner. I am proud of our team. So please deal with that .

uzuccher96

Can't wait to see Reading loosing the final and for us to take our revenge

Burt

It has been a season to remember, and good to have a bit of pride back once more after a few dismal seasons of managerial merry-go-rounds off the pitch and mediocrity on the pitch.

If we hold on to Slaviša and the core of the team, then with a couple of smart signings we'll be in with a decent shout next season.

We have to trust that the club will do the right thing in making this happen...

Barrett487

Quote from: Peabody on May 17, 2017, 09:18:05 PM
Nose, your arguement has nothing to do with the team and how they have performed, or indeed with the management of the team. You obviously have issues with the owner. I am proud of our team. So please deal with that .

I'm proud of them as well Mr P. Whilst Nose has issues in certain areas, i agree that this is not the thread to do it in.

Proud to be black 'n' white
049:gif

nose

Quote from: Peabody on May 17, 2017, 09:18:05 PM

the players tried very hard, and that is a real bonus after the lastfew seasons. i was imensely proud of that. I was also mighty impressed with the sublime football we played on so many occasions. It was stunning and amazing and the most impressive since malcom macdonald's team IMO. I hope you are happy with that unequivocal statement.

But for the next few weeks i think it vital to predominantely focus on what went wrong, but just for you i will take my argument elsewhere and continue to try to discuss how we can actually improve and also why we unnececsarilly failed.

Twig

I am ,proud of the squad (bar one who shall not be named).  I am proud of the manager and his team and of everyone who makes a difference at our wonderful club.

I am not depressed, it has to be onwards and upwards. I also think that in another year SJ will have a squad that is more prem ready.  My one fear was promotion followed by a desperate grind to avoid relegation.

I do understand and agree with nose's basic point, the failure to invest in January was hugely disappointing. It does leave a question mark hanging over the sincerity of the owning Khan family.  But we just have to wait and see, there are certainly worse owners littered across the four divisions, so much for the "fit and proper" test.  The authorities and committees running our game and the individuals who hold these positions are an absolute joke.