watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else still feeling depressed?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, May 18, 2017, 08:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

I was actually ok on the Tuesday night - I just took the attitude that we tried our best but lost.

However woke up the following morning and felt down in the dumps, and still feeling that way.

:012:

Woolly Mammoth

I am not feeling depressed, just dissapointed and angry at the way we were beaten by a contentious penalty decision that should never have been given. Especially after their goal on Saturday that should never have been allowed.
But I have learnt to bounce back quickly from knock downs. It's the only way, otherwise you end up punishing yourself unnecessarily.
I would like to think it will make the club, manager and players stronger and more determined to do better next season.
There will always be a period of mourning so to speak, but it does nobody any good to dwell too long. Life is too short.
We start with a clean slate next season, and every cloud has a silver lining. 👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 18, 2017, 08:24:13 AM
I am not feeling depressed, just dissapointed and angry at the way we were beaten by a contentious penalty decision that should never have been given. Especially after their goal on Saturday that should never have been allowed.
But I have learnt to bounce back quickly from knock downs. It's the only way, otherwise you end up punishing yourself unnecessarily.
I would like to think it will make the club, manager and players stronger and more determined to do better next season.
There will always be a period of mourning so to speak, but it does nobody any good to dwell too long. Life is too short.
We start with a clean slate next season, and every cloud has a silver lining. 👍⚽️

Key is to keep joka - if we lose players it's not good but I trust joka to make good acquisitions to keep us as promotion contenders. If we lose joka that will be a disaster.

FFCFOREVER

We have all the building blocks in place for a promising next season.I think we may do a Brighton with a couple of shrewd additions so the future is bright.COYW

The Enclosurite

The disappointment will no doubt last until the first ball is kicked next season.  Hopefully the positivity will then begin to flow again.   COYW 049:gif
¡COYW!

BedsFFC

I'm buzzing for the excitement of transfer rumours etc of pre-season.

Play off's? ...What Play off's?

nose

i feel worse
I keep re running the two games and the ludicrous standard and behaviour of the referees and reading's attitude to play
I keep re-running the optimism on the MB from December and who we might bring in, and then on the 1st Feb seeing it was nobody
I keep thinking we had such a golden opportunity and simply threw it away...I honestly fear we have a macdonald/Clay situation, it is so similar in the way it is panning out and I note Joca's familly live in Spain.

In an ideal world, we are now brilliantly placed to build a team capable of being promoted by end of March, if we keep the key players and bring in  a few, I think many players will want to come to Fulham because of what we have done this season and the brand of football we play, the board just need to make it so.

Unfortunately I have no faith that is likely to happen.

Woolly Mammoth

Nose, you need to have a lie down. Nobody has died, let's get things into prospective, you are shortening your life by going back over old ground.
You must look forward and be optimistic no matter what.  May I remind you, we haven't been relegated, we made the play offs and deservedly so, but have been prevented from appearing at Wembley to play Huddersfield Town, due to a couple of sets of circumstances on the field of play, beyond our control. Relax and think of something nice like Daisy Lowe, or whoever floats your boat.
Otherwise they will be coming to take you away ha ha he he ho ho.

Never forget your Roots.

BedsFFC

Nose, I think your heart was in the right place but I am starting to see signs of Trolling. I am close to the point where if I see a thread of yours, I just ignore it.

I think you may be taking the piss. Wittingly or possibly otherwise.  I'm sure I am not alone. I honestly don't want a discussion on the subject, I am just letting you know.

westcliff white

i didnt feel depressed afterwards just dissapointed.
Every day is a Fulham day

grandad

The only thing I am still depressed about is the very few who constantly post nothing but negativity. There is a new horizon . Let us march towards it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Quote from: grandad on May 18, 2017, 11:44:03 AM
The only thing I am still depressed about is the very few who constantly post nothing but negativity. There is a new horizon . Let us march towards it.

I did try that once and fell over the edge of a cliff.  :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 18, 2017, 10:48:01 AM
Nose, you need to have a lie down. Nobody has died, let's get things into prospective, you are shortening your life by going back over old ground.
You must look forward and be optimistic no matter what.  May I remind you, we haven't been relegated, we made the play offs and deservedly so, but have been prevented from appearing at Wembley to play Huddersfield Town, due to a couple of sets of circumstances on the field of play, beyond our control. Relax and think of something nice like Daisy Lowe, or whoever floats your boat.
Otherwise they will be coming to take you away ha ha he he ho ho.

If only it were all that simple. you recall the might bill shankly's words of course, but even they were not entirely true.

i come from a time when the club you supported was part of your life like your family. i was brought up with it day to day. i spend far too long considering the 5 man back 4.
we were sublime at times this season, we deserved to go up, to go to wembley, we were more than good enough. But we were betrayed from within. we ended up not having a big enough squad, the cavalry could have come in winter but the general at the fort was snoozing and failed to wake up and hear our cries for a proer center forward... so we were left to the vagaries of poor and biased officials.

I have had a lie down and I dream of MAF. when he joined i increased my season tickets from two to 5 because it was obvious he wanted and was going to get success. He did all the right things and if he got  it wrong he fixed it. the new man, he doesn't evben know there is a problem. 

we were better than good enough. what is doing for me is the prospect that we will not do what is required to kick on. I have no faith in the ability of our leadership and as a consequence the manager will walk. that is why i am so unhappy

Others on the MB are talking about what needs to be done. i cannot join in with that, it is the same as we said in december!!! why will it be different now?

I have even been told off (sort of) for not being proud of my team. what else could I be   but be proud of being a member of the best club in football. You can read that in every word i write. i want us to be the best we can be, we do not need to succeed but we do need to be the best we can and if we fail it is not for the want of trying. And therein lies the issue, we failed in january to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.

Sorry to go on, it's what i do

I hate tennis and cricket, role on next season.

uzuccher96

Yeah, I'm just disappointed, now waiting for the revenge against Reading

Sent from my CHEETAH using Tapatalk

RaySmith

Still a bit down. I always try to move on immediately on after  such important defeats, forget about them, look forward.

But I do feel a bit empty, after so many weeks of  excited anticipation about what was going to happen, and now there is nothing  for a bit. But there will be transfer activity and preparations for the forthcoming season soon to become involved in.

Good reasons for Fulham fans to feel positive for the first time in years. Onwards and upwards.

Buffalo76

Depressed about Tuesday but angry about Saturday and how Reading were able to get away with so much fouling and time wasting, not helped by a bottle job ref. There's ways of stopping teams play but Reading overstepped the mark big time.
Let's hope Huddersfield dish out some football justice on the 29th.
That's it and that's all.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Buffalo76 on May 18, 2017, 05:24:18 PM
Depressed about Tuesday but angry about Saturday and how Reading were able to get away with so much fouling and time wasting, not helped by a bottle job ref. There's ways of stopping teams play but Reading overstepped the mark big time.
Let's hope Huddersfield dish out some football justice on the 29th.

I am already doing my war dance for the Terriers. 👍⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

snarks

I just have sense of disbelief, 2 teams that we beat 5-0 in the regular season made the final, and one of them will be in the Prem

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: snarks on May 18, 2017, 08:10:48 PM
I just have sense of disbelief, 2 teams that we beat 5-0 in the regular season made the final, and one of them will be in the Prem

Yes. I am lost for words, when you say it like that.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulhamfan666

Yeah 100%. Didn't deserve to go out like that.